Source Direct

Updated December 31, 2014
3.3

Mike Roberts

Came back for more

I have been working at Source Direct full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

People here are so great! There are no clicks or politics, everyone sincerely gets a long with everyone else.
    Not micro-managed, but you are held accountable
    Very flexible schedule- so long as you're doing a good job!
    Great work/life balance- Pretty much a ghost town after 5.00pm
    Pay is very good and above average from what I've seen around- helps to make up for the benefits which are pretty steep
    Do a lot of activities, pot luck, chilli cook-off, etc.

Cons

Being a small company the health benefits are awful!
    Went through a rocky period about a year ago and some people seem to still have some insecurities about that. But overall feel genuinely secure and stable here

If you're not in sales you don't get as recognized/appreciated for good work.
    Could do more employee appreciation- award time off or cash bonus or something to show your appreciation of your employees hard works- and not just the sales team

Source Direct has CEO issues. Entire leadership team quit or was fired. Only a matter of time before they close.

Former Employee - Manager in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Manager in Dallas, TX

I worked at Source Direct full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

There are still some talented employees hanging on. They deserve better.

Cons

CEO that says a prayer each week on his company meeting who lacks business integrity and character. The CEO's private jet, new offices, and vision for managed services sank this ship. The jet is gone along with many mangers, employees and customers.

Find a buyer with deep pockets who doesn't understand debt ratios. Advice to customers, make sure your contracts are month to month.

Great place for new Techs

I have been working at Source Direct

Pros

Great place, on the rise

Cons

none, this place is a very laid back job

Everything is going great

Great People, Great Product disingenuous and unscrupulous Leadership

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I worked at Source Direct full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Some of if not the best Engineers and Support staff in the business; loyal and hard working and genuinely care deeply about the customers and work they perform for them.

Cons

They have gone through multiple leadership teams over the last two years and continue to loose great people at every turn; usually at the hand of tyrannical CEO who has been disconnected from the business and the industry for many years and is more concerned with his personal "lifestyle" and abusing the system and finances created for him at the hands of the workers.

Sell the company to an organization that would truly appreciate the employees and customers they have and stop dragging the good name that the engineers worked so diligently to create through the mud; including their own personal names.

Positive in early years, but very problematic recently.

I worked at Source Direct

Pros

A lot of autonomy if results are delivered.

Cons

Leadership lost touch with the market for a couple of years and business declined rapidly.

Rebuild with professional, strategic management.

Company has no direction

Former Employee - Sales in Addison, TX
    Former Employee - Sales in Addison, TX

I worked at Source Direct full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Good pay, no real restrictions on time off or family etc. Fellow employees are great, management not so much.

Cons

Office culture is ok.... Always felt like the company had no direction. One day we sell this and do this, the next week we now sell this and not that. Management, is not really management. The CEO is so concerned with keeping bills paid he isn't planning for 5-10 years down the road. Also a manager told me he had a friend write 2 new hires an email telling us it was a death spiral stay away..... Definitely not reassuring!

Pick a direction and stick with it, new people coming to a small 100 person company don't like to hear a lot of negativity within the first few days.

Great Company to work for

Current Employee - Sales in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Sales in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Source Direct full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Source Direct is full of extremely talented, hardworking people. I have a great work/life balance and know that I can always count on my coworkers. I honestly believe that we have the most talented technical folks in the industry.

Cons

I think that the company culture is in need of a revamp. It would be nice to have company events, etc. We have a beautiful office, but the employee areas are very plain.

Focus.

A company on the move.

Current Employee - Field Service
    Current Employee - Field Service

I have been working at Source Direct full-time

Pros

I really enjoy working at Source Direct. My co-workers are nice and very technical. I get to help my customers solve their business needs, either through hw/sw support or product sales. I can be involved in the process from start to finish.

Cons

We are a small company, so there are days that are long, but in the end rewarding. If you are not a self-starter then you won't fit in. We learn from our peers, but if there is a business need, certified training is an option.

Let's keep growing, but stay within our means.

Focus, Focus, Focus

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Source Direct full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great work/life balance. You're not required to risk your life during an ice storm. The offices are really nice. Certain members of upper management will tell you where the company wants to go and let you figure out how to do your part to get there which can be very liberating.

Cons

The company struggles with maintaining a forward focus and keeping a fire lit under everyone. Some employees have turned complacent which can create conflict with those that are excited about the company.

Focus. Source Direct is a great idea with a lot of potential as long as it understands who its' market is and remains focused on it.

Much Improvement

I have been working at Source Direct full-time

Pros

Things at Source Direct are better than ever. New things have occurred at Source Direct and the company has taken a major turn for the BEST! I'm lucky to work here with such great and fantastic people who care and treat each other like family.

Cons

Wish there was more appreciation toward the employees by management.

Wish there were more employee appreciation.

Source Direct Photos