Spartech

Be The First To
Add Photos

Spartech President, CEO, and Director Victoria M. (Vicki) Holt

Victoria M. (Vicki) Holt

Great place to work and make money.

Former Operator (Former Employee)
Muncie, IN

I worked at Spartech full-time for more than a year

ProsThis is an excellent company for those who like to work overtime. Also, there is always an opportunity to move upwards in the company. I would consider this company as a worker-friendly place.

ConsDue to 12-hour shifts, the long hours may be too much for some, particularly those who work at night. For people who love to party, I would recommend something else.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone. Management was excellent, specifically in providing communication to employees as well as a consistent emphasis on safety at all times.

Good company

Production Tech (Former Employee)
Lockport, NY

I worked at Spartech full-time for more than 5 years

ProsGood pay, good benefits. Good work life balance.

ConsSold company and have cut back on healthcare for years. They don't pay as well as they used to and close/ sell a lot of plants.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop gouging the little guy

Did not take good care of their people

Donora, PA

I worked at Spartech full-time for less than a year

ProsA lot of opportunities for process improvement, very few engineers

Conspoor treatment of their people

Lot of good people, business closoings and cuts occur often

Plant Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Spartech full-time for more than 8 years

ProsWorked with a lot of good people at plants and some corporate

ConsToo much corporate overhead and influence

Overwhelmingly positive personal experience over the last 7 years but the company is going through a difficult time !!

I have been working at Spartech full-time for more than 5 years

ProsThe team I'm in is made up of some of the best people I have had the pleasure of working with. We've helped transform our area of the business and have been lucky to have management buy-in on some critical projects which has placed us at the forefront of what we do and how we do it. It's a unique environment and I'm grateful to have been part of it as we head towards a slightly uncertain future.

ConsThe manufacturing sector Spartech is placed in has taken a hit in recent years. Budgets have been slashed, workload has increased and moral has taken a bit of a dip. Immediate future is a little murky with the impending acquisition.

Advice to Senior ManagementInformation is key in this kind of scenario and the information being made available to employees in the run up to the take over has been severely lacking. Not enough has been done to try and retain existing staff which is increasing the workload when people leave Spartech for one of the many other large corporations located in St. Louis.

One Hot Mess

I have been working at Spartech full-time for more than 5 years

Prosvery unique manufacturing environment; great people who work hard; lots of potential to be a great company and supplier.

ConsNo training; sink-or-swim effect; management thinks they know what to do but wastes time on non-value added objectives; too many meetings; lack of direction for employees (both new and existing); very little room for advancement if any at all.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to ideas and be open; please stop saying that you want to listen and then wish to table it for a later conversation; please implement a training program to provide structure for any new/existing employees. Maybe PolyOne merger is a good idea afterall...

Plenty of work everyday but very poorly managed and senior management is dis functional

Corporate Office (Former Employee)
Saint-Louis (Reunion)

Advice to Senior ManagementCulture Survey

no vision

Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Spartech full-time for more than 3 years

ProsThe people were great to work with

ConsThe sr. management team lack cohesiveness...

Advice to Senior ManagementGet your act to gether....that includes the board!

Great people, lack of advancment possibilities

Stamford, CT

I worked at Spartech

ProsGreat people. Left for more opportunity. Lots of responsibility and autonomy.

ConsLack of opportunity. Salaries on low side.

Solid foundation - Good Management - The tools for a successful organization are here.

Production Manager (Current Employee)
Arlington, TX

I have been working at Spartech

ProsMany experienced employees who understand the fundamentals of the business / The majority of the staff within the Spartech Corporation at all levels are easy to work with and always willing to assist (non-financially) employees at all levels

ConsEstablished managerial workforce - Minimal potential for advancement / Annual compensation adjustments often insufficient / Due to a history of mimimal annual employee compensation adjustments, many employees at the plant level have lost their motivation to perform their tasks effectively and efficiently; in addition to losing their desire to assist the organization in its efforts to improve. Thus, the task for changing the organization, in order to be successful in the long run, can be difficult for managerial personnel at times.

Advice to Senior ManagementToo much to type; however, the senior management team is composed of an excellent group of individuals, who have the character necessary to take the organization to the next level.

Worked for Spartech? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Spartech reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Spartech CEO Victoria M. (Vicki) Holt. All 10 reviews posted anonymously by Spartech employees.