Southeastern Freight Lines

Great company

Current Employee - Truck Driver in Greensboro, NC
    Current Employee - Truck Driver in Greensboro, NC

I have been working at Southeastern Freight Lines full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great people to work with! Benefits of a publicly traded company with stability of private ownership.

Cons

I can not think of any con's to list in this section...damn are we at the twenty word minimum yet????

Awesome experience at a great company

I worked at Southeastern Freight Lines part-time

Pros

Great company culture with good management and clear direction is given to employees. The leadership is great and it trickles down to the employees

Cons

There aren't a ton of cons that I can think of. It may tend to get a little hot on the dock during the summer, but that is what is signed up for when you take the job.

Moved from dock to CDL driver and eventually into the office as Dispatch Manager

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Suwanee, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Suwanee, GA

I worked at Southeastern Freight Lines full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Great people, great benefits, and great hours. Get CDL training while working!

Cons

Can take a while to move into management. Usually have to start at the bottom and work up through seniority.

Southeastern, Memphis terminal,,,,. Worst place to work or do business with !!!

Current Employee - Truck Driver/Dock Worker in Memphis, TN
    Current Employee - Truck Driver/Dock Worker in Memphis, TN

I have been working at Southeastern Freight Lines full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Company is ok, all But the Memphis Terminal

Cons

Memphis is not a good place to work have had problems for years and now getting worse.

Hire more professional people to run the terminal and Managers that knows how to relate to people !!!!

What a pleasure

Current Employee - Observer
    Current Employee - Observer

I have been working at Southeastern Freight Lines full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

What a pleasure its been to spend the last decade+ of my life working here. In exchange for my commitment to "earn" my paycheck (within the culture's parameters) this company has enable me to purchase my home, educate my children, volunteer my free time to my passions, help others within the company achieve their goals....the list goes on. Simply, working here has been a "value" for me. I have received so much.....it's humbling. Even more so than "the company", my leaders at the regional level have made my tenure here possible. Their commitment to servant leadership and understanding that their is no one "right" way to manage a SC , has allowed my SCM(s) to create an environment that is conducive to great moral AND great goal attainment. As TC recently reminded us, most people don't quit their jobs, they quit their boss. I've been fortunate enough to have some great ones. If you're considering coming to work here, come interview US, it's a rare opportunity.

Cons

It's hot in Florida, :)

Be mindful of groupthink. Lots of position churning lately. Lots of like minded people being tapped. Servant leadership needs to be the litmus test if the culture is to continue.

The land of misfit toys

Current Employee - Truck Driver in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Truck Driver in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Southeastern Freight Lines full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Its a job if you really are desperate.

Cons

They are so fake about their culture as if no other company has a positive culture toward employees. They are constantly pushing religion on employees as noted in the quarterly news letter. Expect to work 12 hours every day with no overtime pay.

Excellent company!

Current Employee - Freight Handler in Huntsville, AL
    Current Employee - Freight Handler in Huntsville, AL

I have been working at Southeastern Freight Lines

Pros

Training is a major priority! Provide you with the right tools to do your job! Excellent pay and everyone gets along.

Cons

Terminal manager seems to only care about what we do when corporate employees come to town

Choose a better terminal manager

Good starting job

Current Employee - Billing Specialist in Lexington, SC
    Current Employee - Billing Specialist in Lexington, SC

Pros

Good benefits,Good starting pay,Good managers, Strong company, Good co-workers

Cons

Long hours, No input from front line workers, little advancement, No shift premium, No formal training.

They need a suggestion box for front line workers.

Good company

I have been working at Southeastern Freight Lines

Pros

They are good to their employees.

Cons

Seniority decides what shift you work and since they do not have a lot of turnover you could be on 2nd or 3rd shift for awhile.

None

A Great company to work for...

Current Employee - P & D Driver in Tulsa, OK
    Current Employee - P & D Driver in Tulsa, OK

I have been working at Southeastern Freight Lines full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great benefits, pay & equipment. Safety is always number one priority. No shortcuts.

Cons

Seniority of drivers. Still no assigned setup for trailers in New Terminal yet.

None