Sonic Electronix

Nathaniel J. Victor

Great!

Former Employee - Inventory Control in Valencia, CA
    Former Employee - Inventory Control in Valencia, CA

I worked at Sonic Electronix full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Very friendly environment. Opportunity for Growth.

Cons

Climate if in warehouse and numbers.

Keep up the good work.

Ok if you want to learn. Poor pay and no career plan

I worked at Sonic Electronix

Pros

It is more like a start up. Friendly environment. good coworkers. A lot of opportunities to learn stuff

Cons

Poor management, politics, high turnover

Great opportunity for young people, but a difficult environment to flourish in.

I worked at Sonic Electronix

Pros

Most co-workers are friendly. Upper management tries to provide rewards to employees (occasional free lunches, relaxation room, etc).

Cons

Poor communication within and between departments, constant policy changes, leadership issues (blatant favortisim, micromanaging, dodging accountability, lack of sensitivity training.)

Consider addressing your employees concerns regarding department heads.

Outstanding.

Former Employee - Warehouse Manager in Valencia, CA
    Former Employee - Warehouse Manager in Valencia, CA

I worked at Sonic Electronix full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Family company, Every work together as a team.

Cons

Getting employing to understand there job

Great to work with, very help full.

Great Team Environment

I have been working at Sonic Electronix

Pros

This is a very forward moving coming that takes pride in their products and customer shopping experience. Additionally, working with such talented, innovative people has been a wonderful learning experience.

Cons

Sometimes there are so many ideas that we lose focus of the bigger picture.

Create more cross department communication

If you take the job seriously, its a great job.

Current Employee - Marketing in Valencia, CA

I have been working at Sonic Electronix full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The company is young and definitely still has a young feel. The CEO is not even 30 yet and so are most of the employees. The culture is on an upswing. The CEO is so hands on it is crazy... but it is nice to see him so involved in all aspects of the company. The schedules are pretty flexible (depending on the manager & department). I'm able to balance work and life pretty well.

The benefit package is pretty good (several paid holidays, 401K, Medical, Dental, Vision, etc).

If you work hard and apply yourself, you can grow in the company pretty quick and make a difference. Even though i'm not an executive, the company is still small enough that I can work directly with the CEO, make suggestions, and put my suggestions into action.

Cons

Communication between departments could improve. Sometimes the small teams have to roll up their sleeves, and work extra hard to get the job done on time. The pay isn't comparable to a F-500 company. Wish i made more (but understand I make good for this company).

Have more social activities with he employees. I want to meet and interact with more people in different departments.

Great Company with Great People

I have been working at Sonic Electronix full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The company culture is fun, so you never get bored here. People are really nice to work with, and everyone is passionate about what they do. Creative ideas come up everywhere. The company future is really exciting!

Cons

If require other departments, things get slower. Hope the communication and implementation could improve all around the company.

You get what you put in

Current Employee - Marketing in Valencia, CA

I have been working at Sonic Electronix full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

This company allows you to be as upwardly ambitious as you want, I've seen young guys here climb the ladder and become department leaders in sales and marketing. It's encouraging to keep pushing. The vibe is professional but also a nice balance, a super relaxed dress code and even the owner can crack a joke from time time. The hours are not bad and you get an opportunity to work closely with the CEO and upper management. At the same time, I don't feel like I'm being micromanaged with anyone over my shoulder though.

Cons

I wish we had more company meet ups outside of work like socials etc

Sometimes I feel like a fish out of water bc im so focused but some people around you like to feel sorry for themselves and complain but if you ignore it you're good

Continue to groom capable employees, reward loyalty and breed loyalty where deserving. It boosts morale to see "good" reliable guys get elevated because it gives the rest of us hope!

I work here and am treated great.

Current Employee - Marketing in Valencia, CA

I have been working at Sonic Electronix full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Friendly people and an approachable group of leaders which is way different than a year or so ago. A lot of bad apples and sour personalities have been replaced with hard working, team players and that feels great.

There is a renewed sense of energy and passion in the building and it feels great.

This place still feels entrepreneurial and smart, contributing ideas and minds certainly are rewarded.

Bonuses are paid when performance is there and I've been given raises that are in line when stated expectations are met.

Cons

Too many entitled people and gossip, especially at the hourly level. I've been here for more than 4 years and have watched hard working honest people get rewarded, but I have also unfortunately seen gossip go throughout. The good news is most of it is gone, but some stragglers who should leave take advantage and stay.

Get rid of the people that think a job is where you should be on your cell phone or a social network all day. Put in better expectations throughout company so people know what they get. I know what I am supposed to do, but some others just complain and moan too much so job titles and pay should be more widely known.

I have been with Sonic Electronix for 2 years now

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Valencia, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Valencia, CA

I have been working at Sonic Electronix full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Not many, Good place to work at if you are short on some change and don't need to make ends meet.

Cons

-Horrible work Schedule
    -Bad Management
    -Worse execution on plans
    -Paid holidays but you have to make it up on your day off while not getting paid overtime
    - Mandatory OT that is unwanted is enforced
    -Management rolls out rules without thinking about consequences
    -Pay is HORRIBLE.
    -No advancement opportunities
    -2 Mass Lay offs in 1 year
    -No appreciation for all employees equally
    -Everything about this companies practices are wrong

Care about your employees well being. When you have an employee that is unhappy with the work environment, your company will never prosper. The CEO has mentioned that he doesn't care if his employees leave as he will only replace them and pay the new employee much cheaper.