Southern Spark Reviews

Updated December 5, 2014
5 reviews filtered by
4.0
CEO

One of the best jobs of my career.

Current Intern - Campaign Manager in Arlington, TX
    Current Intern - Campaign Manager in Arlington, TX

I have been working at Southern Spark as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

This job provides you with so many learning opportunities like conferences, workshops, a great learning environment, and one-on-one meetings with different managers, and the opportunity to move into management quickly. Building relationships is also key in this business. It's nice to know you're managers care about your professional and personal well-being.

Cons

It is very hard work, and definitely isn't for everyone, but if you are willing to get through the "rough stuff," the payoff is more than worth it.

Constant frustration.

I worked at Southern Spark

Pros

Way perky coworkers make for a tolerable atmosphere although I would've left sooner if I didn't feel attached to the people. I learned something about selling and business in the field

Cons

Although I'm sure Lexa herself is a great person, she really did seem like she cared, the set up of smart circle as a whole is just flawed. Look at their reviews and you'll see why. (Oh yeah, this is a daughter company of the famous scam smart circle. But they won't tell you that!)

Advice to Management

I'm not really sure this can be saved and if it can I certainly don't know how to fix it. I truly feel sorry for upper management for wasting so much time on such a lie. It must be a huge heartbreaker when they realize how futile it is

Good company, Great management and opportunity

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern
    Former Intern - Anonymous Intern

I worked at Southern Spark as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

Working here will teach you a lot of useful tools and skills needed for the business and marketing field. The work environment is fun and you're working with people that almost anyone would enjoy working with. My manager was awesome, very supportive and encouraging as well as the rest of the staff. Growth is pretty fast paced and unlimited. This job will push you out of your comfort zone, but in a good way.

Cons

This job definitely isn't for everyone. It takes a lot of hard work and emotional stamina. This job was a large commitment with responsibilities and time, but teaches you valuable skills when it comes to that. The only problems i had were that at times i felt misled, and that some responsibilities were given very last minute.

Great Opportunity, Amazing Team, Fun Job

Current Employee - Campaign Manager in Fort Worth, TX
    Current Employee - Campaign Manager in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at Southern Spark full-time (less than a year)

Pros

This job gives you the opportunity to grow into a management position because of the marketing strategy and training process which gets people from entry level into management in 6 to 9 months. The training program have proven to be successful and I've seen others grow up in it. Along with that, the owner has a total open door policy, and is willing to sit down and speak with you at the drop of a hat and is sincere in wanting to see you grow and develop. I've learned and grown so much in the time I've been at Southern Spark, and I'm so excited that I get to see all my hard work pay off! If you have big goals or big dreams, Southern Spark is where you can achieve them!

Cons

The job isn't easy, and it certainly isn't for everyone. If you're a hard worker and willing to learn, not only will your paycheck keep getting bigger, but so will the opportunity for advancement! They do try to teach people 5 years of business and marketing knowledge in 6 to 9 months, so it can be pretty intense. If you stick with it and are willing to work and stick with it, that time will pay off!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. Your sincerity and care means more to your employees than I think I can say!

You learn so much but in such a fun environment

Current Employee - Campaign Manager in Arlington, TX
    Current Employee - Campaign Manager in Arlington, TX

I have been working at Southern Spark full-time (less than a year)

Pros

1. Everyone is really goal-oriented and ready to learn and grow. Its very encouraging.
    2. I learned more about leadership, management, and consumer psychology than I ever imagined and I already feel like I've grown as an individual from this experience!
    3. The manager is available any time and is sincere in helping you meet the goals you set for yourself.

Cons

1. It can be a time commitment at first, you just have to stick it out to get the perks. It definitely requires the right person but it is worth it to me.

Southern Spark Photos