Solta Medical

Be The First To
Add Photos

Solta Medical Chairman, President, and CEO Steve Fanning

Steve Fanning

I am much enjoy working with my co -workers and interfacing my customers

Field/Depot Service Technician (Current Employee) Hayward, CA

ProsEveryday is challenging to satisfy customers

ConsSolta has an acceptable policies , not much competition

Advice to Senior Managementnone

High Turnover

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Hayward, CA

ProsThere were a lot of talented people in Solta: engineering, marketing, regulatory, software, sales, etc. Salaries and benefits were good.

ConsSome some management ruled by intimidation, which did not make for a supportive work environment.

accountant

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Hayward, CA

ProsNice people and great products

ConsLong hours on month/qtr end close

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Was a nice place to work - recently acquired and no longer exists

ProsSeveral great products, good people. Tried hard to be a good company with a proactive & quality focused culture. Appreciated it's employees.

ConsPoor leadership at the top level. Completely failed to develop a sustainable business model. Made several bad acquisitions and never retrenched to fix the problems it bought.

Advice to Senior ManagementDecide what you want your next company to be in the future state, develop a realistic & milestone focused model on how to get there (just like any other project plan). Commit the resources needed, and ensure your business model supports the milestones,

Great People, Poor Decisions

ProsThe best reason to work at Solta is the people. I never ran into any one who was difficult to work with. The populace seemed to be able to communicate requests and expectations in a polite and professional manner. Management has high expectations but they are very reasonable and respectful of an employees time.

ConsTop level company strategies proved ineffective and were not corrected quickly enough. What ultimately ended up as a very poor acquisition left the company with limited options but to be acquired itself. The company seems rudderless now after the buyout and all the nice people I spoke of in the "Pro" section are slowly disappearing. A company that had multiple amazing products and huge potential is slowly dying.

Advice to Senior ManagementStrong leadership and presence is vital in uncertain times. You either have to step up or risk watching every one drift away.

A great growing experience

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Hayward, CA

ProsThe people were very cross-functional, smart, energetic, dedicated and approachable. I would work with many of the people again. We had beautiful offices, an on-site clinic and a clean work environment.

ConsLong hours, small raises, low bonus payout.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more transparent and provide more avenues for feedback.

Great Place to work with Good People

Senior Manager (Current Employee) Hayward, CA

ProsGood Location, Good People, Good Products

ConsNo career growth, Siloed environment, Traditional Management

Advice to Senior Managementn/a

a good place to work

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Hayward, CA

Prospeople are nice & helpful. company really cares about the employees welfare

Consno growth, no encouragement to do better

Good company

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Hayward, CA

ProsGood company and small company culture, easy to improve things and/or make positive impact to the organization.

ConsResources scant due to aggressive acquisition strategy, not enough focus on core management of company.

Solta Medical/Thermage has been a great company to work for the last 9 years

Senior Materials Handler (Current Employee) Hayward, CA

ProsGood pay, good benefits. Hard work and dedication is recognized and rewarded.

ConsTried to corner the aesthetics market and bit off more then they could chew.

Advice to Senior ManagementShould have been happy with your position in the marketplace.

Worked for Solta Medical? Contribute to the Community!