Sonim Technologies Reviews

Bob Plaschke

1. Program Manager

Current Employee - CS Program Manager/Senior Business Analyst in Fremont, CA
    Current Employee - CS Program Manager/Senior Business Analyst in Fremont, CA

I have been working at Sonim Technologies (More than a year)

Pros

Great Culture, people, family atmosphere,

Cons

Commute, NA NA NA NA NA

2. Uhh are they faking reviews??

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

I worked at Sonim Technologies (Less than a year)

Pros

The non-upper management employees are great people. I'm talking about your run of the mill employee, not C- or VP- level. - free lunch Fridays (when they can afford it) - chill vibe (very relaxed)

Cons

That's it for pros.... Cons: - they don't have money. They defer salaries all the time. It was there when I was there and I've heard very recently this is still the case. - CEO needs someone to reign him in. He wants to invest money they don't have in projects that don't result in sales. Essentially throwing money out the window. - there's suspicion that there's something shady going on behind the scenes... I can't imagine how these folks are able to continue getting more and more funding from investors for a dying company with an unmarketable product. Do not come here. This is a fair warning. Every person who works here knows it's a joke and wants to leave. DO NOT COME HERE.

Advice to Management

Scrap the CEO. Why hasn't the board done this already?!

3. Great product, great team, bright future

Current Employee - Middle Management in San Mateo, CA
    Current Employee - Middle Management in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at Sonim Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

An open work environment and team-spirit permeate the day-to-day work experience. From the CEO on down there is a "family" feeling and a sense of inclusion. Every work function has a clear understanding of who our customers are and that we're all in it together to make great products for these very special people. It is easy to be proud of what we do. We're growing and releasing exciting new products in markets around the world. Its an exciting time.

Cons

We're a smaller company competing with giants in the cellphone and mobile radio marketplace. Our competitors have more resources and we have to do more with less. We can't always do the things that we want to do to grow the company. Prioritization and compromise are often necessary. As a start-up, we work hard. Work / life balance will suffer from time to time, its the cost of being in a high-growth company

Advice to Management

Keep focus on preserving the unique culture as we grow. It would be a pity to lose what makes us special.

5. Committed to building unique products for everyday workers

Pros

The employees care a lot about office culture and feel like a family. Scrappy atmosphere, everyone works hard and is committed to the work they do. Friday lunches are great.

Cons

Since everyone in the office is so close, there could be potential for some people to be a poor culture fit with the company. Important to get an understanding of the culture before committing.

6. Good place to work

Former Employee - Senior QA in Bangalore (India)
    Former Employee - Senior QA in Bangalore (India)

I worked at Sonim Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

1. Good for freshers. 2. Helpful Managers and HR's 3. Good employee satisfaction.

Cons

1. Sometimes not professional and too friendly.

Advice to Management

Keep doing the good work.

7. Good

Pros

Good company to work for. Good work life balance. Good people

Cons

Not many projects to work on

8. Good

Pros

Good work life balance and good working with colleagues. Can learn more if you have desire to upgrade your self

Cons

Environment and management ok.. need some road map

Advice to Management

...

9. Great Place to work

Pros

Great people to learn and grow as a professional. Great work ethics...

Cons

No cons yet. Now the strategy has changed so cannot comment

10. If you come here your future is in danger. Under qualified people

Current Employee - QA Engineer in Bangalore (India)
    Current Employee - QA Engineer in Bangalore (India)

Pros

Good snacks, TT tables, salary some what good

Cons

No learning, junk test plans, it's already in lost because of this test plan poor technicality, work from only for leads, leads are egoistic, not even graduate from an average university. Good for fresher, good salary

Advice to Management

Sincere advice to Sonim management and QA managers--as a technical lead try to study some thing about testing online rather watching employees login time and smoking time, if you people know something about android, you would not bend over those vendors(Simt, bores) as product based firm, replace the old android froyo test plan with new one to complete with market. Finally, learn to behave as gentleman not labour you are not owner of the company. Rules are only for junior level employees. Specially in Bangalore. I believe others places are enough

11. Totally waste that's all.

I have been working at Sonim Technologies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

No PRO'S to tell since cons have a big list

Cons

Join this company only if you satisfy two conditions. 1) IF you are laid-off from your previous company or you don't have an job join it. 2) If you think that you are able take the pressure of being fired on the same day without even giving the notice period or pre-intimation. join it if you don't satisfy the above clause please try to avoid this company. you don't get space to upgrade here only you'll get degraded in all manners.The company will use you in all manners and then throw you away when you don't need them this there culture/ if any one is planning to join Sonim think umpteen times before doing so.

Advice to Management

Management is busy with firing the peers from there job. so not going to disturb them by giving my reviews

RSS Feed </> Embed