Southern Co-operatives

Add Photos

Not yet rated.

Graham R. Bennett

Southern Co-Operatives Ltd

Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee)
Southampton, England (UK)

I worked at Southern Co-operatives part-time for more than 3 years

ProsThe staff were friendly and shifts were at reasonable times of day. Plus the staff discount card was a nice bonus.

ConsThe benefits are not great and there is sometimes a misunderstanding between day and evening staff in terms of job commitment. Also delivery can be overwhelming when short staffed.

Advice to Senior ManagementReward the Staff appropriately and have in store managers notice good customer service as customers are unlikely to bother with submitting compliments or online.

A dead-end job with no respect for their employees!

Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee)
Bournemouth, England (UK)

I worked at Southern Co-operatives part-time for less than a year

ProsFriendly colleagues at my store, opportunities to gain extra qualifications and training!

ConsThey continuously changed my contract without prior warning, lowered my pay without permission then asked for the pay difference back before I had shared my half of the "legally binding contract".
HR is also useless.

Advice to Senior ManagementSort your pay roll out!
Stop treating your employees like trash,
Take complaints seriously,
Do not change your employees contracts without prior contact then ask them to financially reimburse your mistake.
Do not call your employees every single day asking to cover someone else's shift.

Pretty decent

Team Leader (Current Employee)
Brighton, England (UK)

I have been working at Southern Co-operatives part-time for less than a year

ProsFriendly staff, nice and considerate manager, energetic environment

ConsNo growth, it's good for part time job but no room for improvement

Expanding, but no rewards for hard work

Portsmouth, South East England, England (UK)

I have been working at Southern Co-operatives

ProsThe company is expanding at a fast rate, probably leading to an increase in the number of roles available, both stores and head office. The company genuinely cares for the local communities it trades in and raises and donates considerable sums of money to local causes.

ConsInformation sharing is atrocious. This is both within as well as between departments. Some employees seem to take pride in being "in the know". There are virtually no benefits besides the bonus-share, which is low in comparison to others. All benefits are aimed at the very senior management with nothing for the rest. Pay is also below that of other retailers. Progression opportunities can be quite limited due to the size of the organisation.

Advice to Senior ManagementImprove information sharing both within and between departments. Provide better benefits to the rest of us.

Worked for Southern Co-operatives? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Southern Co-operatives reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Southern Co-operatives CEO Graham R. Bennett. All reviews posted anonymously by Southern Co-operatives employees.