SourceHOV

Updated January 29, 2015
Updated January 29, 2015
2.3

Ed H. Bowman Jr.

Pros
  • They have laid back kind of dress code so you can wear tshirts, jeans, baseball caps and sneakers (in 4 reviews)

• There are no pros to working for this company outside of having a job (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Systems, senior management, growth opportunities & benefites (in 5 reviews)

• the insurance is too high especially for the low pay rate (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

Busy work dirty facility,

Former Employee - Film Scanner in Carson, CA
    Former Employee - Film Scanner in Carson, CA

I worked at SourceHOV

Pros

The pay is okay there is room for growth if you take the initiative. Flexible, they off paid time off and vacation pay if earned.

Cons

The facility is dirty and cockroaches. Break room and bathrooms nasty u.

Perfect example of why Corporations have a bad name

Former Employee - Corporate Level Employee in Coppell, TX
    Former Employee - Corporate Level Employee in Coppell, TX

I worked at SourceHOV

Pros

Thankful for the opportunity to work w/ small group of great employees. Pure joy felt upon leaving this company.

Cons

Zero guidance/high turnover. Ideas are neither encouraged nor propagated. Communication nonexistent across all divisions of this Global Corporation. Rampant degradation.

Upper & Executive level management should be required to read, understand, and follow policies and procedures they've created. Enroll in management/leadership classes. Remember you wouldn't be a multiple million $ corporation without the good employees working hard for you. Think of the millions more this corporation could make if you create a positive work environment, not destroy it.

great management, flexible, helpful, and good severance package and notice time.

I worked at SourceHOV

Pros

flexible, friendly, good pay, upbeat atmosphere.

Cons

high quota, some mornings, office site closed.

I have gained the experience in different departments for this job,

Current Employee - General Clerk
    Current Employee - General Clerk

I have been working at SourceHOV as a contractor (more than a year)

Pros

Its a Federal Government job

Cons

its a contract job, but I can say this I have learned so much, on the information process of Veteran's records.

Its very good if management is able to interact with staff, and to provide feedback to their staff on the ongoing updates and changes of the organization.

Never Happier Than The Day I Left

Former Employee - Corporate Employee in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Corporate Employee in Dallas, TX

I worked at SourceHOV

Pros

Cannot think of even one.

Cons

I was a corporate employee in Dallas, TX. I don't know what this company is like in the production locations, so my review pertains to corporate only. This is the worst company I have ever worked for in my 15 year career. (And I've worked for some particularly rank companies). The day I left, I felt euphoric - like I was high. There is absolutely NO employee communication at this company. The culture is toxic, degrading and hostile. I could go on for pages about how horrible this company is. I don't care how desperate you are...accept a corporate offer from this company ONLY if you are about to go bankrupt or lose your home and this will prevent it or something. But DON'T stop your job search. If not, you will regret the time wasted, and you will regret stopping your job search. The turnover rate is simply UNREAL. People get jobs here, realize within about 6-8 weeks that they've made a horrible mistake in judgment, then leave. I know plenty people who have left without finding something else first - it's that bad. The people who don't leave are so hell-bent on keeping their positions, that they make THAT their priority, not the actual work. So, they operate solely from a political perspective (just trying to survive and outlast) and are almost impossible to work with. People in this company speak very openly about how much they hate it there - all the time. There are always people gathered in corners whispering; or in the bathroom crying. In fact, my boss told me how much he hated SourceHOV ON MY SECOND DAY OF WORK! He was so stressed out, I thought he was going to cry. When I suggested he start a new job search, he looked at me like I had a third eye or something. You do not need any management experience or training in order to manage people at SourceHOV. Due to the high turnover rate, anyone at anytime can instantly become your manager - deal with it. They have this really irritating habit of creating policies and procedures that they DON'T FOLLOW. This created an environment of CONSTANT mixed messaging. You can be reprimanded for doing your job correctly, because the standards and expectations change so often. I get a little happy every time I think about this company because I no longer work there.

