Southern Foodservice Management

Michael Barclay

1. Director FOODSERVICE

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

I have been working at Southern Foodservice Management full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Upper management support makes this a company sorth working for. They listen and react. Small enough you can call anyone for help and they will answer the phone.

Cons

IT behind the times. Inventory is tough to do because of this. If company loses contract you most likely lose your job

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing and company will continue to grow. Bonus program could be more obtainable.

2. Great Company for Cater Waiters

Former Employee - Catering Server in Tuscaloosa, AL
    Former Employee - Catering Server in Tuscaloosa, AL

I worked at Southern Foodservice Management

Pros

generally easy work, always professional, great management. Food is best quality so rarely had to deal with customer complaints.

Cons

work was scarce and some other employees were questionable

3. Munipulating and untrustworthy company.

Former Employee - Executive Cook in Durham, NC
    Former Employee - Executive Cook in Durham, NC

I worked at Southern Foodservice Management full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

At first they are willing to train you.... The hours were good. Enjoyed the customers. Develop good relationships between other co-workers and we worked great as a team.

Cons

The company rewards you with a small amount gift card cause it makes up for the excuses for the small amount of pay they will give you but will move you up from a position and give you more responsibilities with a small amount increase;even with all your dedication for years with the company. Great benefits if your management but if not you can't really get the health insurance. The truck with the food on it.....management would come up with this crazy menu and everything is on the truck...all your product coming in about 10am and you have to prepare it and ready to serve 11:30 am. .. GOURMET COOKING and management that seemed to be picked on in his past would literally pick on the small group in the kitchen who didn't have culinary degree. They were a sub contractors to hold the Account there for a French own company so I truly believe the management Doesn't CARE as long as the numbers are RIGHT��

Advice to Management

Be careful of numbers cause they will talk for your company but behind the curtains their are certain managers that will sit back and do nothing for customer service and mistreatment current employees with a threat of loosing your current position and even suggest certain interactions with them. The past management was great but the current one is terrible. ��

Great customers, crap management

Former Employee - Cashier/Barista
    Former Employee - Cashier/Barista

I worked at Southern Foodservice Management

Pros

We had the same hours as the corporate place of business we were located in so we had holidays off and weekends. The pay was fair.

Cons

The manager didn't seem to know what he was doing. Was too busy flirting with employees to pay attention to what was going on.

6. Fantastic Company

Current Contractor - Project Manager in Chattanooga, TN
    Current Contractor - Project Manager in Chattanooga, TN

I have been working at Southern Foodservice Management as a contractor (More than 3 years)

Pros

Small Company, easy to get help with anyone in the corporate offices. My Regional Manager has taught me so so much. And the coaching is always in a very calm demeanor. He is more than fair.

Cons

Trying to please two bosses both the Client your unit is placed at and your boss of Southern Foodservice Management - always get a lot of help and support though.

Advice to Management

Keep up the GREAT WORK - come visit. Everything my staff and I do is for you and we'd love to show off to you what we do.