Sonora Quest Laboratories Glendale Reviews

• Any Status
Sonora Quest Laboratories President & CEO David A. Dexter
David A. Dexter
1 Rating

• Great benefits, easy going management (in 10 reviews)

• There are some really great people who work there, and are fun to work with (in 3 reviews)

• Being a 24/7 Lab makes it challenging to manage a work life balance, but it's attainable (in 2 reviews)

• The senior leadership shouldn't try to be sneaky and make an almost laughable goal sharing payout for the year (in 2 reviews)

1. Great Company to Work For, Not-So-Great Work Hours

Current Employee - MLS I in Glendale, AZ
    Current Employee - MLS I in Glendale, AZ

I have been working at Sonora Quest Laboratories full-time (Less than a year)

Great benefits, Good working environment, Enjoyable work duties

Overnight work schedule is too difficult at this location- 5 eight-hour shifts with one day off every other week. This is hard to do working days, much less on night shift. It would be much better to have the option of 4 ten-hour days or 3 twelve-hour days. The morning and evening shifts both have ten-hour shifts available to most employees but it's not offered for the night shift. The overnight shift is a very difficult one to work at any rate, but this particular schedule is really a challenge. Other than the schedule, the only thing I have noticed is one coordinator who I feel lacks effective communication skills and positive leadership. The rest of the coordinators otherwise are very helpful, knowledgeable and professional.

Advice to Management

I believe working out a schedule that the employees have been asking for (4 ten-hour shifts) would help with employee retention and longetivity in this location. I feel that ALL coordinators should be held to the same standards of professionalism and leadership. If an individual in a leadership role is not up to professional standards (or upholding company values), then they should receive further training and then demonstrate positive leadership skills to maintain this position.

Showing 1 of 68 review