Somnio Solutions, Inc. Reviews

Updated April 2, 2015
29 reviews filtered by
4.4
Harold M. Valderas

1. Incredible work environment with fun and friendly staff!

Current Employee - Graphic Designer in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Graphic Designer in Austin, TX

I have been working at Somnio Solutions, Inc.

Pros

I've worked with Somnio for over 5 years now and have enjoyed every minute of it. From the leadership team, sales and creative, all of the people here care and have taught me a lot.

Cons

I honestly don't have any.

2. Great environment for writers!

Current Freelancer - Content Strategist in Austin, TX
    Current Freelancer - Content Strategist in Austin, TX

I have been working at Somnio Solutions, Inc. (less than a year)

Pros

Been writing for them for awhile now--it's a very positive, encouraging, and straightforward environment. So far I feel appreciated, and I get the information I need when I need it to do the work. I appreciate having the flexibility to spend time with my family and pursue other interests while doing productive work. Learning something new every day, which is always enjoyable.

Cons

Just the same issues you have with freelance or contract work--not the best option if you live paycheck to paycheck, but you probably already know if you can handle the unpredictability.

Advice to Management

Can't think of anything right now. The environment is good, the location is good--just keep doing what you're doing!

3. Great company, Set up for an amazing Future

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at Somnio Solutions, Inc. full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Stellar office space, incredible client list, great people, quality work life balance - especially compared to most digital agencies, plenty of growth opportunities.

I’ve been at Somnio for many years and watched Somnio reinvent itself and continue to grow and change as the market requires, even being the catalyst for some of those changes myself. This is a really difficult thing for any company to do, but Somnio has remained committed to success of the company, it’s employees, and more importantly it’s customers. In my time here at Somnio, I’ve personally grown both as an individual and professionally, all with support and guidance from the leadership team. One of the greatest things about Somnio, is complete access to the executive team – any person could have lunch with the CEO, he would genuinely be excited at the chance to spend time with any person within the company. This speaks volumes about the culture, the ideals and belief in employee satisfaction and is a rarity in many companies this size.

Cons

I really cant think of any cons - even after being here for as long as I have been, I still love working here.

Advice to Management

Running a privately funded company that has to evolve rapidly, change its processes constantly and reinvent itself consistently to keep up with the changing digital world is an incredible challenge and I believe the leadership team has handled it with success. There is still so much potential, change and growth to come as we continue to lead the B2B Digital Marketing space, having that kind of upside with some of the biggest companies in the world is an incredible opportunity for any company or employee.

I’d encourage the leadership team to continue to place an enormous amount of focus on client success and breed that thinking across the entire organization. Continue to ensure the teams feel empowered to make decisions necessary, real-time, to guarantee client success.

Best Company I've Had the Pleasure of Working For

Current Employee - Digital Marketing Coordinator in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Digital Marketing Coordinator in Austin, TX

I have been working at Somnio Solutions, Inc. full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Awesome place to work for the following reasons:

- Everyone is so open and friendly. One of the first things I noticed when I started working here is everyone makes an effort to make you feel welcome and a part of the team.
    - Generally a relax, laid-back environment where you work at your own pace (unlike many other advertising/marketing agencies). Being able to manage your time wisely is a MUST as you won't constantly be checked on by anyone and deadlines can creep up on you.
    - Somnio realizes the importance of keeping employees happy. We have a ping-pong table, shuffleboard, and a huge kitchen with food/snacks provided by the company. Not to mention the occasional contest with Gift Cards as prizes.
    - Somnio has had steady year-over-year growth and the types of clients we work with are generally Fortune 100/500 companies. It's great to be able to say you worked on projects for some of the biggest companies in the world.
    - There is no division between upper management and employees. All of the executives have open-door policies and welcome feedback from employees.
    - Somnio encourages personal growth and goals. Employees have weekly one-on-one sessions with their bosses where you are encouraged to set goals for things you want to accomplish in life.
    - Merit-based promotions and raises. When you feel like you've been doing an excellent job (read: going above and beyond) in your role, you are encouraged to go to your boss and tell them exactly why you deserve a raise/promotion.
    - Full-time employees get a complete benefits package, with excellent health/vision/dental insurance.
    - The actual office is incredibly modern, with heavy emphasis on using technology to make our workflows as streamlined as possible.

Cons

None that I can think of at this time.

