Sourcebits Technologies Reviews

Updated March 22, 2015
85 reviews filtered by
3.3
Rohit Singal

Pros
  • You learn a lot about attention to details (in 6 reviews)

• It is good place to learn, if you are not bothered about what is happening in the company (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Work is pretty hectic & hence work-life balance is not too great (in 7 reviews)

• Horrible leave policy - As of today, you can't take more than one CL at a stretch you'll have to club it together with your ELs to do that (in 5 reviews)

1. Good opportunities for growth, good culture.

Current Employee - Inside Sales Director in Palo Alto, CA
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Director in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at Sourcebits Technologies full-time

Pros

Leadership is strong, a tight nit group, work with some of the newest+coolest bay area startups. Competitive renumeration. Everyone at Sourcebits I've worked with is invested in success of the company and individuals. Cool people to work with, open and flexible culture, without the "ra-ra" crap that comes with other tech companies. Recently acquired, so good access to resources and true commitment to growth.

Cons

Like any service based company, there are peaks and valleys. A lot of work is project-based, so there are deadlines for things. Recently acquired, so there's still some positioning occurring.

Keep doing what you're doing. Management within Sourcebits is very hands-on and accessible which is refreshing. I think there could be more cross pollination between Globo and Sourcebits that could benefit the company.

Still going strong!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Sourcebits Technologies full-time (more than a year)

Pros

* small team = big impact
    * our team is more like a family
    * cool projects
    * brilliant people

Cons

* we are working in streamlining processes, not sure if this is really a con as it is normal for any growing company but this is an area we are working to improve

Great place to work, doesn't indulge in bureaucratic silliness.

Current Employee - Web Developer in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Web Developer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Sourcebits Technologies

Pros

The atmosphere is great, the organization is very flexible. You aren't pinned into just one area of focus, do what you think you'll be good at. If you are, you'll be rewarded. Management doesn't micromanage too much, good benefits, and the San Francisco office is a nice place to work.

Cons

Not great for people who need to be told what to do every step of the way.
    Sometimes they run out of bottled water in the office and you have to drink *tap* ugh.

Communicate between management.
    Could be more organized.
    Leave policy could be more clear and improved.
    Keep pushing people to be their best.

The little engine that couldn't

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Sourcebits Technologies full-time

Pros

The design team and the back-end delivery team in India [what's left of them] are very talented. Some of their work is actually very good.

Cons

When the founder and visionary sold the company and left, everything fell apart. We discovered it was really a one-person company with a large support staff. While the founder is more than a bit eccentric and abrasive, he is charming and brilliant; there is no charm or brilliance left in the company.

The CEO that acquired the company is basically a nice guy, but he has no vision, is very hands-off and is too entrusting of the remaining team. The team consists of insecure, ambitious, incompetent and self-absorbed people. They all bad mouth each other behind closed doors: very unprofessional and de-motivating.

This company never scaled from being a one-person show and it is now falling apart.

It's time to forget about the feel-good "we are all part of the Globo family" nonsense and clean house. If you are ever going to get a return on the investment you made you need to wake up and make some serious changes to your executive team.

6. On the verge of greatness

Current Employee - Product Director in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Product Director in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Sourcebits Technologies full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The quality of design at sourcebits is second to none. The CEO has his finger on the pulse of Silicon Valley and it is a matter of time before they have a hit product.
    The new direction of Product Studios model is not only innovative but unique in the market place.
    Employees not only share in the vision of a product but also have the chance to own separate equity in each product they are a part of.

Cons

Needs to respect scope lock and avoid design changes in the 11th hour.
    Hours can be a bit unorthodox and employees must to be ready to do what it takes.

The execution of launch and post launch of a product is just as important if not more to its success. Continue to spend the appropriate time and resources to make this great work a hit seen by millions.

Small team suffering from mismanagement and lack of experience.

Former Employee - Game Developer in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Game Developer in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Sourcebits Technologies full-time (less than a year)

Pros

A lot of ownership on everything you do. The promise of making a big impact on the project and lots of room for growth no matter how much experience. A good learning opportunity for what not to do. Plenty of bottled water.

Cons

Small budget, lack of resources, very little experience, extreme lack of professionalism. The project suffered from mismanagement, leading to impossible deadlines and uncompensated overtime. With such a cloudy vision of the project, there was very little acknowledgement for good work and a lack of accountability on the management side. For such a small team, communication was terrible and broke down a lot. Salary is well under market value.

Hire more experienced staff and let them do their jobs. Micromanaging something that is outside of your skill set isn't wise. Knowledge of the game industry and development is severely lacking. Maybe stay out of game development. You are privileged to have the game team working for you, not the other way around. Don't lose sight of that or else you're going to burn bridges in the game industry before you even get established.

8. Amazing experience, plenty of opportunity for growth and enrichment.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Sourcebits Technologies full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I work with some of the most intelligent people I know. We have a flat organization and everyone including the CEO is accessible. I have been given so many opportunities to grow and expand on my skill sets. The benefits here are great: free catering every day, commuter, cell phone, medical.

Cons

As I have joined Sourcebits only four months ago, I have not come across anything that I am unhappy with.

Poor management, poor vision.

I worked at Sourcebits Technologies

Pros

- Flexible work hours
    - Water
    - Sometimes quiet
    - Elevator works, sometimes

Cons

- No real management or oversight, but all the blame
    - Direction changes at CEO's whim with little discussion
    - Frequent dismissals

10. demanding work, super rewarding

I have been working at Sourcebits Technologies full-time (more than a year)

Pros

professional knowledge growth is tremendous for hardworking, smart people.

Cons

you work a lot, weekends, holidays. it'd be awesome for senior management to mandate people take a full week leave to recharge

reduce turnover

11. Dynamic. Ownership. Challenging.

I have been working at Sourcebits Technologies full-time

Pros

Ability to take huge ownership stakes in your projects. You're never bored because there are so many amazing things going on at once, you're able to hop on board with something new at the drop of a hat. You'll get experience in numerous industries all at a single company.

Cons

Lots of challenges and very fast paced.

Sourcebits Technologies Photos