Sorenson Communications
www.sorenson.com Salt Lake City, UT

Sorenson Communications Reviews

Updated Jul 2, 2014
Sorenson Communications – Salt Lake City – “Sorenson Communications HQ”

Pat Nola

Excellent entry IT job

Trainer (Current Employee)

ProsI like going on the road and meeting new people and being able to be outside of the office

ConsMay come across some difficult situations

Advice to Senior Managementnone

Hard lesson to learn

Anonymous (Former Employee)

ProsAs an ASL interpreter you will be able to sharpen your skills

ConsToo many to list, however I will try to give you a general idea.
    They claim to care about their employees, but when it comes to doing anything that demonstrates that value it becomes clear it's only words. The management is told to report any complaints you have and vigorous documentation is maintained on the call center employees. This leads to an environment of distrust from all parties involved.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more transparent, and ACTUALLY value your employees

Great company to work for

Salt Lake City, UT

ProsExcellent management team and willing to listen to people under them

ConsSome hearing folks do not understand or are willing to listen to Deaf employees

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Communications Assistant

Communications Assistant (Current Employee)
    Boise, ID

ProsWilling to work with my school schedule and allows me to do homework between calls. Very easy job.

ConsBoring and mind numbing. It feels nearly impossible to advance and they do not offer raises. They seem to move people up based on popularity. It's a very anti-social environment. You could work your butt off here and it wouldn't matter. You're expendable to these people. Don't let them fool you.

Advice to Senior ManagementOffer raise incentives for hard work. Video privileges and gold stars do not pay my rent.

Great to their employees

Office Assistant (Former Employee)
    Saint Paul, MN

ProsThey provide everything needed to be successful at your job, plus great benefits, perks and you are helping people communicate

ConsNot really anything negative to say

Advice to Senior Managementkeep up the good work

Accounts Payable

Accounts Payable (Former Employee)
    Salt Lake City, UT

ProsThe culture in this department was one of hard working and unity. I got along great with my co-workers. It is a small team which i found to be really great.

ConsThere seemed to be little interest in helping employees develop to move on to the next level. There strict deadlines that are monthly and made it hard for me to feel like I could take time off.

Advice to Senior ManagementHelp train employees to be prepared to moving on to the next level in accounting.

Very anti-social environment

SIP Relay Operator (Former Employee)
    Salt Lake City, UT

ProsOur break room was nice, we had comfortable couches and a nice tv.

ConsIt's boring as hell. Most times you don't speak to people, you speak to a machine. There was never enough reps so we were always swamped. Plus it's now filing for bankruptcy.

Advice to Senior ManagementBuild company bonding. Nobody knew each other and company hardly ever held events.

Love working for this company.

Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee)
    Murray, UT

ProsGreat company to work for, great people, great products. Highly respectful of work-life balance.

ConsSlow career advancement. Modest to less than modest pay increases.

Operations

Communications Operator (Current Employee)
    Salt Lake City, UT

Pros- Amazing interpreters
    - Management takes your employee feedback very seriously
    - Reduce work pressure during busy weeks
    - Great for recent grads who r looking for 3-5 yrs of experience

Cons- Not much in growth area
    - Flexibility to work outside your normal hours

Advice to Senior Management- Please use latest technology in Operations - scheduling area

Awful company who treats their employees terribly

Video Relay Interpreter (Former Employee)
    Denver, CO

ProsNot too many outside the fact their philosophy to bring better communication to the hard of hearing/deaf is a plus...too bad their communication within the company itself isn't more transparent.

ConsManagement is rude and all about the bottom line...I get it, it's important to maintain revenues and customer satisfaction...but employee satisfaction and outlook is just as, if not MORE, important than that. There is no understanding that family emergencies come up -- I had a family member need to be taken to the hospital and was going to be late for my shift, if I could make it at all...I was a few minutes late and still got written up and a lecture from the stupid managers.

The fact that they haven't protected their employees from having their identities stolen is ludicrous!!!! I would say that they should be sued for their incompetence and exposing their hard working employees to identity theft for the benefit of Sorenson.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your employees (the lifeline to your company) with more respect and dignity. Revise your policies and communicate better day in and day out with monthly goals and strategies that can be attained.

Worked for Sorenson Communications? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Sorenson Communications reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Sorenson Communications CEO Pat Nola. All 36 reviews posted anonymously by Sorenson Communications employees.