Source Direct

Updated December 11, 2014
3.4

Mike Roberts

Came back for more

I have been working at Source Direct full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

People here are so great! There are no clicks or politics, everyone sincerely gets a long with everyone else.
    Not micro-managed, but you are held accountable
    Very flexible schedule- so long as you're doing a good job!
    Great work/life balance- Pretty much a ghost town after 5.00pm
    Pay is very good and above average from what I've seen around- helps to make up for the benefits which are pretty steep
    Do a lot of activities, pot luck, chilli cook-off, etc.

Cons

Being a small company the health benefits are awful!
    Went through a rocky period about a year ago and some people seem to still have some insecurities about that. But overall feel genuinely secure and stable here

If you're not in sales you don't get as recognized/appreciated for good work.
    Could do more employee appreciation- award time off or cash bonus or something to show your appreciation of your employees hard works- and not just the sales team

Great place for new Techs

I have been working at Source Direct

Pros

Great place, on the rise

Cons

none, this place is a very laid back job

Everything is going great

Dread Pirate Roberts

Current Employee - Critical Systems Engineer
    Current Employee - Critical Systems Engineer

I have been working at Source Direct full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

A great assembly of talent in the IT break/fix and implementation space. The engineer base was largely acquired thru referrals from other former OEM engineers and are an extremely resourceful and efficient workforce.

Cons

After months of being told the company would never be sold - the company is being sold. The (largely absentee) CEO does not recognize the efforts of the workforce that made the company successful. Lack of leadership and recognition.

Don't buy another private jet until you pay off the bad debt on the last one!

Great People, Great Product disingenuous and unscrupulous Leadership

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I worked at Source Direct full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Some of if not the best Engineers and Support staff in the business; loyal and hard working and genuinely care deeply about the customers and work they perform for them.

Cons

They have gone through multiple leadership teams over the last two years and continue to loose great people at every turn; usually at the hand of tyrannical CEO who has been disconnected from the business and the industry for many years and is more concerned with his personal "lifestyle" and abusing the system and finances created for him at the hands of the workers.

Sell the company to an organization that would truly appreciate the employees and customers they have and stop dragging the good name that the engineers worked so diligently to create through the mud; including their own personal names.

Positive in early years, but very problematic recently.

I worked at Source Direct

Pros

A lot of autonomy if results are delivered.

Cons

Leadership lost touch with the market for a couple of years and business declined rapidly.

Rebuild with professional, strategic management.

Great Company to work for

Current Employee - Sales in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Sales in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Source Direct full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Source Direct is full of extremely talented, hardworking people. I have a great work/life balance and know that I can always count on my coworkers. I honestly believe that we have the most talented technical folks in the industry.

Cons

I think that the company culture is in need of a revamp. It would be nice to have company events, etc. We have a beautiful office, but the employee areas are very plain.

Focus.

A company on the move.

Current Employee - Field Service
    Current Employee - Field Service

I have been working at Source Direct full-time

Pros

I really enjoy working at Source Direct. My co-workers are nice and very technical. I get to help my customers solve their business needs, either through hw/sw support or product sales. I can be involved in the process from start to finish.

Cons

We are a small company, so there are days that are long, but in the end rewarding. If you are not a self-starter then you won't fit in. We learn from our peers, but if there is a business need, certified training is an option.

Let's keep growing, but stay within our means.

Focus, Focus, Focus

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Source Direct full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great work/life balance. You're not required to risk your life during an ice storm. The offices are really nice. Certain members of upper management will tell you where the company wants to go and let you figure out how to do your part to get there which can be very liberating.

Cons

The company struggles with maintaining a forward focus and keeping a fire lit under everyone. Some employees have turned complacent which can create conflict with those that are excited about the company.

Focus. Source Direct is a great idea with a lot of potential as long as it understands who its' market is and remains focused on it.

Much Improvement

I have been working at Source Direct full-time

Pros

Things at Source Direct are better than ever. New things have occurred at Source Direct and the company has taken a major turn for the BEST! I'm lucky to work here with such great and fantastic people who care and treat each other like family.

Cons

Wish there was more appreciation toward the employees by management.

Wish there were more employee appreciation.

I love it here. There's so much flexibility here and very good environment to work in.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Addison, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Addison, TX

I have been working at Source Direct full-time (more than an year)

Pros

There's a lot of flexibility and freedom to do your job here. My last job I always had someone hovering over me watching my every move but here I'm free to do my job and even implement my own policies and procedures in my department.

Cons

It's very hard to communicate with certain people that you need to communicate with.

I would like to first off by saying this is the best job I've ever had. I never want to leave and will do anything that helps the company. A few things I think that needs to be worked on are better communication between each team. Sometimes things fall through the cracks because one person new about something that the person that was supposed to take care of didn't know about it and then that person gets blamed for not taking care of it because the other person that knew failed to tell that person about it. I would also like to see people get more recognized when they get a promotion instead of trying to hide the promotion. We should be celebrating that person's achievement. Overall I think this is a great company. I think the people that complain all the time should look at their own job production instead of worrying about how somebody else is doing.

Source Direct Photos