SpareFoot Reviews

5.0

Chuck Gordon

Best place I've worked

I have been working at SpareFoot full-time

Pros

Great startup with lots of interesting people. It's growing very fast and things are always changing so it is challenging but the environment is very supportive. Amazing benefits including free health insurance, free lunches, happy hours with open tabs, stand up desks, parking downtown, and unlimited paid vacation time.

Cons

With such quick growth, upper "management" can be stretched thin. Because of the casual and supportive environment, sometimes under-performers go under the radar.

Great Company with great benefits.

Former Employee - Lead Development Representative in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Lead Development Representative in Austin, TX

I worked at SpareFoot full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Culture, Culture, Culture. The ability to move up in the company and advance yourself.

Cons

Like any growing company there is always a lot on everyone plate and sometimes things get put on the backburner.

Never take any idea with a grain of salt.

Amazing Place to Work!

Current Employee - ACE Team Member in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - ACE Team Member in Austin, TX

I have been working at SpareFoot full-time (less than an year)

Pros

There are so many things right I won't even bother with a list! The bottom line is that they actually care about their people, and understand that happy employees equal a strong company.

Cons

I think it's a pro, but they expect a lot from their people. Slackers need not apply.

There's really not a 'management'...so my advice is to stay ambiguous.

SpareFoot is THE Best Place to Work

I have been working at SpareFoot full-time

Pros

Amazing culture and environment. Highly motivated team that truly cares about the company and success. Huge opportunity in big sleepy industry that is ripe for innovation.

Cons

Lots of change is required to scale a company so you need to be expecting that.

Keep doing what you are doing!

A team of humble geniuses all working towards a really big (and exciting) vision.

Current Employee - Product in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Product in Austin, TX

I have been working at SpareFoot full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Lots of opportunity--you feel like this company is going somewhere big and you get to be apart of that really big opportunity.

Smart people w/o the politics--leadership has done a great job hiring really talented people and reducing any cross-company politics. We all have a lot of faith in each other and are willing to make adjustments so that the company succeeds.

Cons

Lots of change--as a growing startup we're constantly adapting and adjusting to new needs in the business. Changes that I've experienced at SpareFoot are almost always for the better, but may not be the right fit for people who want lots of stability.

Aggressive growth goals--we work (really) hard to maintain a steep growth trajectory. This may not be a good fit for people that want a more relaxed work environment.

The Best Place to Work in Austin without a doubt. If You Get a Chance to Join, Jump at the Opportunity

Current Employee - Sales in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Sales in Austin, TX

I have been working at SpareFoot full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great vision. Leadership of all divisions is phenomenal and truly believe in the culture. Completely transparent. All ego's are checked at the door. No internal titles are even allowed. Great growth potential. Once in a lifetime company

Cons

Super fast growing some encountering the normal problems associated with that.

Keep the Mojo of the organization sacred

If you long for a real team environment, this is the place to work.

Current Employee - ACE Team in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - ACE Team in Austin, TX

I have been working at SpareFoot full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

You can affect change at this company, everyone values your input. Sometimes what you want can't be done as quickly as you would like, but its not a matter of not wanting to make changes, but there are so many projects and changes in the works. That is a good thing. Working at SpareFoot is fun and we are great big community working toward a common goal. We don't value titles, but have a great responsive leadership team that values everyone. Parties always bring a great sense of community and allow people to relax after a long day of work.

Cons

Work/life balance can be challenging at times. One of our values is Work Hard, Play Hard. This means you work really, really hard. But you know why you do it and that your work is affecting change for our customers. Everyone works equally as hard, if not more, so you do this willingly. Your pets may hate you for it.

We know you value us, keep it up. Always stay connected, it is one of the forces that drives us to work so hard.

Best Place to Work, No Doubt.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at SpareFoot full-time (more than an year)

Pros

SpareFoot allows you to build a career that you have control over, your boss trusts you to do your work (we hire the right people, so managers don't have to micro-manage their team) and you have direct access to the CEO. Don't even get me started on the perks...HH every other Friday, parties all the time, free lunch by our amazing chef everyday, stock options and free healthcare! What else could I ask for? You also always feel appreciated and respected by your co-workers no matter what your position since there is no hierarchy. The company genuinely cares about your life and what you want out of it.

Cons

It is still a startup, so if you don't like coming up with your own ideas and being thrown into a job you've never done before (or you like rules and structure around your life) then SpareFoot probably isn't for you.

Don't be corrupted by your past job, allow your employees to explore and help them succeed at what they do best.

Best place I've ever worked

Current Employee - Developer in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Developer in Austin, TX

I have been working at SpareFoot full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Awesome people dedicated to kicking ass at their mission and providing an excellent atmosphere in which to do so. Downtown office, catered lunch everyday, bi-weekly office parties, stocked bar/kitchen, flexible schedules. Office games and annual startup-olympics help to create a true sense of team spirit. The company is constantly finding new ways to improve the lives of employees.

Cons

I'll never be able to find another job this good.

Keep it up!

Great People and Great Company

I have been working at SpareFoot full-time

Pros

- Rapidly growing business with lots of fun challenges and opportunities
    - Great ideas get discovered and implemented everyday
    - People and culture are the highest priority
    - Open working environment and no politics
    - Everyone contributes to success

Cons

We can't find and build-out office space fast enough.