Southern Co-operatives

Southern Co-operatives Reviews

4 reviews filtered by
2.3
Graham R. Bennett

1. A dead-end job with no respect for their employees!

Former Employee - Customer Service Assistant in Bournemouth, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Customer Service Assistant in Bournemouth, England (UK)

I worked at Southern Co-operatives part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Friendly colleagues at my store, opportunities to gain extra qualifications and training!

Cons

They continuously changed my contract without prior warning, lowered my pay without permission then asked for the pay difference back before I had shared my half of the "legally binding contract".
    HR is also useless.

Sort your pay roll out!
    Stop treating your employees like trash,
    Take complaints seriously,
    Do not change your employees contracts without prior contact then ask them to financially reimburse your mistake.
    Do not call your employees every single day asking to cover someone else's shift.

2. Pretty decent

Current Employee - Team Leader in Brighton, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Team Leader in Brighton, England (UK)

I have been working at Southern Co-operatives part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Friendly staff, nice and considerate manager, energetic environment

Cons

No growth, it's good for part time job but no room for improvement

3. Southern Co-Operatives Ltd

Former Employee - Customer Service Assistant in Southampton, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Customer Service Assistant in Southampton, England (UK)

I worked at Southern Co-operatives part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The staff were friendly and shifts were at reasonable times of day. Plus the staff discount card was a nice bonus.

Cons

The benefits are not great and there is sometimes a misunderstanding between day and evening staff in terms of job commitment. Also delivery can be overwhelming when short staffed.

Reward the Staff appropriately and have in store managers notice good customer service as customers are unlikely to bother with submitting compliments or online.

Expanding, but no rewards for hard work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portsmouth, South East England, England (UK)

I have been working at Southern Co-operatives

Pros

The company is expanding at a fast rate, probably leading to an increase in the number of roles available, both stores and head office. The company genuinely cares for the local communities it trades in and raises and donates considerable sums of money to local causes.

Cons

Information sharing is atrocious. This is both within as well as between departments. Some employees seem to take pride in being "in the know". There are virtually no benefits besides the bonus-share, which is low in comparison to others. All benefits are aimed at the very senior management with nothing for the rest. Pay is also below that of other retailers. Progression opportunities can be quite limited due to the size of the organisation.

Improve information sharing both within and between departments. Provide better benefits to the rest of us.