Spacelabs Healthcare Reviews

Updated July 1, 2014

2.5

Spacelabs Healthcare CEO Deepak Chopra
Deepak Chopra

The worst work experience of my life.

Former Employee - Sales Representative

I worked at Spacelabs Healthcare full-time for more than a year

Pros

The best training of my life

Cons

New Management came in decided to just get rid of people. I was at 106.3% to quota and the let me go anyway.

You probably don't care about anyone except yourself. Learn not to be so short sited.

Used to have a great product and engineering. Now basically outdated and a me-too product

I worked at Spacelabs Healthcare full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

There are some good people at Spacelabs and they have a reputation for good engineering

Cons

Company invested too much in the anesthesia product and damaged their core product. Sales management is pretty much adhering to the latest sales fad of churn and burn. Management has been going downhill for five years

Upper ,management needs to get a clue and listen to the veterans...of course most veterans have left in the last several years. Deepak Chopra the has good intentions and runs OSI very well, but Spacelabs is drifting.

My dream job!

Current Employee - Executive Assistant
    Current Employee - Executive Assistant

I have been working at Spacelabs Healthcare

Pros

Great fellow employees, great boss, great benefits, great location, competitive pay

Cons

Existing silos, but senior management is working hard to change the environment

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Workaholic culture, the company owns you once you start.

I have been working at Spacelabs Healthcare

Pros

The company offers a great foundation of high-tech medical capital equipment, coupled with in-depth IT infrastructure experience which can open the door to better employment opportunities down the road. If you have a large installed base of customers you can earn a very good living, but if that is lacking, you will be constantly clawing at the heels of much larger, more resourceful, and better respected competitors.

Cons

Work/life balance is non-existent. You are expected to work all day in the field and then attend meetings/conf calls in the evening frequently, in addition to working on weekends and holidays. If you go on vacation and something blows up at one of your accounts, you will be called and potentially have come home early to address the issue. In addition to all the meetings, reps spend too much time on slow, antiquated, cumbersome technology "productivity" tools for quoting and account management (Lotus Notes), and compiling all the mandatory Bluesheets and reports needed by management, which gives you very little time for actual prospecting of new business. Middle management loves to continuously tell all the stories of the people they have fired over the years, which makes for a very uncomfortable and stressful environment-your job is never safe here. Necessary support personnel for presentations, implementations, and training are slim and over-booked, so it's a constant juggling act of meeting customer timelines and scheduling SL personnel-which leads to poor customer perception that we don't have our act together. They will regale you with the riches that await you in the bonus plan (true if you're 250% of quota) but overall comp at plan is pretty average (if not on the low end, if you take into consideration all the "overtime" you put in). Overall, there are many other medical device sales positions out there with less stress, better products, and better balance for the same, if not more, money.

Retire. Most of the senior management has come from long tenures at previous competitors and don't understand the Spacelabs differentiators. Invest consistently in R&D so your sales executives are not selling the same equipment they did in the 90's.

Great place to work.

Current Employee - Software Test Engineer II
    Current Employee - Software Test Engineer II

I have been working at Spacelabs Healthcare

Pros

Great technology & products, fantastic but aging work force.

Cons

Never know when the axe might fall.

Senoir management needs to understand that software development always takes twice the time anticipated.

Economy showing weakness in Senior Management.

I worked at Spacelabs Healthcare

Pros

how the monitors connect with the hospitals network is the best in the industry. Field staff, including sales, service and nurse educators are dedicated to winning business and taking care of the customers

Cons

Old product line. Senior management is reactive because it is very thin, resources are thin throughout the company.

if the other parts of the organization, especially product development, were held accountable to performance as strictly as the sales organization - Spacelabs would be much better off.

When I was hired last year I was told Spacelabs felt like a big family. It felt that way for a few months, but that feeling is gone by everybody I spoke with recently in the company.

Worked for Spacelabs Healthcare? Contribute to the Community!