Southern Light

Company overview

Sales (Current Employee)
Pensacola, FL

I have been working at Southern Light full-time for more than 5 years

ProsGood environment to work in. The company is growing and is always looking for new staff.

ConsSome growing pains for the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementDoing a good job, they good employee relations.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Great People, learn the industry, don't look to get rich

Construction Manager (Current Employee)
New Orleans, LA

I have been working at Southern Light full-time for more than a year

ProsWonderful team, exponentially growing company, nice matching program, decent healthcare. You will learn the industry and set yourself up for other career opportunities.

ConsPay is probably the lowest in the industry, It is impossible to do all that's expected of you and not interfere with your home life. It's a satellite office in New Orleans, Mobile will get the accolades. It's a growth market that one day will be in the acquisition and downsizing phase and there are no stock options and we're looking at a 10 year window before that happens. Stability is a concern especially with lower pay.

Advice to Senior ManagementEmployee relations wise: There is a serious disconnect between the people doing the work and the home office. Pay is not competitive and incentive pay would greatly increase productivity.

Long-term competitively wise: Look to the eastern seaboard and where fiber markets are going. Your in the growth cycle of the technology s-curve in this region. It's easy to do well in a growth market. Look to when the market is saturated and future growth opportunities and keep that in mind when constructing. Look at 10 year forecast and quit bottle necking backbone, at least build more duct plant in current builds. We're too small a fish not to be an acquired one day and the more value you put in now the greater will be valued then. Plant constructed should look to provide for highest future value and the utility capacity of technology dense areas, for when the acquisition phase of the s curve hit. People will eventually compete on price we will have a low capacity network with little utility.

Independent

Outside Plant (Former Employee)
Mobile, AL

I worked at Southern Light

ProsGet to be independent
young, fun atmosphere
Outside job

Consnot great pay
sometimes atmosphere is too loose

Worked for Southern Light? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Southern Light reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Southern Light CEO Andy Newton . All reviews posted anonymously by Southern Light employees.