Sparks Personnel Services

Updated Jun 28, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Steve Sparks

Great company to work for!!!

Staff Recruiter (Former Employee)

ProsI had a great experience with SPARKS. The leadership and executive teams give you the opportunity to develop your professional skills by providing on going training, and staying in communication with employees. You feel like a valued team member, working towards the overall mission of the organization.

ConsCurrent ATS system is slow and repetitive, an upgrade would do wonders to productivity.

Disgusting company to work for

Software Architect (Former Employee) McLean, VA

Pros"Temporary" service "Temporary" service "Temporary" service

Cons1. They silently decreased the pay rate agreed initially and restored it after 3 month with no compensation
    2. They made mistake in my W2 form
    3. They didn't want to correct that mistake and I was forced to apply to IRS

Placed me in the wrong company

Quality Inspector (Former Employee) Sterling, VA

Proswork-life balance, found a job fast,

Consmanagement doesn't care about you only about making money

Advice to Senior ManagementOne of the recruiters placed me in a company that only accepted US citizen while I only had a work permit. I did not find out about this until it was time to change from temp to permanent, and they realized Sparks had made a mistake and I shouldn't had been there in the first place.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A Temporary Service.

Temp (Current Employee) Herndon, VA

ProsIt's a company that has their own self interest in mind

ConsIt's a company that has their own self interest in mind

Great, Honest place to work that values the work life balance

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Tysons Corner, VA

ProsUpper / Middle Management have great communication skills to set realistic expectations. This allows for a fun, work hard balance. They make you want to work hard and better yourself in your career.

ConsTheir is never a slow day, but that is to be expected :)

HMMMM Looks like Sparks is putting in its own reviews to pump up it's overall rating.

Associate Manager (Former Employee)

ProsNot sure I can recall any.

ConsI read the recent reviews and had to chuckle. I have to say they are exactly like every other staffing service out there, pushing sales over service EVERYTIME. The salaries are way out of line with what is posted on here. As a former Associate Manager for three years I never made the kind of money they claim and I worked my tail off.

They claim the have a work life balance well I can say I was almost always the first in and the last out working long hours with little to no return. Going out and getting drunk after work is not FUN at work it is drinking away the problems.

They tend to fill their respective staff with mostly young women and typically white women just out of college with little to no business sense. About half the staff was nice the rest were kind of snobby, rude and just plain mean spirited.

I agree with the other posting that the team of upper management is all just a bunch of bullies. Specifically one or two come to mind who do in fact talk about other staff. They seem to always be spreading rumors and gossip. There is always drama with the internal staff.
    FYI They will take away the 401K whenever things get a little tough.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe also have a serious leadership problem. We know your heart is not in it, your just there for the easy $. Sell the company already!

DC Office was OK

Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) Washington, DC

ProsGreat local connections where you can get your foot in the door.

ConsThe Sparks office recruiters tend to form an opinion of you very quickly, and will always listen to the person next to them.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease take greater interest in your "talent". Teach the recruiters to be independent thinkers.

Found me an excellent job quickly and I got started right away

Research Analyst (Former Employee) Springfield, VA

ProsSparks has a quick-expedited hiring process as long as your background meets current contracts. The staff is friendly, helpful and very responsive to employee issues.

ConsI was contracted out to another company which was contracted to another organization. The pay was on the low end of what I was expecting but it got me a job that helped propel my career.

Excellent organization with talented people who are savvy professionals- but genuine & fun at the same time

Branch Manager (Current Employee) Washington, DC

ProsThe people, the culture and feeling passionate about making a difference each day

ConsThe industry itself can be tough at times- but the rewards outweigh every day. if you are meant to work in staffing, Sparks is by far the best company in the DC area.

Working with Sparks Personnel Services was a great experience for me.

Executive Administrative (Former Employee) Rockville, MD

ProsGreat hourly pay rates., friendly staff, and highly recommended.

ConsLack of consistant assignments when current assignment is completed.

Advice to Senior ManagementSparks Personnel Services is still to me one of the greatest staffing agencies around!

Worked for Sparks Personnel Services? Contribute to the Community!