Southern Specialties

2.3

Robert Colescott

Review

I have been working at Southern Specialties

Pros

management and staff are friendly

Cons

too much work around to get to applications

Enemies of mine are free to apply!

Former Employee - Kam  in  Pompano Beach, FL
    Former Employee - Kam in Pompano Beach, FL

I worked at Southern Specialties full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

It has so much potential. The brand is the only thing keeping the company moving. I gave it as many years as I could before I understood that there was no hope of resurrecting the company to the greatness it once was.

Cons

Lack of effective management, low morale, poor work-life balance, terrible attitudes, and an inept CEO. The company has so much room to grow, but it is stifled from within. The turnover is absurd. I have no idea how you can see 20 high level sales, warehouse, and support personnel leave and do nothing to address it.

Look around you! You are navigating a sinking ship! There is no reason that you should not be rewarding the hard work that your employees put in. No raises, no bonuses, no promotions, constant issues with product. Morale is low, GREAT employees are leaving, and you are so concerned with what other companies are doing that you neglect your own. Step back, and right the ship!

What a mess!

Former Employee - Anonymous  in  Pompano Beach, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous in Pompano Beach, FL

I worked at Southern Specialties full-time

Pros

The majority of the people here are nice. You don't really have to worry about getting fired unless you do nothing or make a careless mistake. Medical benefits are pretty good. Sometime you get free produce.

Cons

Where to begin! You only get 7 days of PTO and this is including sick time. You will not get any raise what so ever. No one seems to know what their job is. This place is worse than a revolving door. Over 20 people have either quit or were let go in 6 months. Human resources is a mess! They themselves have no idea what people's roles are. Morale is so low that people don't do their jobs right. The motto here is: do what you can. No one takes personal accountability. It is always blamed on the people who left. They rather hire people from outside that those within.

Your employees are your most valuable asset. Treat them as such.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Innovative company with professional business practices and family atmosphere

I have been working at Southern Specialties

Pros

family, quality, people, competitive advantages, infrastructure, professional, partnerships, vertically integrated companies. excellent working conditions.

Cons

competitive business environment, must be eager and ambitious to work.

follow the vision of the CEO

Worked for Southern Specialties? Contribute to the Community!