SpareFoot Reviews

5.0
Chuck Gordon

1. Really great company, hours can be long

I worked at SpareFoot

Pros

-Free lunch, snacks, drinks
    -Flexible PTO, very supportive of employees who need to take time off for personal/health issues
    -Casual, relaxed office environment
    -Lots of social events

Cons

-Can be hard to strike a work/life balance
    -Hours can be long at times
    -Company is young and trying out lots of different ways of doing things, not necessarily bad but can be stressfull

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing! Keep working to maintain the original company of culture even with lots of growth.

2. Hard work and fun people!

I have been working at SpareFoot

Pros

Everyone in the company makes themselves accessible, information is transparent and openly discussed, and people genuinely care about doing their jobs well.

Cons

Sometimes long hours, but it's almost always self-inflicted

3. The Best Job I've Ever Had

Current Employee - ACE in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - ACE in Austin, TX

I have been working at SpareFoot full-time (More than a year)

Pros

As an intelligent and driven person, it's so refreshing to be treated like an adult with valuable input. I'm trusted with a ton of responsibility and constantly challenged to better myself and others. I wake up each day looking forward to going to work. Amazing co-workers makes it really feel like a family.

Cons

Some might consider the lack of structure a con. I don't, but I know if you need an instruction manual or prefer stability, this might not be a great fit. It's also a very demanding job, so if you're used to leaving your work at the door when you head home or only working 40 hour weeks, you may want to look elsewhere.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

5. Best place I've worked

I have been working at SpareFoot full-time

Pros

Great startup with lots of interesting people. It's growing very fast and things are always changing so it is challenging but the environment is very supportive. Amazing benefits including free health insurance, free lunches, happy hours with open tabs, stand up desks, parking downtown, and unlimited paid vacation time.

Cons

With such quick growth, upper "management" can be stretched thin. Because of the casual and supportive environment, sometimes under-performers go under the radar.

6. Great Company with great benefits.

Former Employee - Lead Development Representative in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Lead Development Representative in Austin, TX

I worked at SpareFoot full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Culture, Culture, Culture. The ability to move up in the company and advance yourself.

Cons

Like any growing company there is always a lot on everyone plate and sometimes things get put on the backburner.

Advice to Management

Never take any idea with a grain of salt.

7. Amazing Place to Work!

Current Employee - ACE Team Member in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - ACE Team Member in Austin, TX

I have been working at SpareFoot full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There are so many things right I won't even bother with a list! The bottom line is that they actually care about their people, and understand that happy employees equal a strong company.

Cons

I think it's a pro, but they expect a lot from their people. Slackers need not apply.

Advice to Management

There's really not a 'management'...so my advice is to stay ambiguous.

8. SpareFoot is THE Best Place to Work

I have been working at SpareFoot full-time

Pros

Amazing culture and environment. Highly motivated team that truly cares about the company and success. Huge opportunity in big sleepy industry that is ripe for innovation.

Cons

Lots of change is required to scale a company so you need to be expecting that.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing!

If you long for a real team environment, this is the place to work.

Current Employee - ACE Team in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - ACE Team in Austin, TX

I have been working at SpareFoot full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You can affect change at this company, everyone values your input. Sometimes what you want can't be done as quickly as you would like, but its not a matter of not wanting to make changes, but there are so many projects and changes in the works. That is a good thing. Working at SpareFoot is fun and we are great big community working toward a common goal. We don't value titles, but have a great responsive leadership team that values everyone. Parties always bring a great sense of community and allow people to relax after a long day of work.

Cons

Work/life balance can be challenging at times. One of our values is Work Hard, Play Hard. This means you work really, really hard. But you know why you do it and that your work is affecting change for our customers. Everyone works equally as hard, if not more, so you do this willingly. Your pets may hate you for it.

Advice to Management

We know you value us, keep it up. Always stay connected, it is one of the forces that drives us to work so hard.

The Best Place to Work in Austin without a doubt. If You Get a Chance to Join, Jump at the Opportunity

Current Employee - Sales in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Sales in Austin, TX

I have been working at SpareFoot full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great vision. Leadership of all divisions is phenomenal and truly believe in the culture. Completely transparent. All ego's are checked at the door. No internal titles are even allowed. Great growth potential. Once in a lifetime company

Cons

Super fast growing some encountering the normal problems associated with that.

Advice to Management

Keep the Mojo of the organization sacred

A team of humble geniuses all working towards a really big (and exciting) vision.

Current Employee - Product in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Product in Austin, TX

I have been working at SpareFoot full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Lots of opportunity--you feel like this company is going somewhere big and you get to be apart of that really big opportunity.

Smart people w/o the politics--leadership has done a great job hiring really talented people and reducing any cross-company politics. We all have a lot of faith in each other and are willing to make adjustments so that the company succeeds.

Cons

Lots of change--as a growing startup we're constantly adapting and adjusting to new needs in the business. Changes that I've experienced at SpareFoot are almost always for the better, but may not be the right fit for people who want lots of stability.

Aggressive growth goals--we work (really) hard to maintain a steep growth trajectory. This may not be a good fit for people that want a more relaxed work environment.