www.soul-cycle.com

Updated October 30, 2014
4.3

SoulCycle Co-Founders and Co-CEOs Elizabeth Cutler and Julie Rice
Elizabeth Cutler and Julie Rice

Growing company with lots of opportunities to learn.

I have been working at SoulCycle full-time

Pros

Since the company is growing so rapidly the environment is constantly changing and evolving. It's exciting to be a part of something so dynamic. The people that work at Soul are the greatest. You'll find great people who will become friends at this company.

Cons

Expectations are high but often feel unequal among employees and departments. Studios are open 365 days a year so work life balance can be very tough.

Growing, Growing, Growing!

I have been working at SoulCycle full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The atmosphere here is incredible. There is so much excitement and buzz every day, and the days go by quickly b/c we're always running around! Everyone is not only smart, but kind, encouraging and considerate... huge plus for a growing corporate company.

Cons

It's not really a con but there is less structure in place than some larger environments. This is something I prefer, but if you don't want to speak directly with decision makers and kind of "blend in" then it won't be the place for you.

The 401K add was huge. And please keep our employee ride policy in place - it makes this place so unique, special... and FIT!

Part Time Desk

Former Employee - Front Desk Associate in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Front Desk Associate in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at SoulCycle part-time (less than an year)

Pros

The workout is incredible and you get to do it as much as you want. The product is definitely something to be proud of.

Cons

The staff, for the most part is made up of 20 something year old females. Behind the scenes was always very catty, dramatic, and full of cliques. It was always hard to feel like you fit in. I worked at a SoulCycle studio for almost a year and never really felt like part of the team. The studio managers loved to gossip. They would fake compassion for riders and staff and then spread rumors using information given to them in confidence. Though the concept and product are both fantastic, working in this environment could not have been more opposite.

Hiring managers with more life experience to avoid turning each studio into a bad high school environment. Morale would be much higher with stronger, more mature leadership.

SoulCycle Response

Nov 10, 2014Manager of Corporate Recruiting

Hi,
    Thanks for your feedback and for taking the time to review your experience at SoulCycle. It's helpful that you've provided us with some insight about your experience here. It's a great benefit
    ... More

Invaluable Experience.

I have been working at SoulCycle full-time

Pros

The company culture supports and inspires a healthy lifestyle. A major benefit is complimentary classes and it's strongly encouraged to take class! SoulCycle attracts some of the best people and you will meet some of your best friends working here. People care so much- everyone from part-time employees to senior management. There seems to be a constant curiosity around how people are feeling, if we are maintaining culture as we expand, and what we can do to improve. That's rare! Also, with the company expanding rapidly, there are major growth opportunities not just in your title but in how much you will learn.

Cons

It's a growing company which often means people wear a lot of hats and have a heavy workload. It's possible that even some of our interns are doing things that most coordinators would do at other companies. You have to be maleable and up for the challenge of constantly taking on more. If you're up for it, you'll learn so much and the experience will be invaluable.

Keep evaluating culture constantly.

Awesome Work Environment with Opportunities for Growth!

I have been working at SoulCycle full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I've never worked in an office where I've like EVERYONE! The people here are smart, kind, funny and it just makes it easier to come to work everyday Mon-Fri! The office culture is great b/c SoulCycle offers tons of development training and wants to make sure that everyone is thriving in their positions. The company cares about your personal growth as well as growth with in your current position.

Cons

Not necessarily a con but things are constantly changing, growing, evolving and you must always be on your toes. We operate with a start up mentality and everyone works super hard b/c they WANT to. The company is expanding all over the US and corporate interacts with the studio teams every day. Interacting with the studios can sometimes mean unconventional work hours if you are in a department that the studios depend on for immediate response.

Manager

Current Employee - Corporate Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Corporate Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at SoulCycle full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

There is always something fun happening at the office. Guest speakers. Music. Private rides that we are invited to. Freedom to grow and present ideas. I like coming to work everyday, we are corporate but not too corporate for shenanigans in the office.

Cons

The studios are open 365 days a year and most of them from 5:30am - 9:30pm, so if you are in a position of a support for the studios, be prepared to check your email on weekends and non-work hours.

Challenging, fulfilling, supportive office environment

I have been working at SoulCycle full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Never a dull moment. Always new projects coming down the pipeline, with opportunities to dive deep into unfamiliar territory and come out with sharpened skills. I'm surrounded by talented, engaged coworkers, always teaching me new things. Some of the guys here play in a band, and we come to their shows in force--very supportive environment.

Compensation is competitive, and depending on what department you're in and how you conduct yourself, there can be flexibility with scheduling. It's definitely a results-oriented environment rather than everyone watching the clock.

Cons

The company is in the process of transitioning from a start-up to an enterprise. There's always growing pains. Also, I wouldn't call it a con exactly, but cultural fit is really important.

Fast growing, great culture

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at SoulCycle full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The company is growing rapidly, and because it's still a lean operation there is a lot of opportunity to take on more and learn by doing! Everyone here has a strong passion for the brand and a great attitude. A huge perk is that employees take class for free, which creates a really healthy and fun work environment.

Cons

Our studios are open every day of the year, so in support of our studios and staff we are dedicated to checking in and being available every day. While that might seem challenging for some people, it feels natural when you love what you do!

SoulCycle Is My Dream Job

I have been working at SoulCycle full-time (more than an year)

Pros

THE PEOPLE! The people at this company are some of the kindest, most hardworking bunch that I've ever worked amongst. There is very positive morale whether we're going through a high stress situation or not. We work quickly, but within a very supportive environment. Have an idea? It will be heard. Need help? Someone is always available to help brainstorm a process. There is so much passion behind the brand that it's hard not to feel motivated each day.

Cons

Very few. Not at all interested in health and wellness? Might not be the right place for you if SoulCycle as a product doesn't speak to you. If it does, you will find yourself very proud to work for both the brand and the community it represents.

SoulCycle is my family.

I have been working at SoulCycle full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The people. I work with my best friends. I am excited to come to work every day to hang out with people I love that make me laugh. There is a lot of opportunity to try new ideas, make a difference as we are such a young, growing company. If you are a passionate and dedicated person, you can easily grow into new roles at Soul. Not to mention, wearing sweat pants to work and taking a class mid-day is pretty sweet.

Cons

You must be very flexible with your time as we are in service to the studios. The studios are open 365 days a year, some 5 am to 10 pm.

Keep the awesome culture we started with

SoulCycle Photos