Southwest General Health Center

CEO

1. Work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Southwest General Health Center part-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good work ethics,and friendly atmosphere

Cons

Pay and raises a4e not the best. Wish i could make more. All my check goes to my benefits

2. Seeking new employment

I have been working at Southwest General Health Center full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I love my coworkers and feel valued by my bosses.

Cons

Very disorganized office. I feel like our administration is digging us into the ground. Awful health insurance coverage.

3. treated like you are irrelevant and replaceable

Current Employee - Administrative in Middleburg, OH
    Current Employee - Administrative in Middleburg, OH

I have been working at Southwest General Health Center part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Local, community hospital. Patient focused, motivated employees. The staff are awesome and the environment and atmosphere are great. Good benefits, hospital gym is great

Cons

HR dept is unprofessional and unethical at times. Management is hands off and lack any communication skills. Pay is low and raises are insultingly miniscule. No room for advancement. Nonclinical staff treated like dirt

Advice to Management

Policies need to be upheld on their part if they expect employees to do the same. Favoritism, pettiness and retaliation needs to be dealt with by higher-ups and handled. Recognition and rewards for good employees need to happen.

Good care....but watch out for management

Current Employee - Registered Nurse
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse

I have been working at Southwest General Health Center (More than 8 years)

Pros

Nice, compassionate people that give fabulous nursing care, free close parking and pretty good benefits, nice human resources and Nurse educators

Cons

Managers and assistant managers don't help out, assistant managers have no leadership skills or training and are allowed to bully staff

Advice to Management

Require training for your managers and assistant managers, talk with your staff for suggestions on making things better not the "chosen" that the managers know will say the "right things".

6. I was given opportunity to grow and expand my skills, while given a lot of responsibility and exposure to different cons

I worked at Southwest General Health Center

Pros

Small office staff, so you are exposed to the big picture, but also must get into the details, and the all hands on deck philosophy at times allows for development of leadership experience as well as team work skills.

Cons

Small staff means significant expectations, long hours, no back-up, and office culture was toxic at times, where you had to watch your back, because you might be thrown under the bus.

Advice to Management

Hire upper and mid management folks who are mentors, supportive, believe in their staff, encourage and appreciate successes rather than always criticizing mistakes.

7. account rep

Current Employee - Billing in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Billing in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Southwest General Health Center full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

enjoyable and friendly place to work

Cons

at times seems like management doesn't care

8. Nice place to work

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Cleveland, OH

Pros

Free parking, friendly staff/coworkers, excellent orientation program

Cons

With all the current construction, employees are not getting raises for 18 months as opposed to prior yearly reviews. Still trying to get Magnet status and encouraging RNs to get BSNs, but not offering any additional compensation to do so. Tuition reimbursement could be increased.

9. Dedicated staff. Ethical organization.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Middleburg Heights, OH

I worked at Southwest General Health Center part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Depends on department and manager. I had a good experience.

Cons

No career ladder for non-clinical personnel. Low pay rate.

Overall great place to work

Current Employee - Nurser in Middleburg Heights, OH
    Current Employee - Nurser in Middleburg Heights, OH

I have been working at Southwest General Health Center

Pros

I've been at Southwest for almost 10 years, and many of the people I work with have been there even longer. I think that speaks volumes about how great it is to work at Southwest. At least in my area of the hospital, there is an amazing team effort in delivering patient care. Everyone helps each other and has great pride in their work. The organization as a whole seems to give many opportunities for employees to give their input and makes you feel appreciated.

Cons

One of the biggest downsides in my opinion is the lack of support for advancing education opportunities. There is limited tuition assistance available. Also, as with many healthcare facilities, many areas of the hospital are often forced to work short-staffed - which is not only stressful but can be unsafe. Though sometimes helpful, many times supervisors make it seem like there is nothing that they can do to fix those situations.

Advice to Management

In general, keep your ears and minds open to employee feedback. Many of us would appreciate better opportunites for education and tuition assistance. Because so many employees stay at Southwest for a long time, it would be in Southwest's best interest to have its employees further their education. Also, there needs to be more consistent adherence to posted staffing grids in an effort to keep patients safe and nurses sane. Thanks.

11. is what it is

Current Employee - Unit Secretary
    Current Employee - Unit Secretary

I have been working at Southwest General Health Center

Pros

SWGH is what it is. I like my job, the location, and working for a hospital in general and have made some good friends.

Cons

If you're a nurse, you will get treated like crap by the doctors and if you're not a nurse you will get treated like crap by everyone. Yay.

Advice to Management

Non nursing staff is important, too - stop treating everyone else like we don't exist.

RSS Feed </> Embed