Spectranetics Reviews

Reset
3.7
Spectranetics CEO Scott Drake
Scott Drake

1. Best place to work in Colorado!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at Spectranetics full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Leaderships commitment to Attract/Retain/Develop the Best Talent on the Planet. Teammates are a true team and work to support each other. Awesome culture. Scott Drake and Guy Childs are inspiring leaders.

Cons

Need more staff to support rapid growth. Be prepared to work hard. Very lean company that wants to do too much too fast. Burns people out.

Advice to Management

Please, please,please, give us the technology to support the business needs. Not enough time to do the quantity of work at the expected high level of detail to quality. Too many Senior leaders get away with bullying direct reports to work ridiculous hours. The pace of work is not sustainable Losing A players.

2. If your favorite holiday is Halloween... you will be in heaven at this company in COS! (Note: Mentioned at interview)

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

I worked at Spectranetics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

All product is manufactured in the good ole' USA (as of today) annnnd the view is spectacular (or spooktacular) at the Colorado Springs facility.

Cons

Management is top-heavy, many brown-nosers, immature regulatory managers, inefficient change management system, unrealistic expectations with ALL projects being high priorities, approvel denied for continuing job-related education, & a high turn-over rate. The company calls its employees 'teammates' in the 'Spectranetics' family'. If this family fluff were to be true, would a parent disown his/her own child if s/he received a poor grade on one of his/her report cards? No, a decent parent would not... but the "Spectranetics' family" would for surely disown (aka dismiss) the relatively new "teammate" in the "Spectranetics' family" for non-conformance to being a brown-noser.

Advice to Management

Good luck (if you believe in luck)... the damage is done.

3. Teammate

Pros

Generally a good future if the drug coated balloon ever gets to market. 75% of the leadership know what they are doing and the rest are bringing the company down.

Cons

R&D has poor senior leadership so we better hope we can buy technology because we can't lead the development of it. Lots of yes men/women in the organization. CEO has set a mandate to have 50% women in leadership roles in this high tech company whether they want it or not. All employees in the latest RIF where men.

Advice to Management

Don't tell the employees the company is strong then tell the public on an earnings call that we won't make our numbers resulting in a 35% stock drop and releasing of some great employees. Good to know the Board can buy stock on the cheap while others are unemployed and looking for jobs.

5. Great Company with Great Atmosphere

Current Employee - Manufacturing Engineer in Colorado Springs, CO
    Current Employee - Manufacturing Engineer in Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at Spectranetics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

While I haven't been here long (<1 year), I already feel like a fully integrated part of this team. The goals for the company as a whole are very clear, and that trickles down to each individual department, manager, and teammate. The culture and values being promoted at Spectranetics very unique and make for an enjoyable work environment. The benefits package is also outstanding which played a big part in my choosing this company over others.

Cons

It has been hard to keep up with all the growth, and having additional personnel would be beneficial, but other than that no complaints.

Advice to Management

A longer introduction phase where the teammate is able to learn about the company as a whole over several weeks.

6. Good Company

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Monument, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Monument, CO

I worked at Spectranetics part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Many great people to work with; ideology is in the right place. A lot of incentives and benefits for employees. Promote from within.

Cons

Bureaucracy - as with any large company. The higher management level, the less effective. Top management stalls progress on occasion with unrealistic expectations and deadlines.

Advice to Management

Interact more with the company in its entirety to stay in touch with what is happening.

7. Senior management that only cares about money not employees

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

I worked at Spectranetics (More than a year)

Pros

management is transparent and CEO meets with everyone monthly to provide business updates

Cons

Management is very frugal A very boring place to work even though some of the people are nice

8. Growing Company

I have been working at Spectranetics full-time

Pros

Company growing in Colorado Springs and expanding into California

Cons

If you are looking for a company that is not growing fast, this is not the company for you

Dysfunctional Place to Work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at Spectranetics full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I can't think of any . . . truly the worst experience of my career so far.

Cons

Lead Management is a niche market with limited growth opportunities. Bully mentality with some in leadership. Back-stabbing and fickle culture led by a management team that "talks the talk" but inconsistently "walks the walk". Leaves employees frustrated, confused, and feeling unappreciated for the long hours of work and dedication we've put into our jobs to drive success for the company.

10. All around amazing place to work!

Current Employee - Shipping and Receiving Clerk
    Current Employee - Shipping and Receiving Clerk

I have been working at Spectranetics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This company has been and will continue to grow at an amazing rate! Everyone in the company from production up to the CEO are truly amazing, talented and beyond kind! The goal is to find and retain the best talent in the world and they are doing it!!! Plenty of room for growth and they truly so make you feel like there is no limits to what you can do!

Cons

Due to rapid growth they are out growing the space we currently have so feels a bit crowded in areas but not necessarily a bad thing just shows that this company is doing amazing things and saving lives which is one of the most amazing things anyone can do!

Advice to Management

Management is doing great, only advice I have is continue to appreciate the employees.

11. Great Culture

Former Employee - Intern in Colorado Springs, CO
    Former Employee - Intern in Colorado Springs, CO

Pros

Great culture and employees. Very sound vision and leadership.

Cons

Not many cons that I can think of.

RSS Feed </> Embed