Sourcebits Technologies
www.sourcebits.com San Francisco, CA 150 to 499 Employees

Sourcebits Technologies Reviews

Updated Jul 5, 2014

Rohit Singal

Pros:
  • "The CEO is very sharp and you learn a lot working with him"
    in 5 reviews
  • "It is good place to learn, if you are not bothered about what is happening in the company"
    in 3 reviews
Cons:
  • "Work is pretty hectic & hence work-life balance is not too great"
    in 6 reviews
  • "Horrible leave policy - As of today, you can't take more than one CL at a stretch you'll have to club it together with your ELs to do that"
    in 5 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

On the verge of greatness

Product Director (Current Employee)
    San Francisco, CA

ProsThe quality of design at sourcebits is second to none. The CEO has his finger on the pulse of Silicon Valley and it is a matter of time before they have a hit product.
    The new direction of Product Studios model is not only innovative but unique in the market place.
    Employees not only share in the vision of a product but also have the chance to own separate equity in each product they are a part of.

ConsNeeds to respect scope lock and avoid design changes in the 11th hour.
    Hours can be a bit unorthodox and employees must to be ready to do what it takes.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe execution of launch and post launch of a product is just as important if not more to its success. Continue to spend the appropriate time and resources to make this great work a hit seen by millions.

Amazing experience, plenty of opportunity for growth and enrichment.

San Francisco, CA

ProsI work with some of the most intelligent people I know. We have a flat organization and everyone including the CEO is accessible. I have been given so many opportunities to grow and expand on my skill sets. The benefits here are great: free catering every day, commuter, cell phone, medical.

ConsAs I have joined Sourcebits only four months ago, I have not come across anything that I am unhappy with.

Small team suffering from mismanagement and lack of experience.

Game Developer (Former Employee)
    San Francisco, CA

ProsA lot of ownership on everything you do. The promise of making a big impact on the project and lots of room for growth no matter how much experience. A good learning opportunity for what not to do. Plenty of bottled water.

ConsSmall budget, lack of resources, very little experience, extreme lack of professionalism. The project suffered from mismanagement, leading to impossible deadlines and uncompensated overtime. With such a cloudy vision of the project, there was very little acknowledgement for good work and a lack of accountability on the management side. For such a small team, communication was terrible and broke down a lot. Salary is well under market value.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire more experienced staff and let them do their jobs. Micromanaging something that is outside of your skill set isn't wise. Knowledge of the game industry and development is severely lacking. Maybe stay out of game development. You are privileged to have the game team working for you, not the other way around. Don't lose sight of that or else you're going to burn bridges in the game industry before you even get established.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Poor management, poor vision.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Pros- Flexible work hours
    - Water
    - Sometimes quiet
    - Elevator works, sometimes

Cons- No real management or oversight, but all the blame
    - Direction changes at CEO's whim with little discussion
    - Frequent dismissals

A no-bull kind of place... opportunities to work on projects that are diverse and interesting as the people here.

Product Director (Current Employee)
    San Francisco, CA

ProsDiverse and passionate team coming from all over the world.
    Exciting projects.
    Good pay and benefits.
    Work feels meaningful.

ConsNothing I can think of at the moment.

Advice to Senior ManagementThrow more parties. Twine launch party was a blast.

A Pure Creative Meritocracy

San Francisco, CA

Pros- Great People
    - Lots of Responsibility
    - Terrific Environment for Entrepreneurs to Thrive
    - Extremely Innovative

Sourcebits is a great place for would-be entrepreneurs to work. You are encouraged to bring your prior experience to the table or propose new ideas when working on different deals for clients, while building out products or to the experience in general. Irrespective of whether you're a recent college graduate or a seasoned industry veteran, there are no boundaries to your role at Sourcebits. It is also a terrific forum for individuals to test out business ideas among a cadre of exceptionally talented peers (including a truly visionary CEO). The San Francisco office in particular has a special sense of camaraderie unparalleled to other larger companies I have worked for. I hope this continues as Sourcebits grows in the future.

Cons- Would like to see everyone working on the same floor one day.

Advice to Senior Management- Keep Yourself Actively Involved. Your Excitement for New Products and New Ideas is Contagious. Keep Growing. Keep Bringing Positive People. Utilize Everyone's Talents and Make Them Ambassadors of the Sourcebits Brand.

Dynamic. Ownership. Challenging.

ProsAbility to take huge ownership stakes in your projects. You're never bored because there are so many amazing things going on at once, you're able to hop on board with something new at the drop of a hat. You'll get experience in numerous industries all at a single company.

ConsLots of challenges and very fast paced.

It's challenging and therefore rewarding. I get to use my brain everyday and think critically about creative problems.

San Francisco, CA

Pros- It is a very flat organization and everyone gets facetime with the CEO quite a bit.
    - The CEO is very sharp and you learn a lot working with him.
    - Everyone who works here is super smart at what they do.
    - You work on cutting edge innovative stuff in hardware and software.

Cons- You work a lot, but its the being busy in a good way kind of thing.
    - You really have to prove your points and ideas. They might get shot down fast by the CEO.
    - Perks might not be as great as some big tech companies or hot startups.

Advice to Senior ManagementLunch a couple times a week would be nice.

demanding work, super rewarding

Prosprofessional knowledge growth is tremendous for hardworking, smart people.

Consyou work a lot, weekends, holidays. it'd be awesome for senior management to mandate people take a full week leave to recharge

Advice to Senior Managementreduce turnover

It’s been a crazy ride!

Head of Design (Current Employee)
    San Francisco, CA

ProsIncredibly talented employees across the globe, challenging and interesting projects related to cutting-edge technologies, friendly and non-political environment in San Francisco office. If you’re up for a challenge, Sourcebits delivers. It tends to be tough — there is a high demand for top quality work on tight deadlines — but it’s always super rewarding and fun.

ConsIf you’re looking for a 9-5 job in a typical “corporate” environment, close this window now. Sourcebits’ culture is so dynamic that your head would explode in less than 2 days.

Worked for Sourcebits Technologies? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Sourcebits Technologies reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Sourcebits Technologies CEO Rohit Singal. All 64 reviews posted anonymously by Sourcebits Technologies employees.