Solutionreach

Updated August 15, 2014
Updated August 15, 2014

3.4

Jim Higgins

The best co-workers and company culture I have ever experienced!

Current Employee - Anonymous  in  Lehi, UT
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Lehi, UT

Pros

The thing that I really love about Solutionreach is that the goals that we market having (we do xyz for our customers and help them be successful) are goals that we ACTUALLY have--it makes it a lot easier to sell our product, market our product, support our product, and be proud of who we are working for.

I love having my input and contributions valued and recognized. Rather than being micromanaged, I am encouraged to think outside the box and propose my ideas. Because the company is so focused on innovation, they really support trying new things and giving me the room I need to execute my ideas--even when the results aren't guaranteed.

They are supportive of my life outside of Solutionreach; I don't ever feel like I have to choose work over my personal responsibilities, and it has made it very easy to function as a successful employee and also a normal person that maintains a satisfying home life.

I feel like I work with my best friends, every day--including my boss(es.) I've never laughed so much during the day, or had as much fun doing the very same thing that pays my bills.

Cons

The pay isn't excellent, but I feel the trade-off of loving what I do is worth it.

Compensation--in order to stay competitive in the workforce landscape, it will have to raise. At some point, loving the job probably won't be worth it anymore (not just for me, but for everyone.)

Finally a company that cares !! Challenging, motivating, and understanding workplace. AMAZING!

Current Employee - Client Engagement  in  Lehi, UT
    Current Employee - Client Engagement in Lehi, UT

Pros

Great benefits, GREAT pay, flexible schedules and little to no micro management. I love the ongoing education with the services as well as the competitive evolution of the product. Things are always improving in the office and in the product ! Free lunches once a month, very flexible as long as you get what you need to completed. They want to see you succeed and will do whatever it takes to help you along the way as long as your proactive when you need help in asking for it.

Cons

Little to none pretty steep learning curve training could have been longer but that was only due to that fact they needed to get us on the phones asap. Most training's are quite extensive so no worries there.

Keep on doing what you're doing. Always listening and applying the ideas of people on the ground level !

Solid fast growing company

Pros

Solutionreach is a positive fast moving company. I have seen a lot of people move around the company as needs have come up and they come up often with the growth. I have always been given the tools to do my job and I have always felt listened to. That doesn't mean my suggestions always happen, but they are always considered and often heeded. Goals are clear and departments seem to communicate really well.

Cons

Benefits split could be more competitive.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Changes in company are causing it to go downhill

Current Employee - Client Success  in  Lehi, UT
    Current Employee - Client Success in Lehi, UT

Pros

Reasonable initial pay for a job that doesn't require a degree, and little to no experience. Facility is nice with good amenities for lunch hour/breaks (gym, ping pong, air hockey, basketball hoop, TV's etc.) Free soda and periodic free lunches every once in a while. Free bagels and coffee every Tuesday morning. Generally good atmosphere with most of the employees being chill, laid back people. Bonus structure where top performing employees get bonuses.

Cons

Please keep in mind that the following cons apply exclusively to the support department, as it's the only department I have experience in working with.

Management EXTREMELY out of touch with what the happenings are on the floor on a day to day basis. (Particularly as of January 2014 when models were changed and new upper management employees were hired externally.) Extremely stupid decisions are repeatedly made by management that not only negatively affect the employees here, but also negatively affect the customers of Solutionreach. Metrics used for bonus measurement are extremely flawed, and in the end, tend to reward selfish and lazy employees that aren't concerned with assisting others. Motivated workers who work hard and do their best to help newer employees frequently get the shaft from management and aren't rewarded like they ought to be. As a result, the highest quality employees get burnt out after a while and lose motivation and frequently end up quitting due to the company choosing to reward employees who certainly do not deserve it over pure hard work. Management has a facade attitude of "taking everything into consideration" and put on a front of being open to suggestions, but any suggestions fall on deaf ears at best. I've never had a personal issue or major concern that I've personally had to approach management with, but if I did, I wouldn't dare approach management with any issues for two major reasons:

1- Futile effort. Nothing gets done or is resolved whenever an employee has an issue
    2- Fear of reprimand. Contradict a poor decision made by management, and all of a sudden you become forever branded as a "bad attitude" employee and any possibility of moving up with the company gets guillotined.

Speaking of moving up, there is very very very little room to do so in the company. For those who do move up in the company, management has a knack to pass up people who are extremely qualified for positions in favor of those with next to no qualifications and very poor leadership.

