South Shore Hospital (Weymouth)

www.sshosp.org

CEO

Satisfied SICU Nurse

Former Employee - SICU RN in Weymouth, MA
    Former Employee - SICU RN in Weymouth, MA

I worked at South Shore Hospital (Weymouth) full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Excellence Intensivist and Anesthesiologist team as well as seasoned, knowledgable nurses.
    Knowledgable, supportive Nurse Educator.

Cons

I had heard there have been a lot of changes and staff turnover since I left

No paid maternity/paternity leave for physicians???!

Current Employee - Physician in Weymouth, MA
    Current Employee - Physician in Weymouth, MA

I have been working at South Shore Hospital (Weymouth) full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Colleagues are generally professional and hard working.

Cons

Physicians do not receive paid maternity/paternity leave! I just assumed every company offered that. Schedules are given out very late so it is difficult to plan trips and vacations.

The hospital administration should solicit employee feedback more frequently and try to make more improvements based on employee suggestions.

Great Place to Work!

I worked at South Shore Hospital (Weymouth) full-time

Pros

Great people, great work environment! Everyone is focused on our patients care.

Cons

Senior leadership increasingly "disconnected" from the rest of the organization.

Headed in the wrong direction

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Weymouth, MA
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Weymouth, MA

I have been working at South Shore Hospital (Weymouth) full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great Staff, compensation is competitive.

Cons

Management is inflammatory towards the staff. Threats about nurses losing there jobs not uncommon. "If you don't like it, you can look for another job" Pay cuts

Learn to appreciate staff, make sure nurses are included on decisions and be helpful and attentive.

Very positive environment....and everyone is so helpful there.

Current Employee - VNA in Weymouth, MA
    Current Employee - VNA in Weymouth, MA

I have been working at South Shore Hospital (Weymouth)

Pros

Its conveniently located off the highway, and for those who live in the suburbs they have free designated parking areas where you are shuttled to the front door! They work very hard to keep their employees happy and moral up. The pay is competitive as are the benefits. The hospital itself is very clean and well organized. And its not unusual to find most of the employees who are there have been for years!

Cons

If you aren't a team player your gonna hate this place. Everyone works together, everyone is held accountable for what goes on there....

I think you've got things pretty well covered, and think it's great that your so hands on with your employees...keep up the good work.

Patient satisfaction is what I enjoy most from my job when a patient is happy with the respect they deserve.

Current Employee - I E Receptionist in South Weymouth, MA
    Current Employee - I E Receptionist in South Weymouth, MA

I have been working at South Shore Hospital (Weymouth)

Pros

1. Patient satisfaction
    2. Benefits
    3. Happy with co-workers
    4. Satisfied with supervisors and manager
    5. Working together as a team is very satisfying.
    6. Being acknowledged by CEO, CFO, AVP'S and VP's. Talk to you with respect and even know you by first name. Will strike up a conversation with you. Ask how you are doing. Have even received a card in the mail because of a death in the family or surgery. Overall respect.

Cons

1. Living locally may know many patient's which sometimes may make you feel a little uncomfortable, want patient to know that their situation is private and never revealed that they are or have been a patient @ SSH.

1. Honestly, I do not have advice to direct leadership @ SSH. I feel they do a wonderful job there, make you feel important and essential to the company @ all times.

Glad I went to work there

Former Employee - Radiology Assistant Library in Weymouth, MA
    Former Employee - Radiology Assistant Library in Weymouth, MA

I worked at South Shore Hospital (Weymouth)

Pros

On the job training. Great Co-workers. Very Helpful Supervisors

Cons

Couldnt get full time while I was there. Only Part time

keep treating workers as you have when I worked there.

I love working at South Shore Hospital, my coworkers are like a second family to me.

Current Employee - Echo Technician in South Weymouth, MA
    Current Employee - Echo Technician in South Weymouth, MA

I have been working at South Shore Hospital (Weymouth)

Pros

The best thing about South Shore Hospital is the people who work there. They truely care about the patients and one another. The administration fosters a positive work environment, employees are taught to treat each other with patience and courtesy. Everyone constantly strives to do their best. It is also wonderful to work in the community that I live in. I have had patients that were neighbors, friends and relatives of friends.

Cons

The parking situation isn't great.

Decent place to work, but consistent underlying low morale.

Current Employee - Registered Nurse
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse

I have been working at South Shore Hospital (Weymouth)

Pros

Hospital has high differentials for nurses who work at least half night shifts. Their compensation packages are pretty aggressive compared to hospitals in Boston and it's far easier to get here. The hospital continues to add new services which helps to add jobs and they do a lot of local hiring.

Cons

Initial impressions were far higher than reality. During the interview process, the hospital was made to look a lot better and be more transparent than it really is. Since the hospital achieved Magnet status, things have changed for the worse. There is little continuing discussion about TRUE shared governance and other nurse led initiatives. Morale is low in many areas the hospital is often not employee friendly. The fear of being "let go" for disagreeing with management is a serious problem in this institution.

Listen to your employees and talk to them when things are not going well. Allow free and open discourse at all levels of employment without fear of retribution. Employees must be free to respectfully disagree with their managers and also to offer their own suggestions.

Neutral for feedback

Current Employee - X-ray Tech in South Weymouth, MA
    Current Employee - X-ray Tech in South Weymouth, MA

I have been working at South Shore Hospital (Weymouth)

Pros

Location, facilities, comeraderie among co-workers

Cons

salary, lack of personnel support

Thank you for the years of outstanding management, good support, encouragement