Advice to Management

I loved the all-day offsite that we had in January. I encourage more of these types of events to build team camaraderie and collaboration.

6. Excellent place to expand my skills and advance my career.

I have been working at Somnio Solutions, Inc.

Pros

Collaborative workplace boasting an intelligent, proactive staff working on interesting projects and a beautiful setting. Excellent executive team and generous compensation.

Cons

Quick ramp-up results in a trial-by-fire on-boarding experience, but that has actually presented an opportunity for me to challenge myself and get a little outside my comfort zone.

7. Good people, lackluster organization

Current Contractor - Content Strategist in Austin, TX
    Current Contractor - Content Strategist in Austin, TX

I have been working at Somnio Solutions, Inc. as a contractor (more than a year)

Pros

- Willing to take a chance on new talent.
    - Friendly people.
    - Good pay for size and experience.

Cons

- Limited variety of projects
    - No pushback on unrealistic client expectations
    - Disregard for creative concerns
    - Little room for promotion or hiring from contractor pool
    - Little creative direction
    - Can be a little clique-ish

Advice to Management

Increase size of creative staff so you can produce high-quality work within the timelines promised to clients -- reducing burnout.

8. Paid Intern: Great work experience, great culture!

Current Employee - Digital Marketing Intern in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Digital Marketing Intern in Austin, TX

I have been working at Somnio Solutions, Inc.

Pros

Everyone in the office is extremely welcoming and constantly checking in to see how you're doing, especially if you're new to working there. I get the chance to work on client projects as well as internal projects so that I get to learn the ropes of exactly what the full time employees do. I get paid $12/hr which is nice since they give me actual work that clients will get to see. We have weekly all hands meetings where everyone meets in the kitchen and we talk about our successes and the future for the company as a whole; we also single out personal achievements so every good thing gets noticed. We also have a ping pong table and dart boards

Cons

Sometimes the work can be a bit challenging and since the clients are mainly tech companies, it can be difficult to start understanding the transition into that industry. They can be strict on what time you get there and leave, but since I get paid hourly, it's important to be precise with the amount of time I work.

Advice to Management

I advise doing a couple performance evaluations throughout the internship so that you can consistently be getting feedback on your progress.

9. Love working here!

Current Employee - Quality Assurance Analyst in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Quality Assurance Analyst in Austin, TX

I have been working at Somnio Solutions, Inc. full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Open work environment, fully stocked kitchen, ping pong table, shuffleboard, and company events. Totally enjoy working with Digital Rockstars. Employees have autonomy, room to grow, and are heard. Teams work closely together on tons of projects. Never a dull moment, there are always new projects in the pipeline.

Cons

Can't think of any cons.

Advice to Management

Continue cultivating great employees and keep up the excitement.

10. Innovative Company / Fun Atmosphere

Current Contractor - Illustrator/Animator in Austin, TX
    Current Contractor - Illustrator/Animator in Austin, TX

I have been working at Somnio Solutions, Inc. as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

I have been doing freelance creative work with Somnio for some time now and was employed with this company for
    several years in the past; from 2004 to 2008. I have felt very welcome by the CEO, whom I consider a good friend,
    and am glad to work with him again. From what I can tell, Somnio seems innovative and versatile. They seem to
    notice when something needs to change and are willing to learn from each project what could have been better. They
    are open to new ideas and are not afraid to test the creative markets ever changing waters. Oh, and the office
    space is really nice.

Cons

With every company there are things that can improve. I can only respond as a contractor having completed one project with Somnio. The project managers at Somnio seemed to be busy managing multiple projects at once, which is good. I received little collaboration on this project but, considering my many years of experience, was able to take a lead role in this project, and luckily was able to deliver a service that seemed helpful and valuable to IBM, the client.

Advice to Management

I don't have much advice to give, but if I had to name something based on my own experience I would say that, as a contractor, I didn't always feel that I was included as much as I think I should have been. I hope to work with Somnio again soon and feel that I have a lot to bring to this growing industry and this innovative company.

Always a pleasure!

Current Contractor - Graphic Designer in Austin, TX
    Current Contractor - Graphic Designer in Austin, TX

Pros

Somnio's people are what make that place. Their team brings a ton of knowledge to the table when it comes to the projects and interacting with clients. You get to work with top brands and push them to the next level.

Cons

Super tight deadlines from the client. With tight deadlines, it's sometimes tough to put the best piece in front of the client.

Somnio Solutions, Inc. Photos