Sonora Quest Laboratories

Sonora Quest Laboratories Reviews

Updated Jul 25, 2014

Sonora Quest Laboratories President & CEO David A. Dexter

David A. Dexter

Great Employer, Great people, and Great Benefits!!!

Anatomic Pathology Technologist (Current Employee) Tempe, AZ

ProsGreat Benefits, great people, and good working conditions. They pay them most in the field that I work in, Anatomic Pathology, they are flexible with schedule.

ConsThere isn't really a way to climb or get into leadership in the company. You are kind of stuck where you and no way of climbing a career ladder you are just stuck where you are for the whole time you are there.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease help those that want leadership to get into those positions quicker.

Highly committed lab

Clinical Laboratory Technician (Current Employee) Phoenix, AZ

ProsGreat teams, nice perks, always busy making the shift go by quickly.

ConsMy specific lab has terrible shifts, but hard to accommodate with 24 hour a day labs. Generally understaffed.

Team lead too judgemental and micromanaging

ProsCompany benefits like medical, dental vision and 401k

ConsEmotionally unstable lead who doesn't know how to be professional

Advice to Senior ManagementVisit for a week at the patient service centers and go there unannounced. Don't let the site supervisors know. Ask random employees questions about how things are going. See the real patient service centers in action and go there unscheduled.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

It is ok

Manager (Current Employee) Phoenix, AZ

ProsNot overloaded with work.

ConsI question sometimes who they promote to leadership positions.

Trusted Leader in Arizona for Clinical Laboratory Diagnostic Testing

Billing Manager (Current Employee) Tempe, AZ

ProsStrong Value System and Mission. Highly Accountable Hierarchial Structure to ensure Compliance to all Regulatory, Federal & State Guidelines.
    Patients, Clients and Customers ALWAYS come 1st in all we do. The Ethical behaviors of SQL are Honorable, Truthful, Just, Decent and Fair and are followed complicitly by all as well as the Value System of SQL of Compassion, Collaboration, Accountability, Integrity and Quality; which guide our decision making processes day after day.

ConsBeing a 24/7 Lab makes it challenging to manage a work life balance, but it's attainable.

Advice to Senior ManagementBranch outside Arizona to other Western Connecting Locations.

Watch your back at SQL

Driver (Former Employee) Tempe, AZ

ProsThere are some really great people who work there, and are fun to work with.

ConsManagement has no clue, are quick to lay blame and fire. Problems are never solved, just repeated. Their pay is the worst. Advancement is only possible if you are a favorite. Skill and ability, intelligence mean nothing.

Advice to Senior ManagementRetire, go learn something about how to treat people. Stick up for someone.

I really liked working there!

Clinical Lab Scientist (Former Employee) Mesa, AZ

ProsGreat people, Good organization, great benefits.

ConsPay not as competative as market.

Everyone has a voice at SQL

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Tempe, AZ

ProsOpen dialogue, emphasis on people, unlimited training opportunities and a senior leadership team that cares

ConsThe office is located right off the 202 but traffic in this area is dreadful as a result of the proximity to ASU, making the commute quite difficult and frustrating.

Advice to Senior ManagementInstitute across the board tele-commuting opportunities (the way Banner Health does) for those who can take advantage of it. Flexibility makes for satisfied employees and I personally would be willing to forego a merit increase to take advantage of a benefit like that.

Wake Up Senior Leaders

(Former Employee)

ProsSenior Leadership has a good vision, good co-workers, decent benefits.

ConsWhen all supervisors, coordinators and nearly 30 employees leave their job in a years' time, Senior Leadership really should notice. Management has poor communication skills, harsh demeanor, untrustworthy and not in line with Senior Leadership's vision of 'walking the talk'.
    Also, schedule is bad due to pay periods- get 2 days off together only twice a month.

Advice to Senior ManagementVisit the site, talk to employees, invest in serious management skills training for the current management or hire managers and supervisors that meet the needs of the staff.
    Work the schedule that's given to employees so you can see why it's difficult on the body and personal life.
    Dex- I believe in you and your vision but you've got to make sure your managers are following and keeping the values alive because the bad seeds are destroying the culture you are trying to establish.

Excellent values, great staff, not a cold corporate environment.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Tempe, AZ

ProsThe people are great, from managers to front-line techs. I've worked for multi-billion dollar companies, and others that make just about $1 million per year, and none of them had the people-centric view that we take here at LSA/SQL. From training to career ladder, work-life balance, and just being someplace where you don't feel stepped on or abused, I have no regrets about relocating to join this team. I wouldn't go back to those other companies now that I've been here.

ConsIT security is a bit extreme for my tastes, but that's because I'm a geek and feel I can be trusted with more access than I'm given.

Advice to Senior ManagementLoosen up a pinch on IT security for users that are in roles that specialize in Information Systems, because they might need to install new programs without a 2-4 week wait on IT to get around to ordering software and installing it. It really slows down productivity. Also, move toward more mobile device support (Tablets, etc.). It would be a big win on ROI versus the limitations of having to tote laptops and other equipment around.

Worked for Sonora Quest Laboratories? Contribute to the Community!