Source Direct

3.5

Mike Roberts

Great place for new Techs

I have been working at Source Direct

Pros

Great place, on the rise

Cons

none, this place is a very laid back job

Everything is going great

Great People, Great Product disingenuous and unscrupulous Leadership

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I worked at Source Direct full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Some of if not the best Engineers and Support staff in the business; loyal and hard working and genuinely care deeply about the customers and work they perform for them.

Cons

They have gone through multiple leadership teams over the last two years and continue to loose great people at every turn; usually at the hand of tyrannical CEO who has been disconnected from the business and the industry for many years and is more concerned with his personal "lifestyle" and abusing the system and finances created for him at the hands of the workers.

Sell the company to an organization that would truly appreciate the employees and customers they have and stop dragging the good name that the engineers worked so diligently to create through the mud; including their own personal names.

Great Company to work for

Current Employee - Sales  in  Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Sales in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Source Direct full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Source Direct is full of extremely talented, hardworking people. I have a great work/life balance and know that I can always count on my coworkers. I honestly believe that we have the most talented technical folks in the industry.

Cons

I think that the company culture is in need of a revamp. It would be nice to have company events, etc. We have a beautiful office, but the employee areas are very plain.

Focus.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Positive in early years, but very problematic recently.

I worked at Source Direct

Pros

A lot of autonomy if results are delivered.

Cons

Leadership lost touch with the market for a couple of years and business declined rapidly.

Rebuild with professional, strategic management.

A company on the move.

Current Employee - Field Service
    Current Employee - Field Service

I have been working at Source Direct full-time

Pros

I really enjoy working at Source Direct. My co-workers are nice and very technical. I get to help my customers solve their business needs, either through hw/sw support or product sales. I can be involved in the process from start to finish.

Cons

We are a small company, so there are days that are long, but in the end rewarding. If you are not a self-starter then you won't fit in. We learn from our peers, but if there is a business need, certified training is an option.

Let's keep growing, but stay within our means.

Focus, Focus, Focus

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Source Direct full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great work/life balance. You're not required to risk your life during an ice storm. The offices are really nice. Certain members of upper management will tell you where the company wants to go and let you figure out how to do your part to get there which can be very liberating.

Cons

The company struggles with maintaining a forward focus and keeping a fire lit under everyone. Some employees have turned complacent which can create conflict with those that are excited about the company.

Focus. Source Direct is a great idea with a lot of potential as long as it understands who its' market is and remains focused on it.

Much Improvement

I have been working at Source Direct full-time

Pros

Things at Source Direct are better than ever. New things have occurred at Source Direct and the company has taken a major turn for the BEST! I'm lucky to work here with such great and fantastic people who care and treat each other like family.

Cons

Wish there was more appreciation toward the employees by management.

Wish there were more employee appreciation.

I love it here. There's so much flexibility here and very good environment to work in.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Addison, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Addison, TX

I have been working at Source Direct full-time for more than a year

Pros

There's a lot of flexibility and freedom to do your job here. My last job I always had someone hovering over me watching my every move but here I'm free to do my job and even implement my own policies and procedures in my department.

Cons

It's very hard to communicate with certain people that you need to communicate with.

I would like to first off by saying this is the best job I've ever had. I never want to leave and will do anything that helps the company. A few things I think that needs to be worked on are better communication between each team. Sometimes things fall through the cracks because one person new about something that the person that was supposed to take care of didn't know about it and then that person gets blamed for not taking care of it because the other person that knew failed to tell that person about it. I would also like to see people get more recognized when they get a promotion instead of trying to hide the promotion. We should be celebrating that person's achievement. Overall I think this is a great company. I think the people that complain all the time should look at their own job production instead of worrying about how somebody else is doing.

lots of empty promises

Former Employee - Sales  in  Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Sales in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Source Direct full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Some telanted people still left in the company.

Cons

Poor accounting practices. No budget balancing until things were too bad. CEO is out of touch with his employess. Management doesn't listen to their employees. Was hired to do one job and ended up doing 5 different jobs. No pay raises in the 4 years.
    No work life balance. Still got called while on vacation eventhough the entire company was aware that I was on vacation. NO position advancement.

At least listen to your employees.

former employee- great company- great people- sad to leave, but had no choice

I worked at Source Direct full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Very strong team environment, weekly meetings to recognize individuals who have gone above and beyond. It's nice to get recognized in today's economy. Loved the people and believed in the service we sold.

Cons

CEO is very extreme. Can be good and bad, he is very passionate, but tends to leave for long amounts of time and then come back making demands without recognizing his employees hard work of running the company in his absence. He's either all in or all out.

Need more middle management, promote some deserving people. One or two people cannot effectively manage 3+ departments. CEO needs to be more professional.

Worked for Source Direct? Contribute to the Community!