South University

www.southuniversity.edu

South University Reviews

Updated Jun 4, 2014
South University – Tampa – “Atrium”

South University – Tampa – “Atrium”

John T. South, III.

SUO Treats adjuncts well

Anonymous (Former Employee)

ProsGood support, training, and care for students

ConsThe pay could be better for the amount of work expected

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunication is key

Pleasant.

Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee) Novi, MI

ProsThe students are in need of instructors who are both patient and caring.

ConsThere are too many to list.

Inviting, student-focused classroom environment.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsWonderful colleagues and a highly positive, hands on President that is a joy to work for.

ConsI was very happy during my time with South University. I have nothing negative to say!

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Okay place to work

Academic Counselor (Current Employee) Chandler, AZ

ProsHelping students obtain education. Working with like minded, educated coworkers.

ConsLeaders have unrealistic expectations. It is a sales gig, plain and simple no matter how else they try to frame the organization.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop treating employees like puppets.

I teach mathematics courses as assigned on an adjunct basis.

Math Adjunct (Current Employee) Tampa, FL

ProsThe academic freedom is beyond reproach. The administrative duties are light as compared to many other educational institutions. The MyMathLab and MyStatLab programs are easy to use and make preparing class materials, homework and tests a relatively easy requirement.
    The administration is firm but helpful and approachable.

ConsThe biggest challenge is the large number of students in class. On the other hand, this is a good thing because it shows that the school is growing.

When it all goes South...

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsIt's a job, nice area if you like Savannah & the Georgia Coast

ConsToo many to list, starting with Mr. South and the for-profit model...

I Learned a lot about myself and leading/managing

Admissions Representative (Current Employee) Chandler, AZ

ProsWorking with great people. Everybody is educated to some extent and typically have outgoing, likeable personalities. Good pay with benefits. Free education.

ConsLittle to no development from above. Leadership gives expectations (often times unrealistic) without aiding or providing guidance on how to meet/ exceed them. Unbalanced new student opportunity flow. There is potential though.

Advice to Senior ManagementHelp to ensure that floor level employees are truly being coached and developed. Also, make sure that you help your managers and directors get better by providing coaching yourself. Finally, be more transparent with marketing strategies and try to balance the flow of new student opportunity.

A geat experience with hands-on instructors

Instructor, Criminal Justice (Current Employee) West Palm Beach, FL

ProsThe University allows its instructors to teach based on their personal life experiences

ConsIn my six years as an adjunct, I cannot find anything negative about this university

Advice to Senior ManagementAdjuncts should be given the opportunity to teach additional classes

South University combines high ethical values and acute attention to detail in all of its day-to-day operations.

Administration (Current Employee) Savannah, GA

ProsThe staff and faculty of South University care about one thing: getting students through their educational experiences in order to receive the career that they have always wanted. In most cases, the students receive individualized attention as often as needed.

ConsThe only con--which can be perceived as a strength--is that the workload never lightens.there is always something that can/should be done during working hours.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep an eye on the future of higher education, and always try to maintain the competitive edge within the quality program offerings.

Life at South University is pleasant

Educator (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsPay is good per class.

ConsYou must work almost 7 days a week for a good review.

Worked for South University? Contribute to the Community!