Southern Technical College

Updated September 11, 2014
Updated September 11, 2014
2.9

CEO

The People/Faculty/Staff are very nice at STC.

Current Employee - Adjunct Instructor in Brandon, FL
    Current Employee - Adjunct Instructor in Brandon, FL

I have been working at Southern Technical College part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Good environment, good facilities. The staff is very good to work with as well as the upper management!!

Cons

The only two things that could be better are the Salaries, and the schedule: Classes go from Monday through Thursday, which is four straight days, makes a long day when you are Instructing after working at a main job all day.

Keep Hiring good people like you have at the Brandon location.

Another for profit money mill school

I worked at Southern Technical College

Pros

Easy to get hired at like 14 to 17 and hour

Cons

Company doesn't provide resources for employees or students we'll enough and that becomes your problem

Work Here - Exploit the Poor Who Need Our $38,000 Education

Former Employee - Admissions Representative in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Admissions Representative in Orlando, FL

I worked at Southern Technical College

Pros

Its a paying job and with the unemployment rate as high as is people just appreciate getting a paycheck. The people are pretty cool when management isn't around breaking up the conversation.

Cons

There is no money to be spent on educational resources that are not required by regulation. If it isn't completely necesary then we would go without. Everything depends on the bottom line. That is all that matters to the owners. The only days off are the 7 major holidays during each year. Expect to get fired before the holidays because they are to cheap to pay you. They will come into you offices and tell you, "that you can pack up your belongings and leave. Your services are no longer needed. Oh, and by the way, thanks for your hard work." They could care less about you. Never mind the fact that they are exploiting the poor by enrolling students who could never pass a test at a regular college. That's not even mentioning our tax money that they take from the students financial aid after they pay $38,000 for a 18 month degree program. Expect to hear "just be glad you are still working here" when you ask for a raise.

Stop exploiting the poor, your employees and the rest of the tax payers in this country.