Source4Teachers Reviews

1. source4Teachers

Current Employee - Substitute Teacher in Turnersville, NJ
    Current Employee - Substitute Teacher in Turnersville, NJ

I have been working at Source4Teachers

Pros

-Make your own schedule, decent pay, excellent career opportunities for certified individuals.

Cons

-Assignment consistency. Nature of subbing.

2. Great Company To Work For!!

Current Employee - Substitute Teacher in Cherry Hill, NJ
    Current Employee - Substitute Teacher in Cherry Hill, NJ

I have been working at Source4Teachers full-time (less than a year)

Pros

You can pick your schedule. You meet new people. In the younger grades you actually teach.

Cons

Pay is hit or miss. Sometimes jobs do not appear ahead of time and you have to scramble to the job location when it does.

Add more description to the job. I was at a job for special education. Special education is a huge range of what a class could be. I walk into the room and it is a behavioral room and I was NOT prepared.

3. Make your own schedule

Current Employee - Substitute Teacher in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Substitute Teacher in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Source4Teachers part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Control over your schedule and locations

Cons

Typically low substitute pay and benefits

5. I have been working at Source4Teachers part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The best benefit of working for Source is the ability to select the days and districts I want to work in. It provides the opportunity to get a feel for the different schools and their teaching staff.

Cons

Although the company prides itself on providing the ability to work in other school districts, that doesn't typically happen. Very rarely will I get a robocall for other schools. You need to be on their list or as a teacher request in order to receive calls for sub work in that district. Therefore, it limits your true ability for exposure into other school districts.

Increase pay structure. Teacher with 4 year degree should not get equal pay as one with only a 2 year degree. Create a system to rotate in and out of districts outside of your primary home area.

6. Be cautious in the Doylestown Office

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Doylestown, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Doylestown, PA

I worked at Source4Teachers (less than a year)

Pros

Work / Life balance is good.
    They recognize all of the major holidays.
    There is opportunity to work from home on days the office is closed.
    It's a good entry level position.

Cons

Benefits are horrible. You can find a better health plan on the marketplace compared to what they are offering you. No 401k company match. Vacation and Personal days are not good until 6 months of employment.

The work environment is shady. It's a revolving door, Including myself there is 4 people who are no longer with the company in the last 2 months.

Unless you plan on going to Cherry Hill NJ don't expect any promotions or to move around the company because there is only one office in the south eastern region.

Be cautious of snippy attitudes, a manager who will embarrass you to the office, and pettiness. It's basically an office run by middle school kids who never grew up.

The office will let you fail and do nothing about it besides place blame and play the pointing game. They will segregate themselves and watch you fail while talking behind your back.

A team environment means working together for the success of the company. Listen to your employees and get involved. Stop making excuses for what doesn't work and change the environment. Stop letting your office bicker about everything and make them work together. Build your team up, don't knock them down.

7. A Mile Wide and an Inch Deep

Current Employee - Para Professional in Harrisburg, PA
    Current Employee - Para Professional in Harrisburg, PA

I have been working at Source4Teachers (less than a year)

Pros

Flexibility in accepting assignments. Source4Teachers uses the AESOP system, which makes scheduling a breeze. An often heard benefit is that substitute positions are a nice filler for when you're in-between jobs. It's also a great way to experience the classroom before you make that large investment in education towards teacher certification.

Cons

I believe the core issue with Sources4Teachers is that they are growing too fast. They often boast of the number of school systems they've added in the past year. This is not necessarily a good thing. Because of this, the level of organization, employee development, communication and HR procedures are not keeping pace, and substitutes know this.

Slow down. Build into your existing employees and teachers. Work through the bugs and issues with AESOP, pay cycles, training and development. Remember the story of the tortoise and the hare?

8. Good side job for a bit of money

Current Employee - Substitute Teacher
    Current Employee - Substitute Teacher

I have been working at Source4Teachers

Pros

Flexible schedule. Simple hiring process. Besides the process of fingerprinting and background checks, application and hiring is pretty straight forward.

Cons

The schedule is determined by you. This means it is also your responsibility to maintain hours. Some teachers call out on short notice which means some jobs may become available only a few hours before you are expected to show up.

Substitute Teacher

Former Employee - Substitute Teacher in Cherry Hill, NJ
    Former Employee - Substitute Teacher in Cherry Hill, NJ

I worked at Source4Teachers full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Flexibility, can make your own schedule, work when you want to and where you want to

Cons

No direct supervisor or boss, pay wasn't great. They say the price is set by the school district but what i'm wondering is how much of a cut does source4teachers get? It can be a nerve wracking job going from school district to school district but once you get comfortable in a certain district they may request you.

Should pay employees more

10. Great company to work for

Current Employee - Substitute Teacher in Hellertown, PA
    Current Employee - Substitute Teacher in Hellertown, PA

I have been working at Source4Teachers part-time (more than a year)

Pros

The staff is super friendly. They value you as a person and an employee. They truly want you to have a positive work experience. If i ever had an issue I felt more than comfortable going to someone knowing that it would be resolved. They also keep you on file for as long as you want. I took an 8 month break from subbing and the day I wanted to go back to work all I needed to was log onto the computer.

Cons

Not many to speak of. The only con is the available work isn't consistent, but that really isn't the company's fault. It all depends on the area you work in and what schools you are available for.

11. Horrible leadership that only cares about turning a profit

Former Employee - Recruiter in Cherry Hill, NJ
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Cherry Hill, NJ

I worked at Source4Teachers full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great concept if being lead by a leadership team that was forward thinking!

Cons

CEO is socially awkward and the President of the organization has a God complex and depending on the day of the week or which way the wind is blowing your guess is as good as anyone's as to how you might be treated on a given day. Benefits are non-existent, leadership is void. The COO is a former administrator that couldn't manage his way out of a paper bag. As a substitute teacher it;s actually not a bad gig, but I wouldn't work for this company internally. Your stop should be short and sweet!

Take better care of your people, treat them with respect, try listening to the employees working their tails off in the trenches every day. Show them a little respect and appreciation!