Southwest General Health Center

CEO

1. Great place to work!

Current Employee - RN Case Manager
    Current Employee - RN Case Manager

I have been working at Southwest General Health Center full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Small hospital feel with big hospital goals.

Cons

Same as any... cost cutting affects ability to do the job you'd like to be doing.

2. Work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Southwest General Health Center part-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good work ethics,and friendly atmosphere

Cons

Pay and raises a4e not the best. Wish i could make more. All my check goes to my benefits

3. Senior Accountant

I worked at Southwest General Health Center full-time

Pros

Some nice people to work with

Cons

Long hours which aren't necessary due to the department having low technical skills

Advice to Management

Develop a better relationship with IT so you can automate your close. It is 2015 and you still have a 5-7 day close

5. Love it here! Humbled and proud, working w/outstanding people... but Mngt and HR are beyond EVIL!!!

Current Employee - Patient Acce in Middleburg, OH
    Current Employee - Patient Acce in Middleburg, OH

I have been working at Southwest General Health Center full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Coworkers, nurses and docs in the ER are knowledgeable, well trained and very focused on patient care. Fun, entertaining, caring staff treat each other like family... for better or worse! ER staff is incredibly professional, intelligent and competent with patients but also some of the goofiest, raunchies, thick-skinned, most hillarious gossip queens ive ever met. In an atmoaphere that can be chaotic, overwhelming heartbreaking and crazy-making it's nice to be part of a staff that can find positivity, light and humor throughout the days and nights. People make true friendships and real relationahips that last even after employment ends

Cons

While the staff is exceptional- the management is pathetic. Dept managers: clueless, catty, coward who hides behind a desk all day and has no involvement or communication with staff. Too lazy to make changes to a flawed, outdated system. Ungrateful and unappreciative of hardworking, dedicated employees. Absolute lack of care for patients, visitors and employees. Never acknowledges or praises good work, but thrilled to embarassing people by addressing any negative issues or "errors" (which are usually not actually errors ) in front of coworkers. Lack of understanding regarding actual job duties. Ridiculously, have no standardized training, no dept trainer, no protocol for dept onboarding or education in dept. Manager celebrates gossip, lacks professionalism, partakes in bullying and exerts power over the employees that aren't favored. A complete and total disregard for seniority and the perks that job loyalty SHOULD afford you, such as the extremely unfair scheduling used as a form of punishment. Unfortunately Human resources dept is full of people even more manipulative, conniving and miserable than mngt. ALWAYS making payroll errors: shorting pay, wrong deductions and not paying out vacation or PtO hours. Mngt is nasty and helpless but the true snakes are the monsters qho work in the hr dept.

Advice to Management

Why waste my breath? If they actually did communicate or listen to staff for once they would just be twist our words and threaten to use them against me in the future!

6. Seeking new employment

Pros

I love my coworkers and feel valued by my bosses.

Cons

Very disorganized office. I feel like our administration is digging us into the ground. Awful health insurance coverage.

Good care....but watch out for management

Current Employee - Registered Nurse
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse

I have been working at Southwest General Health Center (More than 8 years)

Pros

Nice, compassionate people that give fabulous nursing care, free close parking and pretty good benefits, nice human resources and Nurse educators

Cons

Managers and assistant managers don't help out, assistant managers have no leadership skills or training and are allowed to bully staff

Advice to Management

Require training for your managers and assistant managers, talk with your staff for suggestions on making things better not the "chosen" that the managers know will say the "right things".

8. I was given opportunity to grow and expand my skills, while given a lot of responsibility and exposure to different cons

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Middleburg Heights, OH

Pros

Small office staff, so you are exposed to the big picture, but also must get into the details, and the all hands on deck philosophy at times allows for development of leadership experience as well as team work skills.

Cons

Small staff means significant expectations, long hours, no back-up, and office culture was toxic at times, where you had to watch your back, because you might be thrown under the bus.

Advice to Management

Hire upper and mid management folks who are mentors, supportive, believe in their staff, encourage and appreciate successes rather than always criticizing mistakes.

9. account rep

Current Employee - Billing in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Billing in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Southwest General Health Center full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

enjoyable and friendly place to work

Cons

at times seems like management doesn't care

10. Nice place to work

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Cleveland, OH

Pros

Free parking, friendly staff/coworkers, excellent orientation program

Cons

With all the current construction, employees are not getting raises for 18 months as opposed to prior yearly reviews. Still trying to get Magnet status and encouraging RNs to get BSNs, but not offering any additional compensation to do so. Tuition reimbursement could be increased.

11. Dedicated staff. Ethical organization.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Middleburg Heights, OH

I worked at Southwest General Health Center part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Depends on department and manager. I had a good experience.

Cons

No career ladder for non-clinical personnel. Low pay rate.

RSS Feed </> Embed