Solutionary Reviews

Updated August 19, 2014
Updated August 19, 2014

Steven A Idelman

Okay

I have been working at Solutionary full-time

Pros

Pays well, always hiring new employees

Cons

Lack thought innovation. Doesn't look for a larger picture.

Listen

Employee abusive and juvenile company.

I worked at Solutionary full-time

Pros

The oly pro is that they pay you.

Cons

Fellow employees are obnoxious, immature, and hostile. Managemnet is abusive and hostile to employees.

realize that employees are human beings and not machines.

Ups and Downs, all and all you learn IT Security Practices to carry on with you

Current Employee - Information Security Analyst  in  Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Information Security Analyst in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Solutionary full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Decent Pay for Entry Level
    - Paid security Plus training and Certification (refer to Cons for this as well)
    - If you love OT it is there for the taking

Cons

- 24/7/365, so expect a lot of work load carry over from the previous shift.

- Culture is not very enjoyable in the Pittsburgh office, it seems a lot of Information Security Analysts are rushing to get moved to another department, which makes the surroundings in the Security Operations Center nearly unbearable at times.

-CompTIA Security+ Certification is mandatory in order to keep your employment, at the time I got hired in October of 2012 It was not mentioned that this training and certification was even required. It is a good thing that the company is paying for a single weeks training on the material involved on the exam, and they provide you the text book for your own self study as well pay for the exam.

"Warning: If you are a student out side of Solutionary working to get a Bachelor's in IT such as myself, expect to put it aside for intensive Security+ studying. If you fail the exam once, you are given the option to take it again within a single week's time, but if a second failed attempt occurs the financial burden of the exam falls on you the employee, or you will be terminated".

Please understand this is my con, but not to drive anyone away from a good opportunity to emerge yourself in the information security world.

"Moving forward let new hires for "Information Security Analysts" understand at the interview, before they take your offer that CompTIA Security + is required to maintain employed"

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good and fair place to work, with a open door to furthering an IT Security carreer :)

Former Employee - Information Security Analyst  in  Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Employee - Information Security Analyst in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at Solutionary full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Learn a lot when it comes to IT Security, plus company paid "Security +" certification training and testing.

- Fair pay for entry level

- Advancement opportunities are there if you work at them.

- Tons of Overtime

Cons

- 24/7/365 so shifts are filled as needed

- Security+ Certification is required as a "Information Security Analyst" with no exceptions, this as mentioned is provided and paid for by Solutionary.

Okay, but don't plan on making a career there!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Omaha, NE
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

I worked at Solutionary full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good products and much to learn. If you want to dive headlong into Security as a career, you can learn a lot here. Most of the people who work here really do care about the customer and want to do a good job.

Cons

The "famiy run" atmosphere can be toxic. Being publicly berated is not uncommon. Favoritism runs rampant. If you do not have a thick skin, this is definitely not the place to be. Extremely high turnover rates.

Retire. Now. Leave the running of this company to professionals.

Great Company in a Growing Industry

Current Employee - Current Employee  in  Kansas City, MO
    Current Employee - Current Employee in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at Solutionary full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Solutionary is a great company to work for with great corporate values. Senior management has an open door policy and truly cares about the well being of their employees. The company is growing at a rapid rate which means there is never a dull day. Each and every day brings a new challenge and learning opportunity. Security is something that is here for the long haul so Solutionary provides great job security.

Cons

The same thing that is a pro is also a con; growing at a very rapid rate, which means there is a lot of work to do. Sometimes it is very difficult to stay focused on the task at hand since you are being pulled in different directions.

Keep doing what you are donig.

Growing like wildfire!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Pitts, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pitts, PA

I have been working at Solutionary full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Solutionary is the only pure-play MSSP in the industry and ranked as a leader in the 2012 MSSP Magic Quadrant. They know security, it's their only focus. If you're looking for a great place to work with a forecasted 20-30% increase in employee count, over the next year, Solutionary is the place. And, with the expected increase in employee count, they'll be plenty of opportunity for advancement. I've been with the company for about 5 years and appreciate the leadership and dedication of all teammates.

Cons

None at this time - so busy; hanging in there!

Keep doing what you're doing and steering the company down the path of success. You've successfully done it many times over!

Hard work and dedication = opportuntities for advancement

Current Employee - Network Administrator  in  Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - Network Administrator in Omaha, NE

I have been working at Solutionary full-time for more than a year

Pros

Fast paced which gives someone plenty of opportuniites for experience, it also allows you to stay busy as well as be challenged. I like the fact that there are a lot of veterans working here, it shows that the company respects the military (in my opinion) and our country. I've read some of the other posts on this site about our management and it made me wonder, this company just in the time I've been there has grown quite a bit, from what I've seen we've nearly doubled the past 2 1/2 years and our ratings within the industry seem to have been continually improving, etc., so with that being said, to me (and I have zero executive experience, never even owned and ran my own lemonade stand growing up) it sure does seem our executives have been doing the right things to build and grow this company, that is unless somehow in todays business world and market we're just the luckiest SOB's around which I don't think is really plausible. So, with that being said, we have had tremendous growth and in our industry our ratings have done nothing but improve, so that would mean they're doing a darn good job. More pro's, they pay seems to be very competitive, though all of us always seem to want more, benefits are good too. Lastly, the title of this review is dedication and hard work = opportunities for advancement, here if you do work hard and are dedicated, it really does seem to get noticed and is rewarded. Also, we are VERY customer/client focused which I've always liked.

Cons

Some of the departments could try to work more effeciently together, also instead of having separate vacation and sick days (which you lose if you dont' get sick and use them) have PTO days isntead.

Since I've never owned and ran a lemondade stand therefore I don't know what it takes to grow and run a company, I'd have to say continue what you are doing as it apparently/obviously is working looking at how much we've grown, especially in todays economony!

Growing Industry!!!

Current Employee - Information Security Analyst  in  Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - Information Security Analyst in Omaha, NE

I have been working at Solutionary for less than a year

Pros

Growing industry that really knows how to take care of their customers. It's a very refreshing Customer First company! I haven't experienced this in a company before.

Cons

It's a growing company, might have to work extra hours per week but it's exciting! I am proud to work here. I have worked at other companies that are not as close knit as Solutionary.

Great visionary leadership! I learn something every day from my manager and co workers. I am very proud to work here.

They don't want professionals. They want clones

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

I have been working at Solutionary full-time for more than a year

Pros

Very good software application. Nice facilities

Cons

No corporate strategy, poor leadership, micromanaged, inadequate training. The culture is so bad they order people to write good reviews here. Anything above 4 stars is bogus. They do a lot of hiring, but it's balanced by the number of people that leave.

Retire. People agree with you because they want to keep a job. Most think you've taken it as far as you can. Your arrogance is going to be this company's downfall.

Worked for Solutionary? Contribute to the Community!