South Moon Under

Be The First To
Add Photos

W Franklin Gunion

Fun

Sales Associate (Current Employee)
Bethesda, MD

I have been working at South Moon Under part-time for less than a year

ProsFun atmosphere, the merchandise is great, you get good discounts

ConsYou barely make any money and all the money you make you end up spending on their clothing!

Advice to Senior Managementbe nice

Overworked and Underpaid

Berlin, MD

I have been working at South Moon Under full-time for more than a year

ProsThere is nothing good about this company.

ConsNo structure, no forward-thinking, no reason to be motivated... In fact the building we work in is very uninspiring... Upper management has no concerns about employee satisfaction nor do they care that they do not offer a sustainable living wage. Unfortunately this company is run similar to a plantation where certain employees can do whatever they want while others have to cover for them and do the work of two or even three employees without the respectable compensation.

Flag Review

South Moon Under Director HR responded to this review

Oct 8, 2013

Wow, I'm sorry you feel this way. If you feel this strongly about your position and the environment in which you work, this should be discussed with your department head or myself, Human Resources ... More

love this place

I have been working at South Moon Under

Prospeople are fun to work with

Consnone it is a fun place

It was fine: relatively boring, you don't have much responsibility or learn much, but it's fine.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at South Moon Under part-time

ProsYou get to see new clothes first when they come in. Get to meet other people in the area who like "fashion."

ConsLess-than-brilliant staff, and overall certainly not an intellectually challenging experience.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more inclusive, hire less people so employees have more hours. Try to foster an environment of welcoming and inclusion rather than cliques and exclusion.

It was a great experience, and everyone I met who worked with me or with the company was helpful and friendly.

Assistant Manager (Current Employee)
Washington, DC

I have been working at South Moon Under part-time for less than a year

ProsYou are able to learn in a small, but growing setting. You get to meet and know everyone from different associates to everyone from headquarters. It's an up close experience of a great retail company and how they run business. Everything is straight-forward and the scene is typical for retail but also laid back when it allows it.

ConsSince they are still fairly small, the corporate opportunities are slim in comparison to larger, more corporate retailers. Sometimes communication can provide problems in the daily business and scheduling/employment shortage was an issue.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up what you are doing! My only suggestion would include to look more in-depth with recruiting. There's some great talent out there if you took the time to search for it.

My experience at SMU taught me a lot, I was able to build lasting relationships with co-workers.

Assistant Manager (Former Employee)
Philadelphia, PA

I worked at South Moon Under

ProsFamily like store environment
able to build a "book" of regular clients
enjoyed working events and marketing promotions for philly location

Consupper management outside of stores donot understand demographics of this particular store and always had un-realistic expectations of daily stats (ads upt conversion etc)

Advice to Senior ManagementHigher levels of management should communicate better and more often with in store management and take try ideas and not take credit for them.

Fun

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Berlin, MD

I worked at South Moon Under

ProsFun place to work, everyone eats lunch together, you can wear jeans, nice people

Consnot very competitive, needs more structure

Advice to Senior Managementneeds more protocol and structure, standardize the way things are done

Great place to Work!

I have been working at South Moon Under full-time for more than 5 years

ProsGrowth, Culture, Brand, Opportunties and Work Live Balance.

ConsLocation is great by the beach but is remote from airports, culture, shopping etc.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

good. I am usually happy there and it's an easy, yet rewarding job

Sales Associate (Current Employee)

I have been working at South Moon Under

Prosrewarding to see how your fashion envisions change someone's whole perspective or day!
associates and managers work together in an environment where cohesive team building is very important and valued.

ConsThe pay is absolutely horrible. I understand it may seem like a simple retail job, but we do not make commission, yet are expected to work like crazy to make sales.

Worked for South Moon Under? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at South Moon Under reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for South Moon Under CEO W Franklin Gunion. All 9 reviews posted anonymously by South Moon Under employees.