Southern Regional Medical Center

Jim Crissey

Great Community Hospital Managed by Emory Healthcare

Director (Current Employee)
    Riverdale, GA

ProsThe Emory Healthcare relationship is new, but the hospital is starting to benefit in many ways. Access to nursing educational programs, protocols, and best practices from Emory is enhancing quality.

ConsLike many hospitals, they have struggled a little financially but Clayton County residents recently voted to support the hospital and provide funds to offset indigent care. This should help the hospital recover and be stronger long term.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe partnership with Emory Healthcare was a smart move. They are an amazing organization with so much expertise; I would like SRMC to have access to more of their educational programs.

25 years of working at the best job I have ever had.

Mid-Level Manager (Current Employee)
    Riverdale, GA

ProsOne of the friendliest places I have worked. I have ample opportunity to expand my capabilities. Co-workers are easy to get along with and are supportive.

ConsHealthcare everywhere is a challenge. Streamlining processes is challenging but pays off.

Advice to Senior ManagementRemain transparent and open regarding the challenges we face. Would like to see more positive publicity about SRMC from outside the organization.

company in debt

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Riverdale, GA

Prosi was there longer than i expected i would be

Consthey took away all benefits.cashing out PTO, tuition reimbursement, holiday parties. lost of favoritism.

Advice to Senior Managementsell and start over.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Challenges abound

ProsTry to maintain quality and deliver care. The COO John McClain is smart, a great leader and compassionate.

ConsLack of resources and poor management. For a while marginally educated underprepared directors allowed to be retained for years. They would undermine those they consider threats and cause them to leave or fire them. Laboratory and Cardiovascular OPPD were the worst in terms of mid to upper management

Advice to Senior ManagementAllow the qualified folks to lead instead of "retaining" dinosaurs who have been there forever but know nothing about management.

It was my home away from home.

Ultrasound (Former Employee)
    Riverdale, GA

ProsPositive work Atmosphere and friendly coworkers

ConsCompany in whole is having financial difficulty and has been for some time now.

Advice to Senior ManagementImplement a strong financial reboost plan!

I been at this company for 9 years i do housekeeping i clean patients rooms.

Area Tech (Current Employee)
    Riverdale, GA

ProsAs a housekeeper we help save lifes by keeping the environment clean and santized.

ConsCleaning the patients rooms and meeting new people and making them smile even when they are sick commication is a very important key.

OR and L&D experience

Surgical Technologist (Former Employee)
    Riverdale, GA

Prosvery friendly and competent staff

Consemployees complain a lot about compensation

Advice to Senior Managementboost morale

Some employees are very nice,but more are about there self.

Floor Technician (Former Employee)
    Riverdale, GA

ProsOn the south side,in a very good area and could be a very nice facility.

ConsManagement need to change to improve.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement needs to work with the employees that actually do the work.

An excellent place to work with caring, compassionate team members.

Marketing (Former Employee)
    Atlanta, GA

ProsSRMC provides people with a direct career path. They are accommodating and offer an excellent work environment. Great quality of care despite the location. Excellent team of physicians and care providers who are truly interested in positive patient outcomes.

ConsThere is a fair amount of executive turnover which can lead to a bottleneck in decision making processes.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe sure to get input across the entire organization.

I couldn't take anymore and left after only 1 year

Registered Nurse (Former Employee)
    Riverdale, GA

ProsMost nurses and techs were easy to work with. Very little back-stabbing among them.

ConsNONE of the managers know what they are doing. They went out of their way to create a very chaotic work environment. Pay was below what I received at my previous positions at SMALLER hospitals. Constantly had problems with time left off my paycheck and nobody seemed to care enough to correct it. Got a run-around from many people who had a "its not my job" attitude. Every meeting began with a discussion about how bad the financial situation was and how we need to manage costs better. Everyone was in constant fear of losing their job because of the financial situation. They don't promote from within unless you know the right people. All-in-all it's just a terrible place to work.

Advice to Senior ManagementMorale was very low and should be addressed. Hire more compotent managers.

Worked for Southern Regional Medical Center? Contribute to the Community!

Southern Regional Medical Center Videos

Southern Regional Medical Center – Why Work for Us?

Committed to Keeping Employees Satisfied Southern Regional is a great place to build your career, whether you are a new graduate or an experienced professional. Jobs at SRMC offer competitive compensation, benefits… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Southern Regional Medical Center reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Southern Regional Medical Center CEO Jim Crissey . All 12 reviews posted anonymously by Southern Regional Medical Center employees.