Sonitrol Pacific

www.sonitrolpacific.com

Sonitrol Pacific Reviews

Updated May 31, 2014

Beau Bradley

Join the team if you get the chance.

Alarm Monitoring Operator (Former Employee) Everett, WA

ProsThis company is fantastic. Even as an operator there are opportunities for bonuses every month and there are some incidents that can make a good story. The entire staff is friendly and family-like, including all the management. All of the separate offices come together to satisfy customers needs. Best company I have ever worked for, and upset I can't continue to stay with this company.

ConsWhile you can get excitement from time to time, there are a few hours of work that seem to drag along. Getting time off can also be a hassle as well.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you are doing, you guys are great and know how to ALWAYS do the right thing.

Great place to work

Dispatcher (Former Employee) San Jose, CA

ProsCompetitive salary, excellent benefits and great work environment. The people there are friendly and the company pays for lunch on non-paid Fridays.
    I had a great time working here. The managers were easy to talk to.

ConsNone to speak of. The job just wasn't for me. Long hours sitting and starring at a monitor.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work.

Challenging

Sales Consultant (Current Employee) Everett, WA

ProsGreat training
    Supplied with absolutely every sales tool you will need
    Organized
    Great people and managers

ConsLots of "no" before you hear a "yes", can be discouraging.
    Employee turnover
    Sometimes there are unreachable expectations

Advice to Senior ManagementLess pressure on sales people and managers will result in less turnover and more loyalty.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Outstanding Opportunity - If you want to work!

Sales Consultant (Current Employee) Portland, OR

ProsVery good base pay, management and other employees treat you very well, training process is five weeks and very extensive. If you can figure out ways to sell without door knocking, you can make a very good living.

ConsThere is some doorknocking, telemarking and cold-calling involved in this position, but you learn how to find leads other ways.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you are doing, this is an outstanding workplace environment.

Tough Job

Security Consultant (Current Employee) Everett, WA

ProsI liked the people I worked with and the compensation is actually pretty decent. They provide you with a laptop and cell phone which is nice.

ConsIt is tough to sell Sonitrol Security systems. The people who want it will buy, but those people are few and far between. If you like cold calling, this job is for you. Training is poor at best which is evidenced by the extremely high turnover. I saw some great salespeople get fired during my tenure.

Advice to Senior ManagementTraining and marketing. Training to keep and grow talent. Marketing to get the phones ringing.

Security Consultant at Sonitrol Pacific

Security Consultant (Former Employee) Bellevue, WA

ProsSonitrol Pacific offered great starting pay and in addition to this they provided all sales people with a generous car allowance, laptop and cell phone. There are some very nice and hard working people who work there.

ConsIt is a high pressure sales job, there is very little in the way of helpful training and the turnover rate is extremely high. You have to deal with a ton micromanagement.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe current formula isn't generating consistent sales revenue. Time to think outside of the box.

Steer clear

Sales (Former Employee)

ProsMost of the line level employees are great people trying to work within a poorly managed (at best) system. Customer service, installers, and monitoring staff are great people to work with.

ConsMicromanagement to the nth degree. GPS tracking, activity reporting to the minute, and a high "manage and motivate through fear" environment. Complete lack of ongoing product training. Most senior management has been in place 30+ years and have not had the experience in other environments to be effective managers here. Over 50 sales reps have come and gone over a four year period.

Advice to Senior ManagementMove out of the 1970s. The world has changed, marketing has changed, management has changed. Just because it worked in 1978 doesn't mean it will today.

Sonitrol is okay

ProsAt a job like this, you do get to meet nice people. Everyone helps each other and the pay isn't that bad either for a high school graduate.

ConsYou quickly become bored with the work. Sometimes it can be too overwhelming and it can seem like you're underpaid for the work you do.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease listen to your employees. The pay must also equate with the workload because sometimes that just isn't the case.

Worked for Sonitrol Pacific? Contribute to the Community!