Somnio Solutions, Inc.

3.7

Harold M. Valderas

Always a pleasure!

Current Employee - Graphic Designer in Austin, TX

I have been working at Somnio Solutions, Inc. as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

Somnio's people are what make that place. Their team brings a ton of knowledge to the table when it comes to the projects and interacting with clients. You get to work with top brands and push them to the next level.

Cons

Super tight deadlines from the client. With tight deadlines, it's sometimes tough to put the best piece in front of the client.

Innovative Company / Fun Atmosphere

Current Employee - Illustrator/Animator in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Illustrator/Animator in Austin, TX

I have been working at Somnio Solutions, Inc. as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

I have been doing freelance creative work with Somnio for some time now and was employed with this company for
    several years in the past; from 2004 to 2008. I have felt very welcome by the CEO, whom I consider a good friend,
    and am glad to work with him again. From what I can tell, Somnio seems innovative and versatile. They seem to
    notice when something needs to change and are willing to learn from each project what could have been better. They
    are open to new ideas and are not afraid to test the creative markets ever changing waters. Oh, and the office
    space is really nice.

Cons

With every company there are things that can improve. I can only respond as a contractor having completed one project with Somnio. The project managers at Somnio seemed to be busy managing multiple projects at once, which is good. I received little collaboration on this project but, considering my many years of experience, was able to take a lead role in this project, and luckily was able to deliver a service that seemed helpful and valuable to IBM, the client.

I don't have much advice to give, but if I had to name something based on my own experience I would say that, as a contractor, I didn't always feel that I was included as much as I think I should have been. I hope to work with Somnio again soon and feel that I have a lot to bring to this growing industry and this innovative company.

creativity, collaboration, coordinated

Current Employee - Graphic Designer in Austin, TX

Pros

The people within the walls of Somnio are absolutely incredible people to work with and for. They're an extremely tight knit group of individuals who are all striving for something bigger than themselves. Every member of the Somnio team wants to help everyone around them achieve their individual goals, as there is a collective understanding that those goals are what will enable them all to achieve the overall group goal. The Group Creative Director, and Executive Creative Director work seamlessly with each other to orchestra projects with the skill sets of their team, funneling those initiatives to their Art Directors who continually work to inspire and lead their teams to exceed the expectations of the clients.

Cons

I truly have nothing negative to add about this organization. The coffee's great, the pay is great, the people are great, I don't even mind the commute to the office which is a 30 minute drive

Continue to inspire, listen and encourage, thank you so much!!!

Having a great time at Somnio!

I have been working at Somnio Solutions, Inc. full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The people are hard working, supportive and fun. There seems to be a strong bond amongst the team, even when it's crunch. time. This comes in handy when the demands are high.
    The leadership is open to new ideas and supports the team as much as possible.

Cons

Big clients can be demanding and often request deadlines that are difficult to hit.

Continue to listen to your people, even when you can't solve the problem or if you don't have the answer. You have a great asset in the team and the culture. Continue to support it.

Love this place!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at Somnio Solutions, Inc. full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Like many of my co-workers, I have worked with several agencies. My experiences have ranged from just ok to terrible work environments. Finally at Somnio, I believe I have found a place where I can be creative and feel like I am part of a real team. Creative management is open and encouraging of the team to think outside the box. The companies management is optimistic and seems to genuinely care about the team. I love our open offices and collaboration spaces. In a nutshell, I am so happy to have found Somnio!

Cons

Very little. There of course are the deadlines and the hectic pace to deliver projects on time but that is just part of being in the agency world. The office is a little out there but that is mitigated by the great work environment.

Keep doing what you are doing.

The sky is the limit for Somnio

I have been working at Somnio Solutions, Inc. full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Everyone who works here is committed to the growth of Somnio. Super friendly team. They have some young talented individuals that are going to be super stars. Great executives that are focused on expansion.

Cons

No major complaints. This place rocks and it has been a pleasure starting my career here.

Keep evolving the company culture. Keep expanding the portfolio by exploring different industries.

Good group of hard working people

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at Somnio Solutions, Inc. full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Nice culture. Everyone works hard and is accountable to one another. The compensation is "good" and probably appropriate for an agency of it's size. There are enough social gatherings to keep everyone sane and relaxed.

Cons

Large clients have a way of pushing small agencies around which can make deadlines...fun.

Provide a career path whenever possible since you've got a strong, committed team.

A great mix of creative, passionate and intelligent people

I have been working at Somnio Solutions, Inc. full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Somnio is a very open and collaborative workplace with passionate, intelligent, and creative individuals. Every person at Somnio genuinely cares about their job, the people they work with, and does their best work.

Cons

The location may be a drive for some from downtown Austin, but the drive is opposite of traffic and has beautiful scenery. The digital marketing industry is always changing and change is no different at Somnio. Individuals at Somnio have to be comfortable with change and trust the leadership to make sound decisions for the health of the company.

Continue to be transparent with your employees as to why major decisions are made; whether it be financial or business reasoning, building a shared understanding will help the team support these decisions.

The future is bright for Somnio

I have been working at Somnio Solutions, Inc. full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

A lot of bright, hard working people with an impressive client list. The team has a great understanding of the digital and social world and continues to evolve to respond to client needs. Most everyone has a can do attitude and appreciates the opportunity that is preset.
    It's a great privilege to work with some of the largest companies in the world on a daily basis and our clients truly appreciate what Somnio brings to the table.
    Management is very flexible with regards to hours and time off. They certainly support a positive work life balance.

Cons

Supporting large brands can present challenges. When they say "jump" we have to say "how high."

Like many other agencies, our management has had to respond to challenges within our client base and the economy as a whole. My recommendation is to continue to listen to the team while doing what they know is best for the structure and future of the company. Continue to share the rationale for decisions and continue to make the team as much a part of these decisions as possible.

Get out of your own way if you want to succeed

I worked at Somnio Solutions, Inc. full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The people have always been the best part of the company. Somnio tends to hire young, fun, intelligent and creative people that contribute to the promising culture.

Cons

The management team presents a facade that they're open to fresh ideas, but the truth is the only opinions they care about are their own. A few people have even been "let go" for disagreeing with the higher ups. Most companies praise a healthy, debated conversation or a fresh take on an old method. Not at Somnio, though, because it truly is their way or the highway.
    The incompetent sales team is given the praise, reward and recognition that should be given to the real people who make the agency successful -- the account service and creative teams.
    The majority of the staff is overworked and underpaid. Working 50-60 hours is the norm for many, but the sales and management team always seem to clock out right at 5 p.m., if not sooner.
    The management team would rather buy unnecessary, fancy gadgets instead of giving their overworked and underpaid employees raises or bonuses.
    Many of the clients are extremely difficult to work with and borderline abusive. Instead of terminating the relationship at the request of the teams who are working with these clients on a daily basis, the management and sales teams would rather further extend the relationships instead.
    Inexperienced, ineffective and inefficient employees are kept around, promoted or put in positions they are vastly unqualified for while more talented individuals are kept in stagnant positions or even let go.
    Layoffs and terminations are handled very poorly. You can never get a straight, secure answer and are left to feel uneasy.

Listen to your employees and follow through on your promises. Somnio was on the verge of becoming a prominent player in this industry, and that was squandered through the mistreatment, disrespect and disregard of your employees.

Somnio Solutions, Inc. Photos