Speck

Be The First To
Add Photos

Irene Baran

sinking ship

Prosnot including almost every single manager from middle to executive there are some very bright, talented team members. less and less everyday as they move to companies that value intelligence and offer growth

Consthere are no words to adequately describe how incredibly terrible the management is. 98% off the leaders in the company are clueless fossils who with their every move almost seem to be purposely driving the company into ruin. the morale is so low that most of the team has resorted to sarcasm to cover up the pain that their once beloved company is being torn apart by unqualified leaders.

Advice to Senior ManagementLeave, please. There are a few, a small few, who still inspire and support their employees but the vast majority, if they cared at all about the company, its future and not just pulling a paycheck to the bitter end should leave.

This could have been a great place to work but........

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsI worked with some great people that I would like to work with again. Casual and flexible work environment, I even got a few free phone cases.

ConsOne poor decision after another by an executive management team that is out of touch. There is too much nepotism and favoritism in the company. Morale is really low with everyone worrying if they will be next on the chopping block.

Advice to Senior ManagementHonesty goes a long way.

No future, no growth, no nothing

ProsCurrent location, snacks/beverages, dog days, a lot of the people, work-life balance

ConsDuring layoffs instead of getting rid of management and higher-ups that made all the bad decisions to get us where we are financially they cut all hard-working people that made this company great.
    Ideas are not heard.
    The morale has tanked and everyone is looking to leave.
    Terrible leadership
    No career growth opportunity

Advice to Senior ManagementThere is absolutely zero leadership for certain departments. Some of the managers literally do nothing and rely on their employees to do every little thing for them while they're already completely overworked.
    Stop spending excruciating amounts of money on things like sending more than half the company to CES. At the end of the day if the person you're sending won't impact our sales, why are they going?
    There's plenty more to say but I will stop there.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

lovely working staff. management is the worst I have every worked for!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosat this time none. when I started it was a dynamic company with a fun and meaningful purpose.

ConsThe senior management is lost as to basic business practices. The company struggles to pay suppliers and manufactures. The Product develop team is one of the worse teams I have worked with and has very little if no ability to apply basics manufacturing knowledge wrt manufacturing.

Advice to Senior ManagementI left,, i don't care what they do now!

Poor Decision Making

ProsTalented and hard working individual contributors who care. Potential to wear many hats and develop new skills. Middle management and lower guys stepping up to right the ship by standing up to executives. Good work-life balance, great location (downtown Mountain View), will pay for CalTrain.

ConsExecutive team makes poor decisions and doesn't know how to lead a team. While announcing downsizing, leaders are spending frivolously at Vegas for CES, sending HR (??!!!?!), adding insult to injury amid layoffs.

Advice to Senior ManagementCEO should clean house on upper management. Listen to your employees.

Sorry decline

ProsLove a lot of the hard-working and smart people I work with. Unfortunately they are not the decision-makers, or if they make decisions, the decisions are undone by people who have their own agendas and not the best interest of the company in mind.

ConsIneffective team. Lack of leadership, poor/non-logical decision-making. It's a real shame; they took a fantastic group of people and ran the company into the ground. They don't care that good people are leaving.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou clearly either don't care or don't have a clue as to what the market wants and what it takes to be competitive. Please leave before you kill the company.

Bad Decisions.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsSome cool people, fun product. A few work hard to make this a great fun place to work, but it's not enough.

ConsIf you want a place where there are clear goals, strong leadership, smart decisions, and career progression, this is not it. CEO is loyal to a fault with an incompetent executive team. Employees are confused when it comes to company goals and even company cultural values. Importance is placed on trivial matters, plans are made and abandoned within hours, hiring happens in all the wrong places, the poor performers rise to the top and the good people get out when they can.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet out now and maybe this company can be salvaged.

abandon ship

Prosgreat people who work hard.

Conslack of processes, lack of follow through; General disrespect to the lower tiered people. While in the middle of layoffs and generally creating a culture of fear and intimidation in the workplace, the higher ups are all partying it up in vegas for CES. Even people that do not need to be there, like HR. While in the meantime they are cutting costs and jobs in order to save money. Its a huge slap in the face to everyone who got laid off.

Advice to Senior Managementstop treating the lower tiered people like scum. Show them a modicum of respect.

One word; disaster

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Mountain View, CA

ProsFun people and culture. Good location and they pay for Caltrain.

ConsCompletely incompetent executive staff. The company is totally mismanaged and getting worse every day. They are in the process of the third round of layoffs. There is absolutely no cohesive leadership trying to right the decline. They continue to spend money on frivolous expenses while they lay people off.

Advice to Senior ManagementMy only advice to management is to resign and allow qualified and capable people to repair the damage and try to save the brand.

Used to be fun. Is slowing down today.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Mountain View, CA

ProsI really enjoyed the enthusiasm when I first started. People were willing to help and listen. Small initiatives had a big impact. The recruiting process was awesome and the onboarding was well executed. Speck moves so fast that the onboarding helped me get up to speed on how to be successful in my role.

ConsThe morale is low and people are looking to leave. It's sad. It used to be a fun company and the lack of growth is causing finances to tighten.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet some outside blood on the team. Focus on strategy in the long-term and not what might happen in the next 18 months.

Worked for Speck? Contribute to the Community!