SourceHOV Reviews

Updated March 31, 2015
115 reviews filtered by
2.3
Ed H. Bowman Jr.

Pros
  • They have laid back kind of dress code so you can wear tshirts, jeans, baseball caps and sneakers (in 4 reviews)

• There are no pros to working for this company outside of having a job (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Systems, senior management, growth opportunities & benefites (in 5 reviews)

• the insurance is too high especially for the low pay rate (in 4 reviews)

1. Service Delivery Maanger

I worked at SourceHOV

Pros

Good people and fair pay

Cons

Management closed door. Very out of touch.

Listen

2. Data Entry: pros and cons

Current Contractor - Administrative in Bowie, MD
    Current Contractor - Administrative in Bowie, MD

I have been working at SourceHOV as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

Working in an environment that gives you a simple directive: keep up with productivity. Which meant something as simple as doing the job without some of the minutiae that comes sometimes with working such as job: micro managing, people always stopping you to do something else knowing you're under deadline. No, here you get to just do the job and get everything done in a timely manner.

Cons

I found it a bit distressing that while it was all about productivity, the entire "reasonable accommodation" statute seems to be flexible. And that when it came to actual productivity, they were willing to turn a blind eye to how one was doing, and look for an excuse, which is hardly helpful for us employees. 30 minute lunches with no viable place to get a decent lunch and a kitchen that was usually questionable...No talks of growth, progression or anything

3. Lacking in leadership, direction and investment

Current Employee - Business Development Director
    Current Employee - Business Development Director

I have been working at SourceHOV full-time (more than a year)

Pros

As long as you can stand being at SourceHOV you're collecting a paycheck which is better than unemployment. Other than that, not much.

Cons

There's no direction and zero leadership. It's as though everyone at the top is just sitting around collecting a paycheck and probably wondering how long they can stay under the radar without getting fired or having to actually work. You never hear a peep or get email communication from leadership and nobody responds to emails. It's a very us and them mentality between the old dogs and any new people that get suckered to come on board. It's no wonder the place has such a revolving door of talented people. There's no marketing strategy whatsoever and they won't spend money to make money. The medical coverage is the opposite of a Cadillac plan so maybe a Skoda or Pinto plan. They don't have any 401k match. If you're hoping for any kind of good technology to get your job done, don't hold your breath. They provided a worthless Blackberry that was several generations old and most likely free with whatever plan they got with it. The same can be said for the laptops. It's just enough to run programs and that's about it. There's no base car allowance, just mileage. They've even told people to attend corporate events and then wouldn't let them expense the costs of participation after the fact. What business does that?

The business has had its time. It's an old horse that needs to be taken to the back woods and shot. No idea where they're headed to be quite honest. They scan documents and provide other outsourced solutions but there are so many companies both larger and smaller that can do things so much better. Just take one look at their website and you'll get it.

It doesn't matter what advice I have for management. The advice I would give is that they all get replaced with people that know how to run a large enterprise and provide some degree of leadership. I don't think they'll take me up on it.

5. A unique place to work .

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I worked at SourceHOV as a contractor (more than a year)

Pros

I enjoyed to people that I worked with and the training I received .

Cons

Working with upper management.

Let those that have been there train the new members of staff and don't assume that the New Hires know what to do with the packets of work

6. tedious work with poor supervision and management

Former Employee - Data Entry
    Former Employee - Data Entry

I worked at SourceHOV

Pros

This is steady work as long as they have the work.

Cons

You must adhere to their strict limited breaks and keep up your speed. They treat employees unequally, giving some special benefits.

Hire better supervisors and management.

7. Mediocre

Current Employee - Payroll
    Current Employee - Payroll

I have been working at SourceHOV full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The job isn't insanely stressful, you can be up to a half hour late without repercussions, you can give relatively short notice when taking time off, management actually has a lot of experience and will answer all of your questions, low drama considering it's mostly women, monthly meetings with free lunch.

Cons

Very low wage, and IF you get a raise, even with an amazing performance review, you will be lucky if you get .30 more. Paid time off isn't a great amount, and the health benefits aren't good. No company matching 401k, no bonuses, no incentives, no room to grow. This would be a decent job for a high school graduate who needed office experience.

I love our immediate supervisors and bosses, but anyone higher up working for SourceHOV needs to understand the reason good workers stay are because of incentives and pay increases. This company doesn't understand this simple business strategy, therefore they have a high turnover rate.

8. Wish they stayed open in Kingston

I worked at SourceHOV

Pros

Nice supervisors, flexible shifts

Cons

Closed. Early morning shifts sometimes.

9. Not the best place in the world

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Norwood, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Norwood, MA

I worked at SourceHOV full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The Flexibility of when you can come to work, Basically after doing your 8 hours your free to go.

Cons

Everything, Management was horrible, there were about 3 good ones maybe. Pay was horrible, there are people who has been working there for over 10 years and they are not even making $11/hr. There are no perks, no place for you to grow, nothing great about that place.

Try giving everyone a well deserved pay increase, if it wasn't for the preppers,scanners and the rest of the teams you would not have that position. Treat people with respect. Treat woman fairly do not look down on them or anybody else.

10. collector

Former Employee - Greaty With Little Pay Consideration for Staff
    Former Employee - Greaty With Little Pay Consideration for Staff

I worked at SourceHOV

Pros

time off policies not good

Cons

dealing w others that cant hit goals

be more professional with others

11. Don't Waste Your Valuable Time Here

Former Employee - Data Entry Clerk in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Data Entry Clerk in Charlotte, NC

I worked at SourceHOV

Pros

Casual Dress
    Can wear Headset for Music while working

Cons

Backstabbing
    Favoritism
    No raises
    Awful Schedule for first shift

I don't think Management cares they really don't. This company is too big and have no care for the low totem pole employees who actually work. Please enforce production so honest and deserving people can get and keep a job. Give raises and know that the cost of living goes up regardless that you are based out of India. People still have to eat and have a roof over their head.