Source Direct

Updated May 20, 2014

Mike Roberts

Great Company to work for

Sales (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsSource Direct is full of extremely talented, hardworking people. I have a great work/life balance and know that I can always count on my coworkers. I honestly believe that we have the most talented technical folks in the industry.

ConsI think that the company culture is in need of a revamp. It would be nice to have company events, etc. We have a beautiful office, but the employee areas are very plain.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus.

Positive in early years, but very problematic recently.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsA lot of autonomy if results are delivered.

ConsLeadership lost touch with the market for a couple of years and business declined rapidly.

Advice to Senior ManagementRebuild with professional, strategic management.

A company on the move.

Field Service (Current Employee)

ProsI really enjoy working at Source Direct. My co-workers are nice and very technical. I get to help my customers solve their business needs, either through hw/sw support or product sales. I can be involved in the process from start to finish.

ConsWe are a small company, so there are days that are long, but in the end rewarding. If you are not a self-starter then you won't fit in. We learn from our peers, but if there is a business need, certified training is an option.

Advice to Senior ManagementLet's keep growing, but stay within our means.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Focus, Focus, Focus

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsGreat work/life balance. You're not required to risk your life during an ice storm. The offices are really nice. Certain members of upper management will tell you where the company wants to go and let you figure out how to do your part to get there which can be very liberating.

ConsThe company struggles with maintaining a forward focus and keeping a fire lit under everyone. Some employees have turned complacent which can create conflict with those that are excited about the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus. Source Direct is a great idea with a lot of potential as long as it understands who its' market is and remains focused on it.

Much Improvement

ProsThings at Source Direct are better than ever. New things have occurred at Source Direct and the company has taken a major turn for the BEST! I'm lucky to work here with such great and fantastic people who care and treat each other like family.

ConsWish there was more appreciation toward the employees by management.

Advice to Senior ManagementWish there were more employee appreciation.

I love it here. There's so much flexibility here and very good environment to work in.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Addison, TX

ProsThere's a lot of flexibility and freedom to do your job here. My last job I always had someone hovering over me watching my every move but here I'm free to do my job and even implement my own policies and procedures in my department.

ConsIt's very hard to communicate with certain people that you need to communicate with.

Advice to Senior ManagementI would like to first off by saying this is the best job I've ever had. I never want to leave and will do anything that helps the company. A few things I think that needs to be worked on are better communication between each team. Sometimes things fall through the cracks because one person new about something that the person that was supposed to take care of didn't know about it and then that person gets blamed for not taking care of it because the other person that knew failed to tell that person about it. I would also like to see people get more recognized when they get a promotion instead of trying to hide the promotion. We should be celebrating that person's achievement. Overall I think this is a great company. I think the people that complain all the time should look at their own job production instead of worrying about how somebody else is doing.

lots of empty promises

Sales (Former Employee) Philadelphia, PA

ProsSome telanted people still left in the company.

ConsPoor accounting practices. No budget balancing until things were too bad. CEO is out of touch with his employess. Management doesn't listen to their employees. Was hired to do one job and ended up doing 5 different jobs. No pay raises in the 4 years.
    No work life balance. Still got called while on vacation eventhough the entire company was aware that I was on vacation. NO position advancement.

Advice to Senior ManagementAt least listen to your employees.

former employee- great company- great people- sad to leave, but had no choice

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsVery strong team environment, weekly meetings to recognize individuals who have gone above and beyond. It's nice to get recognized in today's economy. Loved the people and believed in the service we sold.

ConsCEO is very extreme. Can be good and bad, he is very passionate, but tends to leave for long amounts of time and then come back making demands without recognizing his employees hard work of running the company in his absence. He's either all in or all out.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed more middle management, promote some deserving people. One or two people cannot effectively manage 3+ departments. CEO needs to be more professional.

Circling the drain....

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe rank and file employees that are left are talented and hard working. With few exceptions, they care deeply about their work and how it impacts the bottom line.

ConsThey have a demonstrated history of huge layoffs due to mismanaging funds and about 30% of the workforce has been layed off or has left in the last few months. The CEO has no unified vision and cannot stay focused on what he wants the business to be. The sales force gets yanked around quite a bit.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe time to hire a professional chief executive has come. If this company is to survive, the current CEO should find someone else to run it.

great business model...not enough of the right people to support it!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsNice office in beautiful highrise

Consway too laid back with money problems

Advice to Senior Managementmanage better

Worked for Source Direct? Contribute to the Community!