I'm not a management consultant, so I'm not going to pretend I would know what to do to make this place better. My hunch though, is that someone from outside needs to come in and gut this place and start over from scratch.

A terrible place to work

Current Employee - Data Entry Clerk in Englewood, CO
    Current Employee - Data Entry Clerk in Englewood, CO

I have been working at SourceHOV

Pros

Benefits are somewhat ok, that's about it

Cons

To begin, I was lied to about how much I would be making working here. I was told that I would be making $15 per hour after two months of working here. This could not be further from the truth. They started me off at $8 per hour and I had to continue badgering my supervisor for a raise until finally they bumped me up to $10.50 per hour. I have spoken to other co-workers who were told the same lies about the salary.

Supervisor

Former Employee - Scanner in Carson, CA
    Former Employee - Scanner in Carson, CA

I worked at SourceHOV full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great place to work and good pay

Cons

Needs more sales executives and better place to work.

SourceHOV Tax Fort Worth

I worked at SourceHOV full-time

Pros

Good flexibility and independence of work

Cons

Machiavellian politics.
    Management values bottom line over employees.
    Prepare to be replaced if they find someone cheaper to do the same work
    Saving money over quality of work

Make better long term decisions. A good reputation beats saving money in the short term.

A terrible place to work in so many ways

Former Employee - General Clerk I in Mount Vernon, KY
    Former Employee - General Clerk I in Mount Vernon, KY

I worked at SourceHOV full-time (less than a year)

Pros

- My pay was good for the area. Almost double minimum wage, however this was because my specific contractor didn't offer insurance at all so I got to take home extra "health and wellness" pay normally reserved for premiums. Would have much rather had the insurance.

- Dress code is very comfortable and casual. Jeans and t-shirts are fine. Headphones and mp3 players are also allowed while you work.

- Most employees below supervisor were very friendly and helpful.

Cons

There are so many I don't know if I can even remember them all.

- Unrealistic expectations about production. It can take several months to get up to a good speed sorting documents, but management started breathing down my neck and threatening my job 3 weeks after starting due to my numbers, even with signs of improvement. No one has any concept of what it takes to make the production numbers, which are really only possible if you do the bare minimum of work. We were processing veterans' claims for the VA and many documents were badly damaged, which took lots of time to repair and many documents were misfiled. Both of these things were eventually overlooked in favor of speed, so I hope the VA filed your claims in the right folder the first time or good luck ever getting your money.

- Constant changes. Once you learned how to process a document a certain way, the rules would be changed and you would sometimes get penalized for it. Every single day it was something - rules and regulations were constantly changing for no apparent reason except to give all the managers something to do.

- Management will lie to and bully you. Don't ever trust anything anyone says! Apparently there was a problem with how our production numbers were being counted that corporate was aware of but decided not to acknowledge or announce until 6+ months later. Once the numbers were "corrected," we were all threatened constantly with firing. I have also personally seen team leads bully employees they didn't like, supervisors knew but did nothing because they were buddies.

- You will be treated like a child. Seats are assigned, but you will be moved around constantly to "improve productivity." Little to no talking allowed even if it's not slowing you down. Work rooms are crowded, you will be elbow to elbow at long work tables with bad chairs. Everyone comes to work sick (and is proud of it!) and it spreads like wildfire.

- You will be fired before any incentives, bonuses, etc. are paid. We were constantly told "incentive is coming" and people signed up for it, but they worked themselves to death and it never came. There was a massive firing a few months back and every single one of them were due for vacation time, raises, etc. Also lots of suspicious promotions of unqualified people who were related to management.

- Not so much anymore I think, but overtime can be crazy. I had family working there 10 hours a day, 7 days a week for over a month. People were quitting because they could not care for their children and work the hours too.

Have more realistic production expectations based on the materials we're processing. Stop threatening your employees. Stop changing the rules all the time and treat everyone like adults. End all the nepotism and management "cliques."

Good Company

I have been working at SourceHOV

Pros

SourceHov is great as far as the training goes.

Cons

The hours are very long.