SolutionsIQ

SolutionsIQ President Charles Rudd

Charles Rudd

Data analysis

Program Manager Tech III (Current Employee) Redmond, WA

ProsThey treat you like an adult, they have good pay, parties and no useless meetings that do not apply to your job.

ConsNeed to check in more with there employees, but not too much more.

Working at SolutionsIQ for the past several years has provided career growth and job satisfaction.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Redmond, WA

ProsSolutionsIQ is a great consulting firm to work with because they are involved with cutting edge solutions that people want to buy, ie Agile Consulting, Agile Software Development, Agile Talent. The people who work here are committed to the success of the company and to the success of our clients. SolutionsIQ provides a flexibile working situation and a good work/home balance. The owners are hands-on, which could be seen as a negative, but I think it provides a focused and driven passion for excellence.

ConsNot a dynamic workplace since most of the consultants are in the field at client sites.
    No matching 401K since the economic dip.

Advice to Senior ManagementCharlie and John Rudd have done a good job of positioning SolutionsIQ as thought leaders in Agile and Scrum. A few words of advise might be to...Pause to celebrate successes,
    invest more in your employees and find a cause that the company can rally around to give back to the community.

Great place to learn and develop yourself, but not much opportunity for advancement

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Redmond, WA

ProsHas a history of being the best at what they do - clearly the place you want to work if you want to focus on agile development practices. More dedicated to learning and success for their customers than at other consulting firms I've worked for. Great colleagues, with a culture that's really committed to collaborative work and learning.

ConsPoor benefits package, especially vacation, which is the worst of any company I'd worked for (5 years before you get more than 2 weeks). Vague salary structure. Unclear path for advancement. Difficulty in closing deals and a frequently changing strategy has led to an unstable work environment.

Advice to Senior ManagementCreate clear, focused vision to for the future, and stick to it, so your customers and employees know what they can count on. Give people a clear understanding of how their contributions will be acknowledged and recognized.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

SolutionIQ best contractor for Microsoft work

Technical Writer (Former Employee) Redmond, WA

Pros1. They respect their employees.

2. Microsoft is probably the major company in which they place their employees. Such employees are contracted as "v-" (vee-dash) vendors, which means they can work indefinitely as long as there is work, as opposed to most other contractors at Microsoft who are "a-" agency employees, who can work only for a year before they are required to take 100 days off.

They also throw a yearly family picnic for everyone, which is probably very expensive. I worked for them for six years, and never heard anything negative about them; which I think is very significant.

ConsMost of the work is contract; not FTE.

Advice to Senior ManagementThey are doing a great job for what they do!

Great company to work with and represent!

ProsSolutionsIQ allows it's team members to do what they need to in order to accomplish their jobs. They offer support, and treat people like professional adults. It's a refreshing environment to be in each day.

ConsThe culture can seem laid back, and could perhaps use a bit more drive...but really, there is a great amount of work life balance, and that is pretty important to a lot of individuals.

Advice to Senior ManagementMy only suggestion is to review the benefits, specifically the vacation/PTo policy in order to bring it up to industry standards.

Worked for SolutionsIQ? Contribute to the Community!