Spark Experience Reviews

Spencer Gerrol

1. Extraordinary company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I have been working at Spark Experience (Less than a year)

Pros

- The senior management really care about the employees well-being and growth - Their website designs and content work are amazing, the best I've ever seen - The UX research is cutting edge and they're doing ground-breaking biometric work - Great location in Bethesda near restaurants and shops

Cons

- Salary not as high as big agencies

Advice to Management

- We're growing out of our space!

2. Absolutely Wonderful!

Pros

The environment, the people, the experience. It is an all around great place to work. I worked as an intern there for only four months, but in those four months I experienced the camaraderie, the drive for success, and the passion for providing the best service possible. If you want to learn from the best, work at Spark.

Cons

If you enjoy working independently and do not work well in a collaborative and highly productive environment, then this is not the place for you.

Advice to Management

Keep on doing what you are doing.

3. Great People

Current Employee - Web Developer in Bethesda, MD
    Current Employee - Web Developer in Bethesda, MD

I have been working at Spark Experience full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- People - The design work is fun to develop for. Spark has some fantastic designers and they are a pleasure to partner with on projects - Unlimited time off, while available, not taken advantage of enough by anyone. It's nice not to count down your vacation days.

Cons

- Pay (The office is now in Bethesda but the pay does not reflect the local cost of living; most employees live 30+ mins from the office) - Variance in work (Almost 90% client websites with the off app design here and there. Gets redundant after a while)

Advice to Management

- Keep investing in culture and don't let the constant flow of projects distract from getting to know and investing in our team members - There needs to be a dedicated and trained project manager on the projects

5. One of the best companies to work for

Current Employee - User Experience Designer in Bethesda, MD
    Current Employee - User Experience Designer in Bethesda, MD

I have been working at Spark Experience full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Medical, dental insurance & other health perks like a free UP! Unlimited vacation days.

Cons

Projects are so fun, employees stay late sometimes to work on them.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing!

Incredible experience

Current Employee - Strategy Advisor in Rockville, MD
    Current Employee - Strategy Advisor in Rockville, MD

I have been working at Spark Experience part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Enabling Fun Conducive environment Encourages great work Friendly team environment Supportive excellent management One of the most supportive and friendly places I have worked - definitely encourages and brings out my best work.

Cons

The current SPARK office can sometimes seem like a crowded workspace - A larger workspace could go a long way in helping/facilitating growth - adding more personality to it could also foster creativity as well.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. MAybe integrate an hour a week to have "all agency" meetings where teams can talk about current and upcoming projects.

Small Company, Big Future

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD

I have been working at Spark Experience full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Seeing first hand a small start-up company grow in size and prominence. Terrific people. Informal but professional work environment. Flexible schedule, including the ability to work outside of the office, which is perfect for a first-time parent with a baby at home. The work is consistently interesting and diverse.

Cons

Small office. But moving soon to a bigger space.

Great Company to Work For

Current Employee - Interactive Designer
    Current Employee - Interactive Designer

I have been working at Spark Experience full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great knowledgeable co-workers with excellent management and fun projects.

Cons

The commute is a little long for me.

Advice to Management

I would love to attend more conferences.

Interesting, Exciting and Collaborative Company

Pros

-Highly collaborative environment with a great team mentality -Inspiring, creative and dedicated colleagues who are passionate about their work -Very flexible, comfortable setting and accommodating, caring management -Management encourages learning and growth for employees -Wide range of interesting clients, which leads to exciting and inspiring projects

Cons

n/a - I am very satisfied working with this company

Advice to Management

It has been exciting to see this company grow. Keep doing what you have been doing to continue expanding and evolving!

Innovative and exciting user experience research creative agency!

I have been working at Spark Experience full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Incredible team members, bright, fun, ambitious, creative, and collaborative. I am constantly learning from our team and enjoying there humor and ideas as well! I love the entrepreneurial spirit and camaraderie of the team. Also, our team are experts at the top of their fields in cognitive psychology and behavioral research as well as interactive design and web development languages. The benefits of flex work locations and hours, vacation policy, and professional development opportunities keep SPARK even more competitive in the industry!

Cons

Small office, but we are moving in July and will have plenty of space and a User Experience Research Lab.

11. Brilliant coworkers, fascinating projects, and dynamic workplace.

Current Employee - Founder & Chief Executive Officer in Bethesda, MD
    Current Employee - Founder & Chief Executive Officer in Bethesda, MD

I have been working at Spark Experience full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

To me a job is about enjoying what you do every day and there are two main factors that affect that. (1) Having brilliant and fun coworkers means you enjoy your days and are constantly learning and growing. At SPARK Experience, we are surrounded by amazing experience, talent, and good people. It's a happy and motivational environment. (2) The projects that you work on can make or break the job depending on how interesting your daily tasks are. There is no job I know of quite as dynamic and interesting as the work we do at SPARK Experience. From big Fortune 500 companies to amazing nonprofits to startups, the job keeps you on your toes and expands our knowledge everyday.

Cons

Our office is too small for the number of people packed into it. That makes it hard to have phone calls and quiet time to concentrate. Fortunately, the office is moving to a space five times the size in July 2013. Also, we can work from home whenever we want to, so that helps too.

Advice to Management

SPARK Experience is made up by individuals coming together. Keep treating the individuals and the team right and we will keep being successful and having fun while we're at it.

RSS Feed </> Embed