SoulCycle Reviews

4.0
SoulCycle CEO Melanie Whelan
Melanie Whelan
1 Rating

Amazing people, amazing community!

Current Employee - Front Desk in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at SoulCycle part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The incredible people who make the job awesome! The riders are lovely people and it's rare to find a job you can't get enough of. I literally hang out at my job after hours. You learn a ton about the bikes and get to be a part of the greatest start up in the fitness world.

Cons

If you aren't a morning person, maybe this isn't the best job for you.

Advice to Management

Keep on being awesome!! You inspire the front desk with your work ethics and on top of that, are super fun!

A SoulCycle culture fit!

Current Employee - Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at SoulCycle full-time (More than a year)

Pros

SoulCycle is a quickly growing company, believes and trusts its employees, and the culture is bar none the most incredible to be apart of! SoulCycle's core is about creating a community and I have had the opportunity to do this as an employee at Soul. I have made lifelong friends via fellow managers, instructors, staff, employees, and even riders. There is no cookie cutter type of manager, which enables different personalities and management styles to drive the business. The reputation of the workout speaks for itself and I can only echo that magic is created in that room!

Cons

Working at SoulCycle requires a lifestyle adjustment, as it is a company that is open 365 days a year throughout different timezones. This isn't for everyone, but if you can adapt, the benefits outweigh the 5AM alarm clocks or the Saturday holidays in studio.

It matters more whose clique you are in than how well you do your job.

Current Employee - Front Desk in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at SoulCycle part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Taking class. The workout is no joke; it changes you and is very spiritually freeing. Being a part of a fitness enterprise. Some of the people within the company are awesome. Mo, the retail manager, was funny, kind, and treated me like a person.

Cons

Cliques. It's not a fair job; you get bad shifts if the managers don't like you or think you are cool. Very fake environment. Nepotism. They never schedule me at front desk and then when they need me and I have an issue, rather than working to help me do better, they simply cattily ask you to do it right be next time. Managers pretend it's all about finding the yes and helping others, yet I have felt every shift I have worked that I am not appreciated or given responsibilities. There is one girl at my location which is the most recent studio, who is treated like a princess while I do menial tasks. I was adored at my last job, and here am treated like street scum.

Advice to Management

Be equally kind to all your employees because nepotism creates hostility between them. Just be nice and say hi to your staff when they come to work and PLEASE keep track of who ALWAYS gets front desk and who is always slated to awful duties like floating or cleaning on hands and knees. Awesome work out, some of the instructors are real, but on the whole it's seems job duties are based onl whose more popular.

SoulCycle Response

Jul 13, 2015

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how you’re feeling- we are here to listen and help. SoulCycle was built on a culture of community and kindness to others, and we strive to bring that ... More

Front Desk

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Pros

You can take free classes! You get lots of gifts from riders! (Food & gift cards) You get to wear comfortable yoga pants and sneakers to work !

Cons

There is SO MUCH gossip! Your hours are okay..... Riders tend to bring you a lot of unhealthy treats, so don't be mad if you lose your figure

RSS Feed </> Embed