Spaulding Rehabilitation Hospital

Be The First To
Add Photos

Spaulding Rehabilitation Hospital President and Trustee David E. Storto

David E. Storto

It was very rewording, and beneficial. I gained a lot of experience on IV preparation and patient care.

Pharmacy Intern (Former Employee) Charlestown, MA

ProsThe work environment is very good. People feel proud to be part of this hospital. It provide full support to their employees in professional front it has many branches across MA.The Spaulding Rehabilitation Hospital is a 132-bed rehabilitation teaching hospital located in Boston, Massachusetts. It is a part of Partners Health Care which is a non-profit organization that owns several hospitals in Massachusetts, primarily in the Boston area. Massachusetts General Hospital and Brigham and Women's Hospital founded the organization in 1994.so I have good opportunity to show my talent.

ConsTransportation is a challenge, because there is no public transportation access, you must own a car.

Needs more oversight

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsPart of the Partners Healthcare System
    Dedicated staff , who work very hard , despite lack of resources, and poor leadership
    Good benefits

ConsFavoritism, consistent poor patient satisfaction survey results, low employee morale, current bad management period, lacks empathy

Advice to Senior ManagementNeeds an overhaul quick

I would work here again. Great place to learn your craft.

Physical Therapist (Current Employee)

ProsClinical Ladder
    Good Benefits
    Ample Continueing Education opportunities
    Supportive management

ConsPoor supervision of administrative staff

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to improve customer service and schedule management.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Patients above all others.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Boston, MA

ProsGood mission driven organization that really cares about the patients.

ConsMentoring and management training could use some help as you work up through the ranks. Sometimes managers forget that helping their subordinates is part of their job.

Advice to Senior ManagementHelp supervisors and managers focus not just on department bottom lines and patients but also personal and co-worker growth. Improve mentoring opportunities both inside and outside of the organization.

Excellent

X-Ray Technologist (Current Employee) Charlestown, MD

ProsAn excellent and futuristic environment

ConsNo full or part time employment available at this time.

Not the best experience

Patient Sitter (Former Employee) Cambridge, MA

ProsThe facility has a great reputation

ConsConstantly felt like I was being looked down upon by nurses and other staff members. Very disorganized. The head nurse of the facility was incredibly rude to me once because she apparently had no idea I was coming or who I was (it was my first night working there). I never really felt comfortable working there, which is why I didn't work very often.
    It's not the most exciting job by nature, but sometimes I felt like me and the patient were forgotten by the nurse (I realize they're busy, but you need to at least come in and talk to the patient, let them know when you'll be in to give them their morning meds, etc. Otherwise they often become much more agitated).

Advice to Senior ManagementTry not to treat sitters like their idiots. I have 2 degrees, and was working here to get patient care experience while going to school full time and working another job.

Part-Time with Full time Benefits

Project Specialist (Current Employee)

ProsHonor employees regularly with special meals and entertainment. Some work at home positions.

ConsMy department moved to the 100+ yr old hospital in Cambridge and most of the hospital moved to a brand new hospital in Charlestown. Long commute

Advice to Senior ManagementThe department is not included in special announcents from the current location or the new location. Feel left out.

Not concerned with retention

Registered Nurse Vent Weaning (Current Employee) Cambridge, MA

ProsHours, team environment, competent MDs, available overtime.

ConsAdministration doesn't much for education. Extremely getting time off requests. Floating w/o orientation to other units or differentials. Administration doesn't seem to concerned with retaining seasoned nurses.

Advice to Senior ManagementSee Cons.

Not too bad

CNA (Current Employee) Boston, MA

ProsGood experience if you're looking to do rehab, they are one of the bests

ConsThe upper management sucks, they are very unfair to employees

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more considerate and rewarding to your employees.

It's a fair starting point to a career in nursing.

Registered Nurse (Current Employee) Boston, MA

ProsBy working at Spaulding you get to see patients improve and go home; it's very satisfying. Even more incredible, you're able to make lasting relationships with your patients because of the long period they stay on your floor.

ConsAs a nurse, it's very difficult to work in a hospital where the primary purpose is therapy. It's difficult to know that your patients often times develop better relationships with their therapists than with you.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees, please.

Worked for Spaulding Rehabilitation Hospital? Contribute to the Community!