Sona Medspa

Byron Ashbridge

Stability

Current Employee - Provider in Brentwood, TN
    Current Employee - Provider in Brentwood, TN

I have been working at Sona Medspa part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Been in business for 16 years
    Nurse Practitioners and RN's do the treatments

Cons

Every other Saturday is required

Lots of turnover! Lots of back-stabbing! If you are a hard worker.....run! They only like to keep troublemakers!!

I have been working at Sona Medspa full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Free/Discounted treatments, product discounts, and nice clients.

Cons

Out-dated equipment/technology. Upper management seems to hold on to the people who are causing problems and they get rid of/run off the employees that work hard and keep the place going. They put a manager in charge that nobody likes and they get rid of one that everybody likes....even the clients.

You need to re-hire your employees that truly care about their jobs and their clients. Clients want people that care about them. You also need to hire people who care about how they look. You don't need frumpy people working for you or people who smell like a big fat cigarette!!!

Great place to work

Current Employee - Management in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Management in Houston, TX

I have been working at Sona Medspa full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Hours are great compared to retail, we are off on all major holidays, bonuses are uncapped. Centers are very close and feels like family.

Cons

The industry changes a lot, so it can be confusing to keep up with regulations/medical board laws.

Great company who really cares about the clients and the employees alike!

I have been working at Sona Medspa (more than an year)

Pros

It is great being with a company that cares and recognizes hard and dedicated work! The work is challenging, but otherwise we would call it "Recess". It is very rewarding to be a part of an organization the helps other feel better about themselves, and look younger!

Cons

The hours can be long, but in order to provide the services to our clients, we must be available when they can be available. That is just a part of customer service. But --- no Sundays!! That is great!

Continue to focus on your employees.

The worse workplace in 30+ years!

Former Employee - Front Office Coordinator in Brentwood, TN
    Former Employee - Front Office Coordinator in Brentwood, TN

I worked at Sona Medspa full-time (less than an year)

Pros

NONE! ZERO. NOT ONE THING.

Cons

The Management! All of it, especially the current, local Brentwood location! The list is too long. Everyone I met was miserable, unhappy, hateful and hated their jobs. If you are looking for a job and have any self respect, keep looking. They rip off clients and employees.

That would be a waste of my time and talent.

Great place for work for !!!!work life balance!!!!!

Current Employee - Center Manager in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Center Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at Sona Medspa full-time (more than an year)

Pros

As you know workers want to know their organisation cares about them: that they are getting something back for what they are putting in. This is primarily communicated through things like how bosses treat us, the kinds of fringe benefits we get and other subtle messages. If people perceive more organisational support, they experience higher job satisfaction, which i get that satisfaction from this company.

Remember: it’s not just whether the organisation is actually being supportive, it’s whether it appears that way. The point being that appearances are really important here. If people don’t perceive it, then for them it might as well not exist. That’s why great managers need a politician’s touch, which this company certainly has that touch !!!!thank you !!!!

Cons

More times to enjoy the services !!!

Keep up the great work!!! Thank you for all you do!!!!

Professional Work Environment

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at Sona Medspa full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I have worked for Sona over 5 years. They are always evolving which is needed for any successful business. They truly care about their employees needs and development. They take the medical side very serious and employ either an NP or PA each corporate location across the country.

Cons

Hours; they are open on late nights and Saturdays. However you do work in customer service so the hours are expected based off the clients needs.

Unethical. Salacious owner made inappropriate advances

Former Employee - Master Aesthetician & Laser Tech
    Former Employee - Master Aesthetician & Laser Tech

I worked at Sona Medspa full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Loved the myriad of effective treatments.

Cons

Hired @ an agreed upon hourly rate + commission. When I rec'd my 1st paycheck, it was short by 2.00/hr. Our center manager called the owner and he refused to honor the hiring rate. Then all of our bonuses were combined w/ regular pay making it impossible to know they were not taking out taxes. Imagine our collective horror when we rec'd 1099's w/ our bonus on them. This organization operates in the grey area of legality. Dirty organization. No respect for employees or the clients.

Operate w/ transparency. Honor employees and clients and you will create an environment of integrity and Loyalty that practitoners are so eager to find thus creating a Loyal client base as well. Look up the meaning of ethics & the Golden Rule.

Sona Medspa Response

Feb 5, 2014Director of Recruitment and Training

Sona MedSpa is an organization comprised of both company-owned and franchise locations. By the nature of the comment, we assume this may be a franchise location but would like to learn more about ... More

Terrible place to work !

I have been working at Sona Medspa full-time

Pros

Free Treatments , and that's about it

Cons

High turnover , outdated equipment , poor results with lots of client complaints. High pressure sales environment with unrealistic goals. You will never make the bonus money they lead you to believe in the interview. The company is not doing well and sales are at an all time low ! Don't work here unless you enjoy being stressed out 100% of the time.

Stop running the company like a family mob. Nepotism is rampant at Sona and family members are given positions they are not qualified for and it's hurting the companies bottom line and ruining employee morale.

Sona Medspa Response

Feb 5, 2014Director of Recruitment and Training

Although not every Sona MedSpa Center achieves the very top results, our business model has led us to continued success across the company. After 16 years in business, and consistent growth year ... More

long

I worked at Sona Medspa full-time

Pros

free treatments some opportunitys there

Cons

long hours and angry customers