Special Counsel Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
4.0
John L. Marshall III

Pros
  • I really enjoyed the people who worked along side of me, but that may be dependent upon the applicant pool (in 2 reviews)

• The people I worked with at Special Counsel were respectful and I felt actually worked to get me different jobs while I was temping for them (in 2 reviews)

Cons
  • Contract work with little room for promotions (in 4 reviews)

• They always wanted to put me on document review projects (in 4 reviews)

1. If looking for a temporary position, Special Counsel is a place to look.

Former Employee - Document Reviewer in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Document Reviewer in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Special Counsel

Pros

If you have not secured a permanent position for after graduation, it is a good place to find quality jobs and competitive pay. The people I worked with at Special Counsel were respectful and I felt actually worked to get me different jobs while I was temping for them. While pay was not at the top, it was competitive with other similar work.

Cons

Jobs are temporary. Not likely to find a temporary to hire position without significant experience. Document review opportunities can be limited in tough economic times. It is also difficult to obtain your first document review job if you have no prior experience in document review. Most firms are looking for persons experienced in specific software for their document review. Work can also become tedious over time. While not a likely good career choice (as far as document review), it was good link between graduation and my first permanent job as an attorney.

Advice to Management

Communicate more with employees to keep morale high. Offer constructive criticism. Offer more opportunities for advancement.

Showing 1 of 80 review