Spa AT the Madison

Spa AT the Madison Reviews

4.0

CEO

love working here

Current Employee - Body Specialist  in  Burnaby, BC (Canada)
    Current Employee - Body Specialist in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

I have been working at Spa AT the Madison full-time for more than a year

Pros

I have worked here for the last year and have loved it. All the clients that come in to this spa are so nice and were very understanding when I first started working here and was new in the industry. The owner is very flexible about asking for time off and really helps you in anyway to get your career going. SInce working here I have completed almost all my dermalogica classes, had training with the universal contour wraps and the eurowave. I live all the way in kitsilano but there is simply no where else i would rather work.

Cons

far from where i live but worth it

Allowed me to learn and grow.

Current Employee - Esthetician  in  Burnaby, BC (Canada)
    Current Employee - Esthetician in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

I have been working at Spa AT the Madison full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Quaint day spa, with great clientele. Lots of opportunity for new esthetician to learn skills and grow professionally. Rena runs a very professional shop, although is very personally involved being such a small business. Sometimes too personal.....not necessarily bad, Lots of high quality product with opportunity to take classes and expand knowledge.

Cons

Not allot of walk by traffic so all clientele is word of mouth or social media driven. Service based industry so very tip dependent, as small business can't afford big salary, however comparable to industry standard.

More advertising and careful who you hire. Small shop can't afford negative energy as in the past, and clientele in very tight knit community so word gets around fast, can be positive and negative.

Boutique Spa with great neighborhood feel

I have been working at Spa AT the Madison

Pros

Great clientele and all services that are offered at high end spas. Easy to access with free street parking and quality products and services. Opportunity to learn due to the spa carrying higher end products and working with well known product lines. Also allows for possibility to earn commission on products as well as receiving discounts for employees on great product and services. Although spa is quaint, services keep up to date with clients demands for modern services.

Cons

Boutique size spa so space is limited and sometimes there is a client waiting list. Not a lot of walk by traffic.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great if you like doing everyone else's job, and having them call it "teamwork".

Former Employee - Esthetician  in  Burnaby, BC (Canada)
    Former Employee - Esthetician in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

I worked at Spa AT the Madison full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great clientele, convenient parking for free, skin care thraining through Dermalogica and Bio Sculpture.

Cons

Pay isn't very good considering minimum wage is 10$ and you'll be lucky to make 13$. Lazy employees make the new staff do all the work. Owner will expect you to be there half an hour early and stay up to an hour late. Doesn't pay overtime or holiday pay. Will take a percentage of your debit/visa tips.

Check out labour regulations. And review your staff behaviour and morale.

Worked for Spa AT the Madison? Contribute to the Community!