Specialized Loan Servicing

Updated February 24, 2015
Updated February 24, 2015
2.2

John Beggins

Not bad or a good working experience just a job.

Current Employee - Business Controls Coordinator
    Current Employee - Business Controls Coordinator

I have been working at Specialized Loan Servicing full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great benefits, will promote from within. Stand-up company will do the right thing.

Cons

Terrible company culture not very diverse.

Spend more time in educating your employees and increase interdepartmental training.

A wonderful opportunity, and learning experience.

Former Employee - Default Support Representative in Highlands Ranch, CO
    Former Employee - Default Support Representative in Highlands Ranch, CO

I worked at Specialized Loan Servicing full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Working in an environment with knowledgeable co-workers that are always willing to take the time to assist others, and work as a team to get deadlines met. I also, learned a lot in a short period of time with this company. The knowledge is something that is useful for a life time, so its definitely priceless!

Cons

We were very low staffed in our department. Deadlines have to be met in this line of work so the only con I can think of is the amount of work required to complete. It was a bit overwhelming, but absolutely rewarding.

I think that it is very important to complete annual reviews in a timely manner. The employees work extremely hard to ensure quality, and quantity by deadlines. I believe employees would feel more valued if the review of work was completed in the same manner.

Most unprofessional, unethical, two faced managers I have ever worked for.

Former Employee - Valuations Analyst in Highlands Ranch, CO
    Former Employee - Valuations Analyst in Highlands Ranch, CO

I worked at Specialized Loan Servicing

Pros

Great view of mountains, period.

Cons

Time clocks / overly micromanaged / low wages / atmosphere feels like you are easily replaceable / new staff persuaded going for lunch pick ups for managers.

Hey over paid unaccomplished managers, this is not high school.(although half of you didn't actually finish). Don't talk behind others backs about staff to other staff, then turn around and kiss the staff you were just criticizing. Learn what your team actually does, and not worry about what bronco seats/bottles of wine or gift cards your getting from your agents. Per company----no accepting gifts, but I guess that's an exemption to you.

Very reactionary, no overall roadmap for where they need to go, high degree of animosity between Business and IT.

I worked at Specialized Loan Servicing

Pros

The location and the people in my immediate department.

Cons

Everyday is another crisis. Management ignores the problems. Pay is well below what you can get somewhere else.

Hire some people who know how a good company should be run and then listen to their suggestions.

Currently working for this company for 1 year

I have been working at Specialized Loan Servicing

Pros

There are not many pros. Just that it is a job and you get a paycheck.

Cons

Failing CFPB compliance.Management has no idea of what their subordinates job consists of. They make policy, and system changes with no notice and no foresight, of what affects the change will have on the system, other departments, government guidelines or customers. They also make changes mid month that affect the incentive pay you expect to get. Nothing is consistent from day to day on how to handle calls. The incentive is a joke because it is nearly unattainable and if you get lucky it is nowhere near what you were told to expect upon hire. You are told that a policy is a certain thing, but if a call is escalated management will cave, making you seem like a liar for upholding the policies they put in place. Management will lie right to your face. SLS looks for any reason to not pay incentive that is earned by hard work. The base pay (which is basically what you will get) is way below industry standards. Training is a joke. There is more but I hope people get the point.

Listen to your employees, they really do know more about products and government guidelines than you do. Support them instead of working against them. Treat your employees with respect and value them as assets, so the turn over lessen, and you will keep seasoned knowledgeable employees, instead of training them for another company. Be proactive when issues are identified by you employees instead of reactive only when a lawsuit or fine is imposed when.

Disorganized and unethical

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I worked at Specialized Loan Servicing

Pros

The company pays fairly good wages without a need for a college degree. There are a lot of opportunities for advancement in the lower level positions. The facilities are clean, a nice cafeteria, and access to a small gym.

Cons

The company has no idea what the other hand is doing. Department policies aren't congruent. Management is sloppy, uninvolved with technical issues, micromanage, and spend more time contradicting themselves. Worst yet is the fact that they continue to process the same unethical practices that caused the entire review of Bank of America and others. Their computer systems are always down, and they have incompetent people running the business analyst departments. This company is one of the worst examples I have ever seen of pure nepotism.

Rather than spending time behind closed doors and working on your own advancement, spend more time listening to your employees and interacting with them. Also, don't back track on bonuses and incentives it only makes employees more upset.

Run and hide, the corporate monsters are coming

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Highlands Ranch, CO

I have been working at Specialized Loan Servicing full-time (less than a year)

Pros

My co-workers are pretty awesome, and I am pretty happy with the facilities offered (gourmet-like cafeteria, 24/7 gym).

Cons

This company went lop-sided very quickly. What apparently began as a warm, well-connected, efficient organization filled with experience and expertise suddenly unraveled into a mess and constant disaster-zone. I work in a department that was considerably the most respected, highest paid, and most sought-after; however, the constant lack of support and focus from upper-management has rapidly turned our department into a joke. In addition, there is no direction or competent training, which is coupled with constantly broken systems (I mean system issues that literally put production at a stand-still for months), so one could imagine how little you get done when upper management is nowhere to be found to actually deal with these problems. But rest assured, when the breakroom TV goes down, they'll have it replaced and ready to go before this afternoon's post-game recaps (go Broncos/Nuggets/Rockies!).

Resign and replace.

Overworked / Under appreciated

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Highlands Ranch, CO

I have been working at Specialized Loan Servicing full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Flexibility, options to work from home when needed, good PTO policy if you are grandfathered under the old SLS PTO policy

Cons

Overworked, underappreciated and stressful. SLS has grown too much too fast and the growing pains are being felt amongst all. There has been a mass exodus of employees and management in the past year - many who have worked there 10 years. SLS used to be a much nicer, smaller, intimate environment where departments worked together toward a common goal. Currently, the atmosphere is one of finger pointing and an 'us vs.them' mentality. There is no camaraderie and the blame game is played often. Upper management is mostly to blame for the current negative climate at SLS.

There are a few SVP's that are creating the current climate at SLS. If they were let go, there would probably be a vast improvement.

Horrible pay, over worked, less then cost of living annual raises. Go ANYWHERE else, but DON'T work at SLS.

Current Employee - N/A in Highlands Ranch, CO
    Current Employee - N/A in Highlands Ranch, CO

I have been working at Specialized Loan Servicing full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Health benefits are the only reason.

Cons

Company culture is one of mistrust, reactive instead of proactive management, and exceptionally top heavy in management. This equates to management getting paid very well, while all the entry-level worker live paycheck to paycheck. Turnover rate in the company is over 30%, with over 45% of the people in my very important department actively looking outside the company for another job.

Listen to your lower level employees, PAY your employees a livable wage for their hard work, stop the Nazi tactics on how you treat your employees, and no pasta for a Christmas party, but a REAL Christmas party like two years ago. Show your employees you care, with more then a garbage plastic SLS cup, with a $5 Starbucks card inside.

Company's rapid growth will end up being its demise

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Highlands Ranch, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Highlands Ranch, CO

I worked at Specialized Loan Servicing full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The benefits are very good! Just like any organization there are great people and not-so-great people. The company is growing and positions are being created. There are a lot of technically/industry experienced people.

Cons

Because the company is growing so quickly there are significant growing pains. Work loads are unrealistic. Overtime expectations are unrealistic. Not a lot of work-life balance in many departments.

Hire more people. Show you want to promote from within.