Source Interlink

Be The First To
Add Photos

Source Interlink CEO and Director Michael L. (Mike) Sullivan

Michael L. (Mike) Sullivan

Pros:
  • "Good people, OK pay, good work-life balance"
    in 5 reviews
  • "Get to see some really cool cars and work with good people"
    in 5 reviews
Cons:
  • "Have to ask for raises, Upper management does not show appreciation for its workers"
    in 10 reviews
  • "5 years ago, everyone took a pay cut and since then, there have been no raises or bonus"
    in 8 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Good job, not enough hours

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsDecent pay, nice boss, work isn't had

ConsNot enough hours, sometimes store employees were unpleasant

Challenging

Vice President, IT (Current Employee)
    Bonita Springs, FL

ProsLots of latitude to make a difference. Flexible scheduling.

ConsWeak leadership. Limited vision. Poor Communication

Great job, horrible company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat coworkers, fantastic benefits, best boss ever. Rewarding job that made me push to be my best. Parking garage and summer hours were great perks.

ConsDistribution Executives were dishonest with employees, saw their demise ahead and planned well for it by separating distribution and media. When the time came to shutter distribution, there was no notice, no severance, an immediate stop to health benefits, and no recourse due to immediate bankruptcy filing. Devastated thousands of families, horrific. The few left under the separate regime now known as TEN should be looking for another job because their jobs are next. Corporate offices are in California, there soon will be no need for Bonita Springs employees. It was a good thing, gone terribly, terribly bad.

Advice to Senior ManagementNo management exists to give advice to. They are comfortable financially, not busy submitting resumes and writing cover letters everyday as the rest of us are. They are enjoying their retirement in the sun, playing golf and boating on the Gulf of Mexico, perhaps enjoying their vacation homes up North, without giving a second thought to the families they have devastated. Oh, and they aren't paying for, or moving out of their 4 floors of rented space to make room for Hertz to move in either, so they are ruining the landlord, too. Despicable.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good job and great employees at Source Interlink

Accounts Payable Analyst (Former Employee)
    Bonita Springs, FL

ProsWork-life balance, time off policies, summer hours on Fridays, generally wonderful people and co-workers

ConsCompensation, the print industry is in decline in general, company laid off it's entire work force and is closing permanently in the near future

Advice to Senior ManagementN/A

Great people

ProsGreat people
    great work life balance

ConsCompany closed
    Support workers
    Don't threatens people with closing

Advice to Senior ManagementSupport your workers

Sad to see it go

Wyandotte, MI

ProsThe work is really easy, especially if you have done something similar. I am told some people "don't get it" and don't last long, but I find that hard to believe! My schedule was very flexible, big stores you have an hour window to go there after the delivery but smaller stores are even more flexible than that. My boss was pretty nice but would still tell you straight if you did something she didn't like which is helpful because she also didn't make a big deal out of everything, You have get a lot of emails which can be annoying, several a day, I wish it were just once a week reminders. Also I got to basically work by myself.

ConsThe pay was not super great. Hours are low. Everyone was part time. No benefits at all. You can have several stores, all with different managers, all with a different way they want things done. They didn't pay for gas. Paid for drive time but not gas. Also I worked Friday May 30th and even went home to upload and email some papers before going to my other job so my boss wouldn't be worried about me getting it done, and then she called me and told me she had bad news we are all out of a job. No notice, no severance. Nothing.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop going bankrupt.

Went out of business

Magazine Merchandiser (Current Employee)
    Fort Lauderdale, FL

ProsThe job was simple for the pay.

ConsDid not pay mileage for a job that required a lot of driving.
    Very bad timesheet software.
    The company had to shut down the magazine distribution section.

Worst job ever hands down.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsA paycheck? Even that is not a pro when there are no raises and you institute pay cuts.

ConsNo raises, only layoffs and pay cuts. Having to be available 24/7 by e- mail.

Advice to Senior ManagementToo bad you hired so many empty suits at a 6 figure salary while laying off underpaid workers who actually work. Such a shock you went bankrupt (again).

Was a good working environment, Unfortunately they have closed merchandising arm.

San Rafael, CA

ProsA really good job. Work independently. Good People/Supervisons.

ConsMagazine Industry is dying. Company closed due to lower magazine sells.

Loved it

Greenville, RI

ProsFlexibility, meeting new people, learned a lot in a few months

ConsI got an email on May 30th, company closed, hopefully the new company will hire the employees back

Worked for Source Interlink? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Source Interlink reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Source Interlink CEO Michael L. (Mike) Sullivan. All 98 reviews posted anonymously by Source Interlink employees.