Sparton Reviews

Updated August 25, 2014

4.2

Sparton President, CEO, and Director Cary B. Wood
Cary B. Wood

Great company if you get in with the right team under the right manager.

I worked at Sparton

Pros

There are some incredibly talented people here. Brilliant and creative! The fortunate few sometimes get to work on Tandy level technologies. At times it was humbling to be amongst such down-to-earth genius, understanding and remarkable kindness.

Cons

Very narrow in its views of the world as it is, and as it will be. Very conservative and reluctant to step outside its comfort zone. In many ways it is still firmly planted in the 20th century.

Definitely

Clean comfortable place to work, but poor wages

I have been working at Sparton full-time for more than a year

Pros

The 4 10 hour shifts Monday to Thursday is great with the longer weekend giving more family time. its clean and the work is not overly strenuous, so you don't leave work looking or smelling like you would in most factories.. Its varied work never gets boring

Cons

Wages are about the lowest factory wages in the area and health care cost are very high compared to other local employers. It can be frustrating working with the lack of equipment in some areas. Different areas of the factory don't work well together. Because of the 4 10 hour shifts a week employees usually don't get extra days off for scheduled paid vacations, instead you get an extra days (8 hours not 10) pay at flat rate (no shift differential or over time when forced to work the full 40hrs during a vacation week) but when you use PTO you are force to take 10 hrs per a day off rather than the 8hrs the company pays for scheduled days. Office politics allow employees that perform poor to continue disrupting an otherwise smooth operation

Wages and benefits need to be more in line with other local employers. While recent improvements in several area and processes have been implemented making employees days more structured and less frustrating, the line leads need more flexibility and control over certain areas of scheduling and planning in their areas.

Poor documentation slow work environment low wages and sexual harassment to name a few glad I moved on!

Former Employee - Machine Operating Specialist  in  Brooksville, FL
    Former Employee - Machine Operating Specialist in Brooksville, FL

I worked at Sparton full-time for less than a year

Pros

Most Co workers are nice people easy to work together at times 4 10 hour days.. and over time when rarely available..

Cons

Lack of leadership and supervision nobody abides by the brake schedule government job but still can't keep working flowing due to lack of parts and Ppe is a mess. Hr is a huge mess as well! Poor place to work.

Level the building, start over!!!!

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A good and stable position

I have been working at Sparton full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Very progressive company, always moving toward new technology

Cons

Hours always changing from 4 days to 5 days to 4.5 days a week. Little or no bonus offered.

Need a consistent vision of company direction.

I would Recommend Sparton to a Friend

I have been working at Sparton full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good work/life balance and room for advancement.

Cons

no cons that I can think of

Great people, interesting products and a pleasant work environment.

Current Employee - Engineer  in  Deland, FL
    Current Employee - Engineer in Deland, FL

I have been working at Sparton full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I work in the Deleon Springs Engineering department. Sparton products are very interesting to work on because they cover most engineering disciplines. The pay is competitive for the area. Sparton has a family friendly work environment with flexible work hours. There are a lot of smart people here and everyone seems very willing to help out and work together as a team.

Cons

Commute from the Orlando area is a bit long, but the traffic is usually not too bad (because most of the traffic is going in the opposite direction).

Keep the flexible work hours such as the 9/80 option available to employees. The 9/80 a big moral booster.
    Add more investment options for the 401K. Some company 401k's allow you to invest in any mutual fund through a brokerage account option.

Fast paced, something new and developing new ideas everyday.

Current Employee - QC Inspector  in  De Leon Springs, FL
    Current Employee - QC Inspector in De Leon Springs, FL

I have been working at Sparton full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Some of the pros of working for Sparton are they are always moving forward and develpoing new ideas. They keep their people informed of changes and add support to production when ever its needed. Very fast paced working organization.

Cons

Some of the cons for working for Sparton I would say is the place where the vending machines are. The choices are not so good. Its also sometimes hard to get the small tools to work with.

I would love too have more employee perks. An example would be discount tickets to the theme parks and events. It would be a good idea to add an emergency sick day a year without adding a point to your attendance.

Great Job

Current Employee - Engineering Design Technologist  in  De Leon Springs, FL
    Current Employee - Engineering Design Technologist in De Leon Springs, FL

I have been working at Sparton full-time for more than a year

Pros

The work is technically challenging and fast pace. My co-workers are good, hardworking people. My supervisor is flexible when I need it, and does not micro manage. I have and will continue to recommend this employer to friends.

Cons

I do not have any cons to list.

Management does an outstanding job of keeping us informed about company business. I really don't have anything negative to say. Sparton has been good to me.

A GREAT PLACE TO WORK!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  De Leon Springs, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in De Leon Springs, FL

I have been working at Sparton full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Working at Sparton feels like being apart of one big family.

Cons

Family doesn't always see eye to eye.

Listen more to the people who deal with your projects everyday.

Challenging work in a friendly, comfortable, environmentally controlled atmosphere

I have been working at Sparton full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The commodity is interesting, provides challenges and learning opportunities, and most of the assembly and manufacturing is confined within air conditioned buildings. The company promotes a team environment and the people are friendly, cooperative and supportive to the needs of the team. The company instills high emphasis on health, safety and community citizenship. All in all, not a bad place to work.

Cons

Training for starting salary employees is poor. There does not seem to be a lot of growth opportunities, and job security is scary. Always waiting for them to come up and say time to go as that seems to be how they operate.

Worked for Sparton? Contribute to the Community!