Space Coast Credit Union Reviews

21 reviews filtered by
Douglas R. Samuels

1. Not a good place for career growth

I worked at Space Coast Credit Union

Pros

SCCU, has good health benefits, 401k And paid time off. Most branches have good schedules. Credit Union closed all main holidays. Good training programs for new hire.

Cons

No room for advancement. Not many positions open for employees looking to grow and learn the different aspects of the financial field. Poor management. Poor upper management.

2. Terrible Job

I have been working at Space Coast Credit Union

Pros

It's a job and we get paid holidays.

Cons

Not very competive benefits. Overworked and underpaid positions. No structure or organization. Tons of turnover. No proper training. High stress level. Working 50+. Outdated technology and procedures. Lack of communication between departments.

Advice to Management

Properly train employees. Lower expectations for hiring, you're too short staffed to be that picky. Hire more people.

3. Worst place to work in Florida

Current Employee - Front Line Staff in Melbourne, FL
    Current Employee - Front Line Staff in Melbourne, FL

I have been working at Space Coast Credit Union full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Excellent benefits, great working with members, fair pay

Cons

Clicky management, poor training, front line staff always the last to know what's going on, constantly changing policies,constant equipment failure, bad moral

Advice to Management

Take a closer look at some of your management staff, lots of back stabbing going on!!!!

5. Excellent

I have been working at Space Coast Credit Union

Pros

Trust in Sr. Management
    Excellent benefits
    Suburb training program
    Paid time off

Cons

Working Saturdays on occasion.
    Not enough outside team building events

6. Quality Control Servicing Specialist

Former Employee - Quality Control Servicing Specialist in Melbourne, FL
    Former Employee - Quality Control Servicing Specialist in Melbourne, FL

I worked at Space Coast Credit Union full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great Credit Union to work for!

Excellent room for growth within the company. Very dedicated to employees and members.

Cons

Lots of changes in management, hard to get use to one face.

God Awful

Current Employee - Member Service Specialist in Vero Beach, FL
    Current Employee - Member Service Specialist in Vero Beach, FL

I have been working at Space Coast Credit Union full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Some of the members are nice. Apparently you need no experience to get a job.

Cons

Managers are encouraged to be awful, the CEO tells you the very first day if you start in Melbourne. They forced us to come in sick, made me change doctors appointments, even had to bring my child to work once. If they like you then you might be OK because they seem to protect the kiss ups, but if they decide they dont then you are on limited time. Sadly that seems to be just about every single person there. Turnover is huge, they are constantly having to hire new people. It takes six months to finish the training so that makes it very hard to get anyone with any knowledge in a branch. The systems are sadly outdated, the methods are like out of the 90s and their policies are absurd. Women are required to wear 1/2 inch heels but not too high or platforms, skirts at knee length not longer or shorter, no shiny shirts or sequins, some managers wont let you wear some nail polish colors, I was told that I would never get promoted if I kept putting my hair in a pony tail. You arent allowed to wear anything cotton. A male employee was made to show an upper manager the tag in his pants to prove that they werent stretch and contained no cotton. Because they were polyester it was OK. My manager would tell me that loans weren't mine and give them to other people that didnt earn them. The managers also have no idea how to do anything and constantly question the policies and procedures because they are lost. Low pay.

Advice to Management

Learn how to do everything that the MSS do or you arent a good judge of their performance. Don't steal loans from your workers, its shady and awful and you dont even get credit. Help the MSS to grow and learn and get sales not just berate them after they fail to make goals.

what what i was told

Current Employee - Mss
    Current Employee - Mss

I have been working at Space Coast Credit Union full-time

Pros

Full benefits from day one, was something I've never heard a company offer. You have full access the day of orientation. Pretty decent work environment, all depending on where you are located if in a branch. if you didn't have to do a 10 other job titles/duties its a great starting place. Very sales driven so if you like that this is for you.

Cons

environment- all depending on where your working it can vary from an great place to somewhere you would rather never set foot in again. All depending on those you work with (as with every job)

management- never seems to be on the same page and are biggest brown-nosers you'll ever see to upper management. most are undertrained and sometimes don't have an answer to your question or keep changing their answer depending on their mood

Sales- during my interview they stated they track sales but it was not their main concern, rather they would focus on member transactions. That was a complete load of lies. Monthly goals are greater than realistic for front line. was expected to close on sales before i was even in the branch for two weeks. very sales driven and almost have to annoy members

communication- between the many departments there are a lot of miscommunication. they can update on one side and not let others know of any changes being made and the expected outcome to handle change. would and still receive a lot of cold hand offs from other departments that leave front end staff looking bad since no information was passed on.

Advice to Management

provide more training than just telling me to use open end questions. no real continuing training, you can go months without using what you were shown for just a few hours before in training or were told to do.

Member Service

Current Employee - Member Service Specialist
    Current Employee - Member Service Specialist

I have been working at Space Coast Credit Union full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Lot of Responiblity Good work experience

Cons

Average Pay, upper Management needs work.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees, better system

Member Service Specialist

Current Employee - Member Service Specialist in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Member Service Specialist in Miami, FL

I have been working at Space Coast Credit Union full-time

Pros

competitive pay, above average paid time off, great 401k matching

Cons

This is the only financial institution that does not have a platform with bank representatives. All employees are on the teller line servicing every member need therefore no privacy, personal connection, or room for a strong financial relationship.

Advice to Management

Allow us to interact with our members just like every other bank does. Cost cutting measures will eventually lead to sub par performance by employees

11. Excellent job for a switch from retail

Current Employee - Member Service Specialist II in Volusia, FL
    Current Employee - Member Service Specialist II in Volusia, FL

I have been working at Space Coast Credit Union full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Competitive pay for high school graduates
    Banker holidays (paid)
    Excellent training program for MSS
    Advancement available for VERY dedicated associates
    Vacation time / sick time rolled over from year to year

Cons

Uneducated managers / employees (due to high school graduate minimum)
    You can never disagree w/ management, shut up and do what you're told
    Required overtime when short staffed (which is frequent)
    HIGH turnover
    You have to play a strong social game with employees and management

Advice to Management

You need to higher competent and EDUCATED managers.