Spectrum Healthcare Resources Reviews

5 reviews filtered by
2.6
CEO

Results oriented

I worked at Spectrum Healthcare Resources full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Offered a great deal of Autonomy

Cons

Tough to get back on track if perceived as struggling

Communicate quicker

2. Did not support the employee. No representation or assistance with contracted company

I worked at Spectrum Healthcare Resources as a contractor

Pros

There weren't any...major disappointments repeated over and over

Cons

Did not follow through on promises to provide mediation and employee support with problems arising at contracted location. Kept things very quiet...would not update on developments. Did not support employee but left him "hanging" to abuses and harassments of contracted company. Dealings during time of need for their intervention was conducted in very shady, secretive manner.

As a contract company, you should be supporting the employees you recruit to fill contract positions. When an contract provider needs interventions, you should be the strong advocate for the person you recruited, rather than cave and throw the contracted employee to the wolves.

Recuriter

Former Employee - Recuriter in Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Recuriter in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Spectrum Healthcare Resources full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great teamwork by the group to fill the needed openings and very helpful when needing time off or any help while at work.

Cons

Company is not very organized or thought out. I often felt I wasn't even needed and struggled to find work to fill my day.

Listen to employees when asking if you can change something to better the company, and then make that change happen!

5. Overall Spectrum Healthcare Resources was a good company to work for

Former Employee - Registered Nurse Utilization Management in Shreveport, LA
    Former Employee - Registered Nurse Utilization Management in Shreveport, LA

I worked at Spectrum Healthcare Resources

Pros

Employer supported the employee and encouraged education and advancement

Cons

Contract was not renewed at the end of the contract period. I feel that the contract should have been reviewed for renewal before the end of the year which made it difficult to receive an answer and know if the present employee would be remaining or not in the position.

To look for companies that are willing to hire previous employed nursing staff to fill case management or utilization management positions

Unethical and Questionable practices

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I worked at Spectrum Healthcare Resources as a contractor (more than a year)

Pros

Hmm, that's hard to say. Leave time is okay.

Cons

They have been known, (often) to shop jobs, meaning they will post a job that is filled, your job while you are employed. HIgher management if confronted says, but we are a recruiting company - of course we'd continue to advertise the job to get general staff. They seem to look for any option to release an employee if they can find someone cheaper. They do not support their employees even when obvious unethical practices are occurring with the company that they have a contract with. They do not seem to honor skill and experience; it's all about cost and saving money. While they will claim that's the best they can pay, they sink huge amounts of money and time into enlarging their company, and travel or benefits for administrators, more than observed in other contract companies. They meddle with supervision issues inappropriately. They are slippery and not to be trusted.

Get into another business that is not involved in healthcare.