South Shore Mental Health

Harry Shulman

Excellent Employer

Current Employee - Clinician  in  Quincy, MA
    Current Employee - Clinician in Quincy, MA

I have been working at South Shore Mental Health part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Excellent training and supervision provided, diverse environment, employee-friendly

Cons

Limited opportunities due to space constraints

Stressful

I worked at South Shore Mental Health for more than 10 years

Pros

There's not a lot of pros just some of the people you work with are fun!

Cons

not enough money for what they expect you to do!

I doubt if they would even listen or care!

Increasingly dissatisfied

Current Employee - Clinical Social Work  in  Quincy, MA
    Current Employee - Clinical Social Work in Quincy, MA

I have been working at South Shore Mental Health full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Opportunity to work with a range of clients with major mental illness - a significant personal/professional growth experience.

Cons

Poor pay. As Fee for Service clinicians some of your work day will be uncompensated due to high no show rate, significant paperwork expectations and need for collateral contact. Morale in the program in which I work is very low leading to a sense of isolation, lack of support from colleagues. Program management is lax at best. Very little support for clinicians in a high stress environment. Little confidence in program management because of the perceived lack of investment in clinicians, sense that favoritism exists. No raise in FFS rate in 19 years!

After many years working for SSMH I have seen morale decline significantly. I know that this is not true in all programs. Please provide supervision to your program managers to foster positive relationships with their staff. Otherwise the dissatisfaction and high turnover rate will continue. If SSMH wants employees to be loyal to the agency then the agency needs to value the work we do. You cannot expect staff to function with low pay, no increase in reimbursement and in a climate that often communicates disrespect/disregard.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Fee for service, no benefits, poor management $ making co

Current Employee - Clinician
    Current Employee - Clinician

I have been working at South Shore Mental Health full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

clients and some bright, caring colleagues, plenty of parking, clean office

Cons

Ffs clt no show no pay, lot of the work is done for no pay no benefits for workers, but management well compensated, no respect, co focus on making $ and employees are $ signs. Plenty of new graduates getting license, some great and some not so good clinicians...

Take care of and respect employees. Retain good employees, provide benefits and competitive wages.

South Shore Mental Health

Current Employee - Residential Rehabilitation Coordinator  in  Quincy, MA
    Current Employee - Residential Rehabilitation Coordinator in Quincy, MA

Pros

high school graduate entry level experience

Cons

Low salary, poor management, unorganized,

Listen to and respect your staff.

Great job, Not the greatest pay

Current Employee - Rehab Educator  in  Quincy, MA
    Current Employee - Rehab Educator in Quincy, MA

Pros

I work with great people, and get to look forward to helping clients on a daily basis whether it to be something simple, or something as difficult as helping them through emotional difficulty. The company has allowed me to be very independent in my role, and there is a great amount of flexibility.

Cons

The pay at South Shore mental health isn't the greatest, and they require you to own a car.

Great experience and positive supportive environment

Current Employee - Fee-for-service Clinician  in  Plymouth, MA
    Current Employee - Fee-for-service Clinician in Plymouth, MA

I have been working at South Shore Mental Health part-time for more than a year

Pros

Supervision is great. This is a building base for those that want to get into private practice, as you experience a variety of clients and good feedback from friendly co-workers. It's also hard to get fired or let go. The higher-ups tend to be forgiving and let the clinician work things out with complaining clients. I would say the ethics and values are solid.

Cons

No vacation days, paid time off, no raises, low pay, client no-shows, inconsistent caseloads, and long hours. A lot of paperwork.

The management gets all the money while the workers slave their way. While management is helpful in a lot of ways, it would be nicer to help employees that struggle with their pay and give them better benefits.

Ssmh

Current Employee - Clinician  in  Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Clinician in Boston, MA

I have been working at South Shore Mental Health full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great org, education, sti,mutating environment, great supervision, company cares, professional

Cons

FFS can be hard and leads to anxiety

Incentive bonus

Worked for South Shore Mental Health? Contribute to the Community!