Sonic Electronix

Be The First To
Add Photos

Nathaniel J. Victor

Great Team Environment

ProsThis is a very forward moving coming that takes pride in their products and customer shopping experience. Additionally, working with such talented, innovative people has been a wonderful learning experience.

ConsSometimes there are so many ideas that we lose focus of the bigger picture.

Advice to Senior ManagementCreate more cross department communication

If you take the job seriously, its a great job.

Valencia, CA

ProsThe company is young and definitely still has a young feel. The CEO is not even 30 yet and so are most of the employees. The culture is on an upswing. The CEO is so hands on it is crazy... but it is nice to see him so involved in all aspects of the company. The schedules are pretty flexible (depending on the manager & department). I'm able to balance work and life pretty well.

The benefit package is pretty good (several paid holidays, 401K, Medical, Dental, Vision, etc).

If you work hard and apply yourself, you can grow in the company pretty quick and make a difference. Even though i'm not an executive, the company is still small enough that I can work directly with the CEO, make suggestions, and put my suggestions into action.

ConsCommunication between departments could improve. Sometimes the small teams have to roll up their sleeves, and work extra hard to get the job done on time. The pay isn't comparable to a F-500 company. Wish i made more (but understand I make good for this company).

Advice to Senior ManagementHave more social activities with he employees. I want to meet and interact with more people in different departments.

Great Company with Great People

ProsThe company culture is fun, so you never get bored here. People are really nice to work with, and everyone is passionate about what they do. Creative ideas come up everywhere. The company future is really exciting!

ConsIf require other departments, things get slower. Hope the communication and implementation could improve all around the company.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

You get what you put in

Valencia, CA

ProsThis company allows you to be as upwardly ambitious as you want, I've seen young guys here climb the ladder and become department leaders in sales and marketing. It's encouraging to keep pushing. The vibe is professional but also a nice balance, a super relaxed dress code and even the owner can crack a joke from time time. The hours are not bad and you get an opportunity to work closely with the CEO and upper management. At the same time, I don't feel like I'm being micromanaged with anyone over my shoulder though.

ConsI wish we had more company meet ups outside of work like socials etc

Sometimes I feel like a fish out of water bc im so focused but some people around you like to feel sorry for themselves and complain but if you ignore it you're good

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to groom capable employees, reward loyalty and breed loyalty where deserving. It boosts morale to see "good" reliable guys get elevated because it gives the rest of us hope!

I work here and am treated great.

Valencia, CA

ProsFriendly people and an approachable group of leaders which is way different than a year or so ago. A lot of bad apples and sour personalities have been replaced with hard working, team players and that feels great.

There is a renewed sense of energy and passion in the building and it feels great.

This place still feels entrepreneurial and smart, contributing ideas and minds certainly are rewarded.

Bonuses are paid when performance is there and I've been given raises that are in line when stated expectations are met.

ConsToo many entitled people and gossip, especially at the hourly level. I've been here for more than 4 years and have watched hard working honest people get rewarded, but I have also unfortunately seen gossip go throughout. The good news is most of it is gone, but some stragglers who should leave take advantage and stay.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of the people that think a job is where you should be on your cell phone or a social network all day. Put in better expectations throughout company so people know what they get. I know what I am supposed to do, but some others just complain and moan too much so job titles and pay should be more widely known.

I have been with Sonic Electronix for 2 years now

Valencia, CA

ProsNot many, Good place to work at if you are short on some change and don't need to make ends meet.

Cons-Horrible work Schedule
    -Bad Management
    -Worse execution on plans
    -Paid holidays but you have to make it up on your day off while not getting paid overtime
    - Mandatory OT that is unwanted is enforced
    -Management rolls out rules without thinking about consequences
    -Pay is HORRIBLE.
    -No advancement opportunities
    -2 Mass Lay offs in 1 year
    -No appreciation for all employees equally
    -Everything about this companies practices are wrong

Advice to Senior ManagementCare about your employees well being. When you have an employee that is unhappy with the work environment, your company will never prosper. The CEO has mentioned that he doesn't care if his employees leave as he will only replace them and pay the new employee much cheaper.

Low wages compared to similar jobs.

ProsPlace is in a nice area. Good schedule.

ConsLow wages for everyone in the company compared to similar positions.
    Everyone that worked they're way up go let go last year. This year they are moving many positions to KY to have better profit even though this past holidays was record breaking in terms of sales.

A dead end job for sure.

Saugus, CA

ProsGood discounts if you are into car audio
    You meet a lot of very interesting people.
    They like to make company sports teams if you're into playing sports.

ConsA classic case of overworked, underpaid.
    Management makes too many snap decisions.
    Hard work and showing initiative get you nothing but a thank you, making it a waste of time to try.
    Warehouse staff are looked down on by the office staff.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhen you make promises to employees, keep them. Nothing turns off an employee like being lied to by management.
    Paying someone just above minimum wage to work harder than management isn't a winning move..

Very bad management skills from them

ProsCommission structure is pretty good.

ConsManagement knows less than regular employees, condescending people and a 28 year old owner.

Advice to Senior ManagementTrain management more often so they are not so bad.

Worked for Sonic Electronix? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Sonic Electronix reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Sonic Electronix CEO Nathaniel J. Victor. All 9 reviews posted anonymously by Sonic Electronix employees.