SpareFoot

SpareFoot Reviews

Updated Jul 15, 2014

Chuck Gordon

SpareFoot is THE Best Place to Work

ProsAmazing culture and environment. Highly motivated team that truly cares about the company and success. Huge opportunity in big sleepy industry that is ripe for innovation.

ConsLots of change is required to scale a company so you need to be expecting that.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you are doing!

A team of humble geniuses all working towards a really big (and exciting) vision.

Product (Current Employee) Austin, TX

ProsLots of opportunity--you feel like this company is going somewhere big and you get to be apart of that really big opportunity.

Smart people w/o the politics--leadership has done a great job hiring really talented people and reducing any cross-company politics. We all have a lot of faith in each other and are willing to make adjustments so that the company succeeds.

ConsLots of change--as a growing startup we're constantly adapting and adjusting to new needs in the business. Changes that I've experienced at SpareFoot are almost always for the better, but may not be the right fit for people who want lots of stability.

Aggressive growth goals--we work (really) hard to maintain a steep growth trajectory. This may not be a good fit for people that want a more relaxed work environment.

The Best Place to Work in Austin without a doubt. If You Get a Chance to Join, Jump at the Opportunity

Sales (Current Employee) Austin, TX

ProsGreat vision. Leadership of all divisions is phenomenal and truly believe in the culture. Completely transparent. All ego's are checked at the door. No internal titles are even allowed. Great growth potential. Once in a lifetime company

ConsSuper fast growing some encountering the normal problems associated with that.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep the Mojo of the organization sacred

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

If you long for a real team environment, this is the place to work.

ACE Team (Current Employee) Austin, TX

ProsYou can affect change at this company, everyone values your input. Sometimes what you want can't be done as quickly as you would like, but its not a matter of not wanting to make changes, but there are so many projects and changes in the works. That is a good thing. Working at SpareFoot is fun and we are great big community working toward a common goal. We don't value titles, but have a great responsive leadership team that values everyone. Parties always bring a great sense of community and allow people to relax after a long day of work.

ConsWork/life balance can be challenging at times. One of our values is Work Hard, Play Hard. This means you work really, really hard. But you know why you do it and that your work is affecting change for our customers. Everyone works equally as hard, if not more, so you do this willingly. Your pets may hate you for it.

Advice to Senior ManagementWe know you value us, keep it up. Always stay connected, it is one of the forces that drives us to work so hard.

Best Place to Work, No Doubt.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Austin, TX

ProsSpareFoot allows you to build a career that you have control over, your boss trusts you to do your work (we hire the right people, so managers don't have to micro-manage their team) and you have direct access to the CEO. Don't even get me started on the perks...HH every other Friday, parties all the time, free lunch by our amazing chef everyday, stock options and free healthcare! What else could I ask for? You also always feel appreciated and respected by your co-workers no matter what your position since there is no hierarchy. The company genuinely cares about your life and what you want out of it.

ConsIt is still a startup, so if you don't like coming up with your own ideas and being thrown into a job you've never done before (or you like rules and structure around your life) then SpareFoot probably isn't for you.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't be corrupted by your past job, allow your employees to explore and help them succeed at what they do best.

Best place I've ever worked

Developer (Current Employee) Austin, TX

ProsAwesome people dedicated to kicking ass at their mission and providing an excellent atmosphere in which to do so. Downtown office, catered lunch everyday, bi-weekly office parties, stocked bar/kitchen, flexible schedules. Office games and annual startup-olympics help to create a true sense of team spirit. The company is constantly finding new ways to improve the lives of employees.

ConsI'll never be able to find another job this good.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep it up!

Great People and Great Company

Pros- Rapidly growing business with lots of fun challenges and opportunities
    - Great ideas get discovered and implemented everyday
    - People and culture are the highest priority
    - Open working environment and no politics
    - Everyone contributes to success

ConsWe can't find and build-out office space fast enough.

Best place to work in Austin...no seriously it is.

Sales (Current Employee) Austin, TX

ProsFun, Relaxed, casual environment, with total transparency. I have learned more about building a sustainable business here in 2 years than in my previous 15 years of experience at other tech start ups.

ConsNeed more conference rooms and space for growth.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep SpareFoot weird and transparent!

SpareFun, SpareFood, and SpareFoosball

Support (Current Employee) Austin, TX

ProsThis company is absolutely incredible. I honestly enjoy coming to work each day, where I spend time with incredible people motivated only by the success of the group (not for their own self validation, their paycheck, or their ego). We don't work a 9-5, and we don't want to. I spend the entire day laughing with people who have become a second family to me.

ConsSpareFoot is so thoroughly awesome - the un-PC culture, the incredible ability to learn directly from members of each department, etc. I don't think I'll ever be able to work anywhere else!

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep it awesome. We're growing, and large companies can be lame. Let's not be lame!

The best opportunity to build a career, learn a ton, and seriously get stuff done.

Marketing Manager (Current Employee) Austin, TX

ProsSuper genius coworkers, plenty of opportunities to take ownership and be empowered, so much to learn and do, every day is different and exciting, fun culture with no shortage of great parties, transparency and access to principals, no pretentiousness, very accommodating of employee needs, company is actually going places and doing something totally unique in our industry.

ConsCan't complain, but there is a 20-word minimum for this section. I am sometimes stressed, but this is self-inflicted and the byproduct of what's actually a good thing— the massive, never-ending to-do list. Love it!

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep being awesome!

Worked for SpareFoot? Contribute to the Community!