Southern California Edison

Southern California Edison Reviews in Irwindale, CA

Updated Jul 25, 2014

Southern California Edison President Ronald L. (Ron) Litzinger

Ronald L. (Ron) Litzinger

Pros
  • Company has great work-life balance, usually many opportunities to volunteer (in 33 reviews)

• Excellent pay, great benefits, professional development opportunities (in 36 reviews)

Cons
  • Hard work is not rewarded but if you are buddies with Senior Management you are set maybe (in 14 reviews)

• GONE are the days of work life balance and transparencies / accountabilities (in 7 reviews)

More Highlights
29 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

It was a very good experience

Business Analyst (Former Employee) Irwindale, CA

ProsThe work culture was good. Co workers were very cooperative & easy to work with.

ConsThe opportunity of growth is only good for the employees not for the consultant.

Great Pay, but Stuck in the Stone Ages.

Systems Analyst (Current Employee) Irwindale, CA

ProsYes, all the reviews are correct. The pay is great , benefits, and there are opportunities for training and affinity groups . This place is good if you're an intern, or ready to retire , not if you're trying to expand your career .

ConsEVERYTHING moves slow, from processes to technology . There isn't much room for creativity and innovation since everything is defined by a set process. The IT department laid off 600 people as a result of the transition to managed services this month. Rumor has it that SCE as a whole will continue with lay offs in 2015.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet out if the stone ages!!! The world of technology is changing fast and we need to catch up . If not, we're going to get crushed

It was a good place to work

Supervisor (Former Employee) Irwindale, CA

ProsCompensation, 401k, health insurance, and some opportunities for growth.

ConsHR organization is a joke. Your on your own as you will not get guidance from the rep,. It used to be a good company to work for. At the end I was a number

The opportunities for growth are it is not what you know but who and HR stands by and does nothing

Advice to Senior ManagementValue the people you have there

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

IT is going through managed services. It's a very stressful time knowing my job will be gone...

IT Specialist (Current Employee) Irwindale, CA

ProsThe company offers competitive pay and good benefits.

ConsMany IT professionals have or will lose their jobs. The senior leaders don't seem to care about IT employees anymore. I

Advice to Senior ManagementAsk IT employee if they are willing to take a cut pay. Keep more jobs in US instead of sending our jobs to India. Look into the entire company to cut the people are not doing good jobs. It's not fair for IT.

Company to work for

Senior Program/Project Analyst (Current Employee) Irwindale, CA

ProsPays very well and offers great benefits along with results sharing (as of now, changes have been occurring), training available and educational reimbursement.

Conspromotions depends on who you know.

Advice to Senior ManagementGrowth is possible with connections. IT is about to do mass layoffs within the year (2014) to go to Managed services

Working for a utility in Southern California

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Irwindale, CA

ProsThe company has implemented some new programs to better the workplace environment and culture.

ConsDepends on your position, but salaries are not what they should be for level of experience.

Software Engineer

Software Engineer (Former Employee) Irwindale, CA

ProsThere is Work life balance

ConsThe culture is challenging and set in its ways

Great Company to Start or end Your Career

IT Specialist (Former Employee) Irwindale, CA

ProsGreat learning experience if you're in the right team and given the opportunity of work. Great salary and benefits. IT department is fairly laid back. Lots of volunteering and fundraising events.

ConsLots of politics, things move slowly due to large company and approval processes, and management has favoritism. It's more of who you know on some cases. Company has been going through layoffs and will be rolling out managed services this year.

Advice to Senior ManagementPromote the employees/manager that deserves to be promoted. Contractors should be treated better. Don't have a meeting just to have a meeting.

Southern California Utility (SCE)

Project Analyst (Former Employee) Irwindale, CA

ProsThis company offers good benefits and some longevity if in the right department. There are plenty of knowledgeable employees who are willing to share information.

ConsThis company has been going through massive layoffs for the past 18 months and plans to layoff more employees in 2014. Be careful when applying for position, especially in the customer service unit. Also, excessive nepotism.

Advice to Senior ManagementAdditional in-depth human resources training is critical, especially with regard to labor laws and employee relations issues. If the training is comprehensive and Enforced this will certainly uplift moral and foster trust between employees and management.

This is the one of the most Racist company I have worked at.

Desktop Engineer (Former Employee) Irwindale, CA

ProsThe money was good, but as a African-American, I hated being there each and every day in the 'Computer Lab'

ConsIf you're African-American in the IT department.... Watch out.

Advice to Senior ManagementDiversify with more minorities, and give them opportunity to talk and discuss in meetings, instead of knowing 'they' better be quiet.

Worked for Southern California Edison? Contribute to the Community!