South Shore Hospital (Weymouth)
www.sshosp.org South Weymouth , MA

South Shore Hospital (Weymouth) Reviews

Updated Jun 12, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Satisfied SICU Nurse

SICU RN (Former Employee)
    Weymouth, MA

ProsExcellence Intensivist and Anesthesiologist team as well as seasoned, knowledgable nurses.
    Knowledgable, supportive Nurse Educator.

ConsI had heard there have been a lot of changes and staff turnover since I left

No paid maternity/paternity leave for physicians???!

Physician (Current Employee)
    Weymouth, MA

ProsColleagues are generally professional and hard working.

ConsPhysicians do not receive paid maternity/paternity leave! I just assumed every company offered that. Schedules are given out very late so it is difficult to plan trips and vacations.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe hospital administration should solicit employee feedback more frequently and try to make more improvements based on employee suggestions.

Great Place to Work!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat people, great work environment! Everyone is focused on our patients care.

ConsSenior leadership increasingly "disconnected" from the rest of the organization.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Headed in the wrong direction

Registered Nurse (Current Employee)
    Weymouth, MA

ProsGreat Staff, compensation is competitive.

ConsManagement is inflammatory towards the staff. Threats about nurses losing there jobs not uncommon. "If you don't like it, you can look for another job" Pay cuts

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn to appreciate staff, make sure nurses are included on decisions and be helpful and attentive.

Very positive environment....and everyone is so helpful there.

VNA (Current Employee)
    Weymouth, MA

ProsIts conveniently located off the highway, and for those who live in the suburbs they have free designated parking areas where you are shuttled to the front door! They work very hard to keep their employees happy and moral up. The pay is competitive as are the benefits. The hospital itself is very clean and well organized. And its not unusual to find most of the employees who are there have been for years!

ConsIf you aren't a team player your gonna hate this place. Everyone works together, everyone is held accountable for what goes on there....

Advice to Senior ManagementI think you've got things pretty well covered, and think it's great that your so hands on with your employees...keep up the good work.

Glad I went to work there

Radiology Assistant Library (Former Employee)

ProsOn the job training. Great Co-workers. Very Helpful Supervisors

ConsCouldnt get full time while I was there. Only Part time

Advice to Senior Managementkeep treating workers as you have when I worked there.

Patient satisfaction is what I enjoy most from my job when a patient is happy with the respect they deserve.

I E Receptionist (Current Employee)

Pros1. Patient satisfaction
    2. Benefits
    3. Happy with co-workers
    4. Satisfied with supervisors and manager
    5. Working together as a team is very satisfying.
    6. Being acknowledged by CEO, CFO, AVP'S and VP's. Talk to you with respect and even know you by first name. Will strike up a conversation with you. Ask how you are doing. Have even received a card in the mail because of a death in the family or surgery. Overall respect.

Cons1. Living locally may know many patient's which sometimes may make you feel a little uncomfortable, want patient to know that their situation is private and never revealed that they are or have been a patient @ SSH.

Advice to Senior Management1. Honestly, I do not have advice to direct leadership @ SSH. I feel they do a wonderful job there, make you feel important and essential to the company @ all times.

I love working at South Shore Hospital, my coworkers are like a second family to me.

Echo Technician (Current Employee)
    South Weymouth, MA

ProsThe best thing about South Shore Hospital is the people who work there. They truely care about the patients and one another. The administration fosters a positive work environment, employees are taught to treat each other with patience and courtesy. Everyone constantly strives to do their best. It is also wonderful to work in the community that I live in. I have had patients that were neighbors, friends and relatives of friends.

ConsThe parking situation isn't great.

Decent place to work, but consistent underlying low morale.

Registered Nurse (Current Employee)

ProsHospital has high differentials for nurses who work at least half night shifts. Their compensation packages are pretty aggressive compared to hospitals in Boston and it's far easier to get here. The hospital continues to add new services which helps to add jobs and they do a lot of local hiring.

ConsInitial impressions were far higher than reality. During the interview process, the hospital was made to look a lot better and be more transparent than it really is. Since the hospital achieved Magnet status, things have changed for the worse. There is little continuing discussion about TRUE shared governance and other nurse led initiatives. Morale is low in many areas the hospital is often not employee friendly. The fear of being "let go" for disagreeing with management is a serious problem in this institution.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees and talk to them when things are not going well. Allow free and open discourse at all levels of employment without fear of retribution. Employees must be free to respectfully disagree with their managers and also to offer their own suggestions.

Neutral for feedback

X-ray Tech (Current Employee)
    South Weymouth, MA

ProsLocation, facilities, comeraderie among co-workers

Conssalary, lack of personnel support

Advice to Senior ManagementThank you for the years of outstanding management, good support, encouragement

Worked for South Shore Hospital (Weymouth)? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at South Shore Hospital (Weymouth) reviews and ratings. All 14 reviews posted anonymously by South Shore Hospital (Weymouth) employees.