What started as a promising job for me with hopes of possible career potential has over time become sodden with the taint of poor management and stupid decisions. My disillusionment with bad management has dropped my level of respect of Solutionreach to the point that I have almost no loyalty to this company anymore, which to me is a sad thing.

Support model is broken. We need to go back to some degree of how it was before while still keeping the few benefits of the new model. (Not necessarily assigned reps for accounts, but we need graphics reps to be their own thing and not try and lump everything into "tier 1"). Tech/tier 2 reps should be paid significantly more than regular support employees and should not be expected to take inbound calls as their focus should be exclusively to fix/solve any tech problems as quickly as possible. They have specialized skills above and beyond a typical support rep and should be compensated for them. On a related note, graphics specialists should also be paid higher depending on the quality of their work. There should be an exclusive team within support that does graphics exclusively and each rep gets paid not only on their graphics experience, but based off of the quality of their graphics.

MANAGEMENT NEEDS TO LISTEN TO THEIR EMPLOYEES. If someone comes in with a suggestion or perhaps an issue about something management is doing, actually listen to them and try to improve instead of brushing it off as an employee with a bad attitude. There are a lot of employees in the company who are working harder than steel, but are getting burnt out and disillusioned when they see just how out of touch management is. If you want to retain quality employees, stop making dumb, ill-thought decisions about who you reward for work. Accept responsibility that any mass attitude problems among employees are typically a direct result of bad management decisions.

If due to the volume of growth we need to be a call center, then just be a call center. Don't continue to pretend to be some superior "client success" department then implement all sorts of random call-center like policies that weigh down the client success mentality. If we are going to be client success, then be client success. If this isn't possible due to growth, then be a call center.

Great Resume Builder

Current Employee - Rep  in  Lehi, UT
    Current Employee - Rep in Lehi, UT

Pros

For the most part not too stressful

Cons

Incompetent management, lack of opportunity

Work somewhere else, like a call center. Otherwise don't turn this place into a call center.

Great product but super poor sales structure.

Former Employee - Extended Sales Representative
    Former Employee - Extended Sales Representative

Pros

They are generous with top notch equipment: IMac, IPad and IPhone.

Cons

poor customer service, very little support/promotion of the extended sales team. Stealing each others leads, amazing amount of CRM to protect your own accounts.

SUPPORT YOUR EXTENDED SALS TEAM!

Great experience so far.

Current Employee - Extended Sales Representative  in  Lehi, UT
    Current Employee - Extended Sales Representative in Lehi, UT

Pros

Create your own schedule for sales.

Cons

Nothing to speak of now., however training could be better, longer, and more organized.

Better training, better organization.

Free soda

Pros

Great soda and pizza days

Cons

you better like living off free soda and pizza

Great, fast-paced work environment in a team-based setting with people who are always ready to help.

Current Employee - Client Success  in  Lehi, UT
    Current Employee - Client Success in Lehi, UT

Pros

Great benefits, moderate to good pay, experience not necessarily needed. They also do birthday lunches each month and free bagels and coffee every Tuesday. Plus we recently raised thousands of dollars for children's cancer research. Almost everything is self-paced as well.

Cons

Very poor engineering department which consistently releases unfinished programs, favoritism plays a major role between departments. Lately there has been a large emphasis on quantity more than quality, expecting people to compare in calls and cases purely number-wise instead of taking into consideration the quality or difficulty of the work. Literally NO testing department, opting instead to make our customers our testers. Started with a family and their close friends and ward members with a like-minded clique. Don't expect much sensitivity if you're outside of their "norm".

Engineering needs to be revamped. Favoritism really needs to stop. If anyone in support broke as many offices as engineering has, we'd get canned in a heartbeat (with good reason). Get a testing department, and don't bottleneck information. We need to know when major patches are being released. We need to know what to expect and when to expect it.
    I would also advise making only those with a technical aptitude supervisors and team leads. We're a Software as a Service company but we cripple ourselves and our knowledge base, and don't have a strong enough focus on the "Software."

You cannot beat the culture at Solutionreach!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Lehi, UT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lehi, UT

Pros

Solutionreach is a great place to work. The culture is unbeatable. It is awesome to work with people who truly love what they do. They have an open door policy which is awesome and in my experience, employee feedback is received well by their managers. There is a fun company culture and being that it is growing quickly, you are always busy.

Cons

Like any company that is growing quickly, there are growing pains. That being said, there is great opportunity for input and making a difference.

Keep doing what you are doing!

Worked for Solutionreach? Contribute to the Community!