Spartanburg Regional Healthcare System

www.spartanburgregional.com

Spartanburg Regional Healthcare System Reviews

Updated Jul 22, 2014
Spartanburg Regional Healthcare System – Spartanburg – “SRHS”

Spartanburg Regional Healthcare System – Spartanburg – “SRHS”

Bruce Holstien

Excellent EMS system to work for

Senior Paramedic (Current Employee) Spartanburg, SC

ProsFlexible scheduling including shift swaps, paid time off, and leave without pay. Nice equipment and very nice trucks.

ConsNo shift differential for EMS despite other hospital departments receiving them.

Good interview.

Information Systems (Current Employee) Spartanburg, SC

ProsGreat place. Management is fair.

ConsNot much room for promotion.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your people more.

I enjoyed my time there.

ProsProfessional and caring staff. Dedicated to helping patients.

ConsLong hours. Yet right amount of breaks.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great place to work

ProsGreat benefits and working environment

ConsExpensive insurance and pay not competitive

The Legal Department at Spartanburg Regional Healthcare Systems

Real Estate Paralegal (Former Employee) Spartanburg, SC

ProsGreat pay!
    Great benefits!
    Very understanding regarding absences due to kid related matters and doctor's appointments.

ConsWas not given an accurate job description.
    Office culture was not a company strong suit. I was put in an office with the door closed and was not allowed to interact with other individuals from my department or outside my department.

Advice to Senior ManagementImplement better training programs.
    Have more social events so that employees can get to know one another.

Provided a great atmosphere for learning more about non-profit real estate legal proceedings.

Real Estate Paralegal (Former Employee) Spartanburg, SC

ProsGained vast knowledge and experience working with various hospital space lease agreements.

ConsFelt unprepared for the task at times, would loved to have had more training.

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide additional training where needed.

Hospital Employed Physician

Staff Physician (Current Employee) Spartanburg, SC

ProsThere are no pros about this place, run away if you remotely value your beliefs and having a good life.

ConsAs a staff physician for the last 5 years, I can tell you the institution does not cater to physicians. They are focussed on protocols and always making sure that people are in line with the studer method... before that it was the fish philosophy.... and after studer it will be some other new scheme.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou are trying to intimidate and weed out your biggest and most prized possession, the physicians that make up the strong medical staff. As great physicians are leaving your hospital for Mary Black, Greenville Memorial and St.Francis, hope you wake up and smell the coffee before it is too late. You can't run a hospital with new grads who are just too green to question the current way of practice. You can't just dump all the work on the primary care docs and continue to give the consultants the easy life. It's going to end up hurting you in the long run. Please do not take these comments lightly. This has become an awful place to practice.

Shiny on the outside, needs some cleaning on the inside.

ProsBig hospital, big budget. Lots of shiny new equipment and interesting patient cases.

ConsManagement is too focused on paperwork, policies, and patient satisfaction scores to realize that their staff is overworked, low on experience, and tired of being nit-picked to death. Experienced staff is jumping ship, leaving staff fresh out of school to handle things. If a patient complains, it's automatically the immediate floor staff's fault, not the doctors. The doctors are coddled and fed (catered), and heaven forbid the other staff challenge their authority. Management is too top heavy. Too many people with BS positions that constantly challenge direct patient caregivers about what they are doing.

Advice to Senior ManagementWork with your direct patient caregivers occasionally, especially on night shift or weekends, when half the support staff is gone. Short staffing = low patient satisfaction scores.

Average in all areas

IT Manager (Current Employee) Spartanburg, SC

ProsSalary and benefits very competitive

ConsResources are stressed; a lot of change in management at top

Employees are expendable

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Spartanburg, SC

ProsDiscounts on cell phone service!

ConsEmployees are seen as equipment. Cleanliness is subpar. Facility in high crime neighborhood. Employee car theft is not uncommon. Unprofessional HR department. CEO is from Texas. Executives highly elitist. System focuses on marketing rather than improving morale or patient care. Equipment is frequently broken or out of date. Management staff out of touch with reality. Physicians are coddled-free food, mega bonuses, no accountability, perks too numerous to name. System attempts to bleed money back out of employees via the old company store method. Employees constantly solicited to donate to SRHS "Foundation", united way, and various other hospital related causes.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat all employees as humans, regardless of title. Focus less on covering up bad PR and more on providing quality care

Worked for Spartanburg Regional Healthcare System? Contribute to the Community!