Specialized Loan Servicing

2.9

John Beggins

fee eee fggg g ggrg.

I have been working at Specialized Loan Servicing full-time

Pros

fjrw e jg lkr we.

Cons

kfll d j fskf sksj dok fldks.

kbfd ol ge rikgt ekgfkj wefk.

Overworked / Under appreciated

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Highlands Ranch, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Highlands Ranch, CO

I have been working at Specialized Loan Servicing full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Flexibility, options to work from home when needed, good PTO policy if you are grandfathered under the old SLS PTO policy

Cons

Overworked, underappreciated and stressful. SLS has grown too much too fast and the growing pains are being felt amongst all. There has been a mass exodus of employees and management in the past year - many who have worked there 10 years. SLS used to be a much nicer, smaller, intimate environment where departments worked together toward a common goal. Currently, the atmosphere is one of finger pointing and an 'us vs.them' mentality. There is no camaraderie and the blame game is played often. Upper management is mostly to blame for the current negative climate at SLS.

There are a few SVP's that are creating the current climate at SLS. If they were let go, there would probably be a vast improvement.

Horrible pay, over worked, less then cost of living annual raises. Go ANYWHERE else, but DON'T work at SLS.

Current Employee - N/A  in  Highlands Ranch, CO
    Current Employee - N/A in Highlands Ranch, CO

I have been working at Specialized Loan Servicing full-time for more than a year

Pros

Health benefits are the only reason.

Cons

Company culture is one of mistrust, reactive instead of proactive management, and exceptionally top heavy in management. This equates to management getting paid very well, while all the entry-level worker live paycheck to paycheck. Turnover rate in the company is over 30%, with over 45% of the people in my very important department actively looking outside the company for another job.

Listen to your lower level employees, PAY your employees a livable wage for their hard work, stop the Nazi tactics on how you treat your employees, and no pasta for a Christmas party, but a REAL Christmas party like two years ago. Show your employees you care, with more then a garbage plastic SLS cup, with a $5 Starbucks card inside.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Company's rapid growth will end up being its demise

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Highlands Ranch, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Highlands Ranch, CO

I worked at Specialized Loan Servicing full-time for more than a year

Pros

The benefits are very good! Just like any organization there are great people and not-so-great people. The company is growing and positions are being created. There are a lot of technically/industry experienced people.

Cons

Because the company is growing so quickly there are significant growing pains. Work loads are unrealistic. Overtime expectations are unrealistic. Not a lot of work-life balance in many departments.

Hire more people. Show you want to promote from within.

horrible experience

Current Employee - Executive Services  in  Highlands Ranch, CO
    Current Employee - Executive Services in Highlands Ranch, CO

Pros

well there's really not any reason why worked at this company. except the you someting get attached to your co-workers making the stay easier to handle.

Cons

the managment aren't organized at all there's not communnication beween the agents the the supervisor, Sls dosen't appreciate what your do for the company. I worked the sls almost 3 years and becuse the quality control they decide to let me go with out given the chance to traing me on the new procedures. the campany changed often the rules with telling you in ahead of time

There's not Stability in the organisation There’s no stability in this organization , and I quote “ you are not dispensable “ we can always get someone else

Review

I have been working at Specialized Loan Servicing

Pros

Small organizatiotn that has an open structure

Cons

Unorganized management style and lack of future planning or communication of that plan

Great company to work for

Current Employee - Customer Care Department  in  Highlands Ranch, CO
    Current Employee - Customer Care Department in Highlands Ranch, CO

Pros

Great people, great staff, and a senior management who actively seeks feedback and recommendations to resolve problems. I have worked there for over a year and have continually been impressed at the amount of feedback the company seeks and how regularly they seek out this feedback. Great bonus structures, 401(k) fully vested at day 1, benefits that start the first day of the month following your hire date. I have worked for many call centers and this one, by far, is the best I have ever served. On-site fitness center as well.

Employees are managed similarly to most other companies as for as the tolerance for absenteeism, performance, etc.

Cons

There are really no cons other than the on-site café is a little limited on food choices, but if you like the daily specials, you're good to go.

Continue with the open door policy. Always take the time to talk to your people and make sure that they understand their importance and how their roles keep the company working.

Otherwise, I can only stress that you need to actively seek out the hidden gems that work for you. Find these employees and actively promote them to roles that better suit their skills and the company will be all the better.

Good training and employee attention

Former Employee - Customer Support Associate  in  Highlands Ranch, CO
    Former Employee - Customer Support Associate in Highlands Ranch, CO

I worked at Specialized Loan Servicing part-time for less than a year

Pros

Solid training on systems and procedures, friendly supervisors, and solid out reach on team goals to front line staff. My supervisor was always pleasant, as were the other shift and training supervisors. The overwhelming majority of front line staff were great to work with and everyone looked out for each other.

Cons

The pay structure was a bit low for the volume and nature of the work. There was also a large dependency on a bot of a confusing and dated intranet, but that may have been changed after I left. The company also had a fairly high turnover rate, at least while I was there.

Restructure bonuses, improve "Annie" intranet, and review base pay rates vs. industry/location.

You won't get very far

Current Employee - Investor Reporting  in  Highlands Ranch, CO
    Current Employee - Investor Reporting in Highlands Ranch, CO

I have been working at Specialized Loan Servicing full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The people are nice and benefits are pretty good.

Cons

Promotions are scarce unless you are related to or friends with upper management.

Promote off personal merit instead of "who you know".

Run... run as fast as you can. If I could rate negative, I would!

Former Employee - CR Team Lead  in  Highlands Ranch, CO
    Former Employee - CR Team Lead in Highlands Ranch, CO

I worked at Specialized Loan Servicing full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

There really are no pros. Maybe the benefits are OK. They do the best they can with that. More cons than pros, that's for sure.

Cons

Where to start... Most middle managers hired from outside the company usually fail with in 6 months to a year. That assumes that they're not besties with a VP or owner. I personally was looked over for promotion because one of the owners' family members also applied for the job. I've been in meetings where supervisors and managers have said that they just want people with a heartbeat to fill the seats. I had a supervisor (the one who is related to an owner) tell me that I should treat subordinates like dogs. I know there was a case where HR tried to get employees that were dating to file a sexual harassment complaint (even though they didn't report to each other.) I know a VP loaned an agent money using company funds. I know of at least 3 cases of wrongful termination that the company settled in court. If you like drama and want to be treated poorly, this is the place for you. I wish I could have those 5 - almost 6 years back.

You didn't listen to me when I was there, why would I try to help you now? You grew too big too fast and you really need to pull the plug and start from scratch with people that aren't tyrants. Luckily, you have people that can't get jobs at other companies so they stick with you.

Worked for Specialized Loan Servicing? Contribute to the Community!