SolutionStream

4.1

Travis Cook

Excellent Work Environment

I have been working at SolutionStream full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Excellent work life balance, super positive place to work with relaxed atmosphere. Great incentives. Paid overtime, the ability to use vacation time normally or be paid for it, and the ability to bank overtime hours to accrue additional vacation are all awesome benefits. The management structure is very flat so your voice is heard.

Cons

The lifestyle of a consultant can be difficult and disjointed. The opportunity for career advancement within the company is limited for those that come in at Senior Developer or above.

Focus on opportunities for training, and opportunities for career advancement.

Solid company to work with that can offer varied experience on multiple types of projects.

I have been working at SolutionStream full-time

Pros

Good, smart people to work with. Management structure is not deep so it is easier to have an influence on the company. Paid hourly so you get paid for over time worked. Over tome can be used as vacation time or more pay. Good verity of projects to work on. Increase level of experience squickly.

Cons

Not paid for hours that are not directly billable to the client. Over all compensation may not be competitive. You may be working at a clients site for a few months so potentially you may have a long commute for a time.

Continue listening to employees feedback and taking it seriously. Built employee training into your structure.

Very Positive Environment and Refreshing Atmosphere!

I have been working at SolutionStream full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

This is a really relaxed and positive place to work. Very busy but the atmosphere stays uplifting. Excellent incentives. They do lots of employee parties for just employees but lots of family events as well. It has a very open door policy feel to it.

Cons

Staying connected with all employees is hard due to the fact that some are on location with our clients but they do try to have monthly parties where everybody can reconnect.

Keep up the company events and keep trying to make people feel like they are part of a big team.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good place to work...

Current Employee - Senior Project Manager
    Current Employee - Senior Project Manager

I have been working at SolutionStream full-time for less than a year

Pros

The actually offer was just as the recruiter had said it would be. As a whole, I have found SolutionStream to be a very good company that does all the things they say they are going to do.

Cons

Typical office politics (but this is expected at some level at any company).

The best company I have work at to date.

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer  in  Lehi, UT
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Lehi, UT

I have been working at SolutionStream full-time for more than a year

Pros

Management doesn't take advantage of their employees. Instead, they go above and beyond to make it a great place to work. This includes paying employees what they are worth and even paying them extra when they work past 40 hours in a week (this doesn't happen at most tech companies). They also have numerous family friendly activities like Lagoon Day, renting out movie theaters, huge Christmas gift give-a-ways, monthly company barbecues, etc.

I also appreciate always working on the latest technologies so that my value as an employee doesn't decrease over time. Overall great experience for our entire family.

Cons

While I like the insurance they currently have for their employees, I would be nice to have things like dental and vision paid for by the company.

Politics, politics, politics and no professionals.

Current Employee - Developer  in  Lehi, UT
    Current Employee - Developer in Lehi, UT

I have been working at SolutionStream as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

The pay is competitive, their variety of vendors means variety of work, and the office space is nice.

Cons

They go through account managers like toilet paper, no doubt because they are poorly trained and often combative. The company's been working on a project management tool for over two years to help these people do their job. No, it's not finished yet. Meanwhile, they often direct complaints or questions about development, design, and programming to your managers without talking to you first.

It's not uncommon to hear something said about you or your work by a manager from a fellow employee instead of hearing directly from management yourself. There's a culture of secrecy, politics, and sudden firings with no explanation. Sometimes these people will later be rehired again. The development team especially is an old boys' club, run by arrogant and crude managers who would rather defame you to a manager than confront you directly over a professional disagreement. Hardly a professional in sight.

Any attempts to directly manage complaints with other employees or departments is often met by confusion, hostility, or feigned apologies that later come back to you in passive-aggressive gossip.

Watching you leave the office in your luxury cars to go golfing demoralizes your employees. Replace your middle management with folks who have the social skills to encourage, help, and unite their teams. Maybe try to create a culture instead of leaving it to your middle management. What they've created is high school at best and an old boys network at worst.

Decent company but terrible benefits

Former Employee - Senior Database Administrator
    Former Employee - Senior Database Administrator

I worked at SolutionStream as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

I worked for solution stream for almost a year as a contractor offsite in Denver. The company is decent and the overtime pay is great.

Cons

The benefits are the worst I have ever seen as a contractor and I have been in IT for almost 20 years. They claim to provide insurance benefits but I experienced an ER visit that required 20 stitches and incredibly the claim was denied. Along with other Dr visits all of which were not covered for some reason, I now owe $1500.
    Had I known the insurance was so terrible I would never have taken the job.

Your benefits are terrible. Stop telling your contractors that they have insurance coverage.

E

Former Employee - QA Engineer  in  Lehi, UT
    Former Employee - QA Engineer in Lehi, UT

I worked at SolutionStream full-time for more than a year

Pros

Work/life balance is great as well as the company culture.

Cons

This company is client based; if there isn't enough work you get laid off.

Update or change the way you get clients so that there is enough work for the amount of employees you hire.

Great place to work!

I have been working at SolutionStream full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great people to work with, competitive pay, fun environment, learning opportunities, great management, Best job I have ever had, plan to be here a long time. You feel like people care about you and want to keep you around. Never had lay offs. Lots of opportunities to work on different applications.

Cons

Sometimes clients rather you work at their offices so you may be placed at a different location instead of the main office.

Great company to work for!

I have been working at SolutionStream full-time

Pros

Highly-talented and experienced group of people who have proven ability to deliver fabulous custom software. They are also a lot of fun to work with. Working with many clients, you have the opportunity to develop a breadth of experience that you can't get working for one company.

Cons

If you do not like consulting (often switching from one client to another), then this may not be for you.

Worked for SolutionStream? Contribute to the Community!