Spartanburg Regional Healthcare System

3.3
Bruce Holstien

1. It's OK.

I have been working at Spartanburg Regional Healthcare System

Pros

Still looking for a good reason.

Cons

Getting a schedule to meet your needs, benefits are not good.

2. Spartanburg cares about the patients

I have been working at Spartanburg Regional Healthcare System full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Benefits, work environment, friendly place to work

Cons

Top down management with little opportunity for input from middle managers

PCA

I have been working at Spartanburg Regional Healthcare System full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Love my Co workers, no drama on the unit.
    There are some amazing people that work in this hospital. Benefits are moderate.

Cons

Pay is not competitive. Management cares nothing about its employees. Nit picking is excessive while important things are over looked. The budget is constantly an issue with people being sent home leaving those left over worked. Attendance policy is despicable for a hospital. If you forget to clock in or out, you earn occurances like crazy. If you have the flu and call out, it's an occurrence. If employee health says you're too sick to work and sends you home, it's an occurrence. If you are admitted to the hospital in one of their beds, still am occurrence. 8 occurrence and sorry, bye bye. If you have a fever and possible Ebola.... sorry you better be at work or earn an occurance! They don't care what you expose your Co workers and patients to as long as you're at work. There are NO excused absences. Period. No exception.
    Upper management is floating around on a cloud somewhere looking for the next band Wagon to jump on. Currently it's Studer and all staff spouting scripted lines line a bunch of trained monkeys. Talking to your staff for input might get you a little further towards patient satisfaction! ! Morale is terrible because everyone is terrified of forgetting to clock in and getting fired or getting their hands slapped for something that probably wasn't they're fault to begin with.
    Other than all that, it's an awesome place to work. Too bad we can't get a CEO and Management to care more about who lines their pockets than how to line then a little more.

Watch some under cover boss episodes. Mingle. Stop treating employees like they're so expendable and more like humans. We all have lives and families too. There are some amazing employees at this hospital, stop treating them like bad, uneducated school children. Stop looking for the next big trend and try getting some input from the people who actually RUN this hospital on a daily basis. Not like you care, your employee engagement survey has been telling you this for years, you don't listen. So what's the point

Horrible inside and out

I worked at Spartanburg Regional Healthcare System full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I found no positives about working here

Cons

The management staff lie to prospective employees in order to get them to accept a position here. Once you begin you find out the hard way that the hours are longer, the call is twice what you expected, and that management is out to pass the buck and blame the staff for everything. I have never hated working somewhere so much in my entire career. I love healthcare and taking care of patients but this place is enough to make even the most dedicated want to give up. All the good employees that I worked along side of (including many physicians) have since jumped ship (including me) and only the lazy bad people are left (presumably because they can't get hired anywhere else). I would not go here as an employee or a patient for that matter. Working here is was by far the worst career move I ever made!!!

Fire all management staff, support employees instead of working them to death, be honest about the job you are trying to fill.

6. Well treated by management on a daily basis.

Current Employee - Patient Account Representative in Spartanburg, SC
    Current Employee - Patient Account Representative in Spartanburg, SC

I have been working at Spartanburg Regional Healthcare System full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Reasonable wages for the area. Promote healthy life habits.I am fortunate to work for physician practice so am given more flexible hours than hospital gives. The practice is family friendly. Many supportive co-workers.

Cons

Medium to poor health benefits. Very limited parking situation requiring 8 - 12 minutes walk to get from car to desk. No allowance made for employees with walking problems.

Consider flex-time , job-share positions, offer more skilled office part-time positions. I am considering leaving because no part time is allowed in my position.

7. Excellent EMS system to work for

Current Employee - Senior Paramedic in Spartanburg, SC
    Current Employee - Senior Paramedic in Spartanburg, SC

Pros

Flexible scheduling including shift swaps, paid time off, and leave without pay. Nice equipment and very nice trucks.

Cons

No shift differential for EMS despite other hospital departments receiving them.

8. Good interview.

Current Employee - Information Systems in Spartanburg, SC
    Current Employee - Information Systems in Spartanburg, SC

Pros

Great place. Management is fair.

Cons

Not much room for promotion.

Listen to your people more.

9. I enjoyed my time there.

Current Intern - Anonymous Intern
    Current Intern - Anonymous Intern

I have been working at Spartanburg Regional Healthcare System as an intern

Pros

Professional and caring staff. Dedicated to helping patients.

Cons

Long hours. Yet right amount of breaks.

None

10. Great place to work

I have been working at Spartanburg Regional Healthcare System full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Great benefits and working environment

Cons

Expensive insurance and pay not competitive

11. The Legal Department at Spartanburg Regional Healthcare Systems

Former Employee - Real Estate Paralegal in Spartanburg, SC
    Former Employee - Real Estate Paralegal in Spartanburg, SC

I worked at Spartanburg Regional Healthcare System full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great pay!
    Great benefits!
    Very understanding regarding absences due to kid related matters and doctor's appointments.

Cons

Was not given an accurate job description.
    Office culture was not a company strong suit. I was put in an office with the door closed and was not allowed to interact with other individuals from my department or outside my department.

Implement better training programs.
    Have more social events so that employees can get to know one another.

Spartanburg Regional Healthcare System Photos