Sonora Regional Medical Center

CEO

Good organization.

Former Employee - Scheduling/Administrative in Sonora, CA
    Former Employee - Scheduling/Administrative in Sonora, CA

I worked at Sonora Regional Medical Center full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Decent pay, good morale, good benefits.

Cons

Not good training, negative attitude of co-workers. Supervisor not available and completely ignored me. Left alone during training period.

More hands-on.

Easy to be singled out and targeted

I worked at Sonora Regional Medical Center

Pros

Good medical health insurance. Very little copay. Good 401k

Cons

Don't expect promotions based on merits. SRMC is a 7th Day Adventist organization They have an unwritten rule of promote people from within the group.

The hospital is in a rural area. Many neighbors, people who grew up together, same church goers work together. Essentially this is a small tight knit group where everyone knows each other. If you report mistakes of an employee who has deep personal or social connections with management, you will be singled out and harassed with eventual termination without cause. You can observe the same mistakes occurs repetitively by the same employee or department as a whole. As long as management's work is kept to the minimum or the person committing the mistake has strong ties with management, good luck on even trying to propose changes.

The staff nurses talk behind doctors' back in a bad way. Especially some of our excellent physicians whose English is not their 1st language. I observed many nurses make fun of the physicians' accent.

I approached Human Resources with my concerns only to find out the HR staff did a incomplete investigation, did not interview key witnesses I mentioned. Instead, the information I shared with HR was given to lower level management, direct supervisor and was used against me to further daily harrassment.

My comments are observation of departmental management. I had minimal interaction with upper management. I tried to bring the issue to higher management by requesting an appointment to speak with an appropriate hospital level administrator. I was terminated without cause within 1-week.

I don't want to say lower level management is a direct reflection of higher management. Sometimes upper management are not aware of the daily operations & issues but sometimes they are.

I think if higher level management can create a channel, option for employees to report, discuss issues and concerns, while remain anonymous,will be helpful. It is very easy to be singled out and become a target of harrassment.

Great Team

Current Employee - Therapist in Sonora, CA
    Current Employee - Therapist in Sonora, CA

I have been working at Sonora Regional Medical Center full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great coworkers, keep the day upbeat. Quality care provider. Willing to try new technology, on the leading edge, leads by example. Best place to work, best place to practice medicine makes it the best place to receive care.

Cons

Staying on the leading edge of technology can sometimes mean a rocky start with new systems. Somewhat rural so when staffing is short it can take awhile to fill a position.

Keep up the communication on what's happening throughout the year and with new projects. Doing a good job with transparency.

Just an okay place to work

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sonora, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sonora, CA

I worked at Sonora Regional Medical Center

Pros

Everyone is nice
    Pretty location
    Easy to get time off

Cons

Horrible cafeteria food
    Idiotic "sick leave" system
    Never get raises
    Too religious

Serve meat in the cafeteria, not everyone is a 7th Day Adventist
    Give annual Cost of Live Allownaces
    Revise the "sick leave" system so you can actually use your sick time instead of having to use vacation days when you're ill.